Independent EDI Consultant 2009 – Present
Subcontracted EDI implementations, mappings, and maintenance. Jobs have included multiple transaction sets for the food services industry.
Confidential,Santa Barbara CA 2007 – 2009
QAD Inc. provides enterprise resource planning software applications, professional services, and application support for manufacturing companies. The company serves automotive, consumer products, high technology, food and beverage, industrial products, and life sciences industries.
Senior Consultant 2007 – 2009
Duties include implementation of EDI E-commerce in multiple domains with customers at various QAD customers. Actively work with other teams to supporting daily activities and problem solving customers EDI and Gentran system. Design, coding, and adapted both inbound and outbound Ecommerce transformation maps for customers in U.S. and Mexico
Achievements and Acknowledgements:
- Completed several QAD University (internal) courses in different products and processes.
- Able to work remotely or on-site.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix, SQL and C++
Confidential,Grand Haven MI 1996 – 2007
GHSP, a division of JSJ Corporation, a global supplier of two core product families: 1) mechanical and electro-mechanical driver control systems to the automotive industry and 2) electronic control modules to the surface transportation industry.
EDI and Bar Code Administrator 1998 -2007
Primary responsibilities for this position involved providing overall tactical leadership for global EDI and Bar Code System implementation, including assisting in network design required to support bar code equipment and EDI hardware used in communications with customers and VAN’s, and creating best-in-class business applications at lowest-in-class costs. Considerable knowledge of MFG/PRO’s Manufacturing and Distribution modules, in order to provide ongoing troubleshooting in support of the user community. Responsible for all testing and upgrades of EDI communications and translation software from legacy EDI system (Trinary) to Gentran: Server for Windows. Design, test, and implementation for all trading partner setups, mapping, etc., in Gentran. Design, testing and implementation of Bar Code solution (Eagle RFeXpress), creating label templates used by numerous customers and the integration with ERP system. Provide troubleshooting and problem solving for EDI and Barcode systems in production, shipping, and receiving.
Achievements and Acknowledgement:
- Lead the change of EDI Value Added Networks (VAN) from IBM to Sterling Commerce to Covisint, saving hundreds of dollars every month in fees and charges.
- Responsible for the installation and administration of Cyberquery and its integration with several databases across JSJ Corporation and its many global divisions.
- Active team member in various MFG/PRO upgrades beginning with version 7.4g UNIX through Y2K to version eb2, leading all EDI and Bar Code system integrations and testing.
- Winner of GHSP President’s Achievement Award for speedy implementation of site to site transfers, saving several thousands of dollars monthly in people-hours in shipping and accounting.
- Experience in writing basic Cyberquery and Progress reports.
Confidential,September 1996 to May 1998
Responsibilities included layout, documentation, supplier relations, and organization of data into electronic format. Leading work groups including manufacturing to assure root cause analysis and resolution.
- Received working knowledge of MS-Access in order to improve data usage in Quality department
- Recognized as a key member of Quality department during ERP system implementation, later promoted to IT department to focus on EDI Systems and work closely with Shipping/Receiving departments at all sites.
Confidential,Muskegon, MI 49441
Metrologist - Aug 1994 – September 1996
- Responsible for all CMM and other layouts of prototype and production parts and dies.
Confidential,Muskegon, MI 49441
Feb 1981 – Aug 1994 Quality Control / Supervision / Production machinist
- Responsibilities over nearly 13 years in this production machine shop included nearly
everything at one time or another (milling, drilling, lathe, CNC, CMM).
- Associates Degree in Business (Confidential,College, Muskegon, MI)
- Various other college courses in a variety of subjects including Electronic, Programming and Business.
- Previously attained ASQ’s CQT and CQE
- Dozens of credits in QAD’s Professional Development Online Learning Portal, including earning an Associate Level Certificate.
- Familiar with Lotus Notes and Microsoft’s Office Suite, SQL