Seeking a position using deep knowledge in predictive modeling, statistical analysis, market research, data analysis, data management and data mining. Have strong computer ability and solid skills for trouble-shooting support.
10/2009 - 12/2009
Responsible for performing statistical analysis, modeling, data mining analysis and risk assessment of claims data.
- Detected whether fraud, waste or abuse has occurred in CMS Medicaid programs.
- Determined if the problematic claims have any potential for resulting in an expenditure of funds.
- Obtained achievements in guiding other analysts for projects’ overviews, designing generic algorithms for fraud detection and provider billing patterns.
- Involved in projects: California outpatient after deceased (CA 2033), new patient upcoding claims (CA 2038) and Hawaii Zithromax issue (HI 1006) and provider billing analysis dashboard.
Confidential,Quantitative Market Researcher
Scotch Plains, NJ
03/2008 – 09/2009
- Responsible for statistical analysis, mathematical model building, preparing reports and proposals, managing data and its integrity, converting data information into innovative and useful business insights to various clients.
- Conducted the research projects from data quality assurance, statistical analysis, model building to results’ delivery.
- Managed data and build KPI tables to estimate market trends and segment the market (cluster analysis etc.).
- Created predictive models to derive business driver and find opportunities (multinomial logit, factor analysis etc.).
- Designed the data flow for data management and reporting database and developed all SQL stored procedures for statistical function and processing.
- Instructed the clients in modeling building and different methods (decision tree, cross tables analysis etc.).
- Contributed to projects: Microsoft online advertising satisfaction survey, group insurance market competitive benchmark report, employee and customer linkage research, market data management and reporting database and analysis tools etc.
06/2007 – 03/2008
- Responsible for methodological and analytical support to primary research of various business units including sales, marketing and finance.
- Helped building a surgeon database and performed maintenances.
- Created a predictive model to forecast the potential sales based on statistical analysis (segmentation, clustering, regression, selection method, etc.).
- Improved sales reporting with a more detailed analysis and helped marketing strategy.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Statistical Skills: Logistics regression, linear regression, general linear models (GLM), multivariate analysis including factor analysis, cluster analysis, CHAID, choice modeling, time series such as ARMA, ARIMA
- Computer Skills: SAS, SQL, SPSS, VBA, R/S-Plus, C/C++, Crystal Report, Perl, MATLAB, MATHEMATICA, MS Office including Excel/Access/Word/Power Point, Latex/Tex
- Languages: English and Chinese
- Certificates: SAS programming for SAS 9.
M.S., Applied Mathematics
B.S., Applied Mathematics