Seeking a position in the Information Technology field that offers growth potential with an organization where problems and opportunities are well matched to my abilities and skills.TECHNICAL SKILLS
PC/MAC compatible Desktops and Laptops, CDROM drives, Hard Drives, Floppy Drives,
System Memory and Network interface hardware, Local and Networked Printers, Modems, PDA, Blackberry, FAX Machines, Scanners, etc.
Windows XP/Vista Pro, MS Office ‘03/’07, MAC OSX, Lotus Notes, Internet , Intranet, HTML,PHP, Hardware drivers, Wireless/ LAN/WAN Software, TCP/IP, Remedy, LANDesk, NetMeeting, Macintosh OS\\Windows, Citrix Server, Novell, MS Exchange Server, Active Directory/Active roles, Windows 2003 Server / Cisco Switch / VERITAS, Symantec Ghost, NetBoot, BES, UNIX, LINUX, etc.
Confidential,New York, NY
Field Service Technician August 2008 – Present
- Troubleshoot various issues for all Condé Nast employees via deskside and phone support for remote employees.
- Orchestrated department moves for PC and Macintosh hardware.
- Use troubleshooting tools for PC and Mac machine: ex Symantec Ghost and Netboot.
- Repair Macintosh and Dell hardware parts and software.
- Liaised with other departments with-in IS&T such as desktop engineering, network, and server groups to resolve major outages or technology issues.
Confidential,New York, NY
Initiative Media – Desktop Analyst Level II Jan. 2008 – July 2008
- Provide technical end-user desktop computer support as needed. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues that cannot be provided by Centralized Service Desk.
- Troubleshooting, configuration, and installing software and/or hardware peripherals, perform daily backup procedures.
- Liaise with 3rd party software/hardware vendors for problem resolution and rollout of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware.
- Imaged and backup desktops and laptops using Symantec Ghost application, also created images for the company standard Dell and HP desktops and laptops.
Confidential,Help Desk Analyst June 2006 – Dec. 2007
- Provided timely end-user computer support assistance on a variety of PC/MAC related issues.
- Perform computer administrative tasks for callers that may include but is not limited to: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, adjusting storage limits, file system security, mailbox maintenance, distribution list modification, user account setup, FTP and VPN accounts setup, also trouble shooting other routine and/or semi-routine user computer issues.
- Provide timely, professional and courteous customer service support to all callers, and accurately resolve most issues in order that the end user/customer does not experience a loss in productivity.
Help Desk Analyst August 2005- June 2006
- Troubleshoot Desktop computers remotely using LANDesk software application
- Received computer issues via phone, e-mail to analyze a resolution.
- Troubleshoot and the restarted the extranet server for RAS Secure ID login.
Major: Computer Information Systems