Operating Systems: MVS, Windows, UNIX
Languages: COBOL, CICS, SAS, PHP, Perl, HTML, DYL-280, Easytrieve
Database Systems: DB2, Teradata, Oracle, MySQL
Productivity/other: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access), Fileaid, IBM Utilities
2010 - 2012 CONTRACT PROGRAMMER / ANALYST
- Technical Tools: SAS, Oracle
- Followed specific QA checklist for transfer processing, creating packages of delivery data for customer and in-house Biostatistics' groups
- Coded SAS programs to create key datasets for clinical studies, made modifications to existing programs, built program steps to support infrastructure
- Generated reports and customized files for clients utilizing specifications and ODS SAS statements
- Performed QA Testing and validations for updated programming entities in order to increase quality of changes being released
Confidential, Telecommunications Company focused on local, long-distance and cable-TV services
2009 - 2010 INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR / SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: SAS, JCL, Teradata, Fileaid
- Built new interface programs to connect systems of merged companies, Embarq and CenturyTel
- Analyzed existing system elements and created JCL and SAS components to re-configure critical path for daily processes
- Provided input to processing design related to CenturyLink, data vendor and print vendor in overall scheme of work flow
Confidential, Telecommunications Company focused on wireless cell phones, networks and long-distance services
1999 - 2009 DATABASE MARKETING ANALYST II
- Technical Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, SAS, JCL, UNIX, Teradata, Oracle, Perl, HTML, Fileaid
- Provided leadership for conversion Projects, managing local programmers as well as vendor programming efforts located out of town. Provided changes to CICS and COBOL changes for Customer Information System working with overseas support groups.
- Designed methods for producing dynamic customer communication with use of raw data elements and database tables to drive content, package vehicle and variable sets of insert choices
- Published testing guidelines, documenting techniques for setting up test scripts and test cases, initial test data load, recycling and verification options, all of which improved speed and quality of projects
- Developed and enhanced home-grown tools to help programmers and users improve speed in work and cut down on repetitive, mundane tasks. Examples, empty file checker, HTML Reports with Drill Down, record layout conversion between COBOL and SAS.
1999 - 1999 CONTRACTOR / SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Fileaid
- Completed last half of design work for Brokerage/401k option utilizing RPS
- Documented detail level programming specifications for the majority of programs in the system
- Mentored less advanced co-workers, both full-time employees and contractors from other companies
- Coded programs, unit tested and coordinated user acceptance testing for the system
Confidential, Kansas City, MO - Property and Casualty Insurance Data Provider
1998 - 1999 CONTRACTOR / SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: COBOL, Micro Focus COBOL, DB2, JCL, UNIX Scripting
- Mentored other analysts on TSO/ISPF skills so they could interface with specific client sites systems
- Learned Micro Focus COBOL workbench and UNIX Scripting in a compressed time frame
- Wrote programs and made modifications to extracts, transformations and loads to data warehouse
- Migrated code after testing in Windows environment over to UNIX/AIX system and made final system required changes before final tests and release to production
Confidential, Kansas City, MO - Confidential
1996 - 1998 CONTRACTOR / SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, DYL-280, Fileaid
- Hit the ground running as a contractor and quickly learned the Customer Service System and Anderson Workbench utilized by MGE which helped manage software elements and functions. Leveraged knowledge by assisting 8 new consultants saving the company time and resources.
- Built a sub-system to move late paying customers into a level pay plan modeling batch and online features scattered throughout the billing system. The resulting software helped save the company money by keeping customers from going directly into collections.
SPRINT, Overland Park, KS - Telecommunications Company focused on wireless long-distance services
1995 - 1996 CONTRACTOR / SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Fileaid
- Quickly learned Corporate Exchange Architecture System and complex technical structure details for online and batch.
- Assigned the most difficult debugging tasks and uncovered a memory leak error that had been unchecked for some time.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO - Mutual Fund Recordkeeping Company
1987 - 1995 SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Technical Tools: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Fileaid, Easytrieve
- Designed on-line screens, data base tables, created program specifications, user documentation, coded and tested programs.
- Significant level of learning technical elements of systems followed by year over year achievements made this a very positive environment and allowed me to learn and then share knowledge with others.
- BS degree - Mathematics/Information Technology from William Jewell College, Liberty, MO