Team Leader and Senior Software Developer with over 25 years experience managing,
designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a diverse set of business applications.
HARDWARE: HP-UNIX, NT, IBM-PC, IBM 370
Essbase, VBA, COBOL, MS-DOS, Sybase, Microsoft Office, Project Office,
CICS, ADABAS, VSAM, JCL, Novell
11/2008 - 10/2009 Director IT Recruitment
- Started an IT recruiting desk
- Designed \\ Maintained Recruiting Database for Applicants and Employers
07/2000 - 11/2008 Assistant Vice-president \\ Business Analyst \\ Applications DBA
- Worked closely with the P&C Division’s Business Community to gather requirements for business needs.
- Coordinate the development of business requirements with business teams and IT
- Train business community, Document changes, Develop test plans and cases for new or upgraded applications
- Supported the P&C Division’s Finance and Underwriting Applications using Oracle, HTML and Powercenter
- Support all SDLC methodologies
- Developed ETL processes for several major conversions
- Built and maintained data conversion spreadsheets
- Designed and Maintained Reconciliation processes for all ETL processes
- Maintained a variety of scripts within our ODS (Operational Data Store) processes
- Developed translate scripts for ETL processes
- Designed Plumtree WEB pages for Internal Swiss Re WEB site
- Designed, Maintained, Upgraded all Essbase Finance applications
- Responsible for all communications within Pepsi to coordinate Essbase changes to business community and within the IT community
- Member of Long Term Strategy team for OLAP development. Team consisted of Director level Business managers and IT Management
- Improved batch processes by eliminating PCDM scripts
- Implemented dynamic calculations. Dramatic improvements in Database sizes and calculations was realized
- Maintain and Upgrade all NT servers and Essbase Versions
- Developed\\Implemented procedures to upgrade all (25) Essbase servers for an NT upgrade
- Responsible for all Y2K compliance testing for all Essbase applications.
- Wrote and maintained all Y2K system documentation and communications to the Y2K Compliance team
03/1997 – 12/1997 Senior Programmer Analyst, Confidential,White Plains NY
- Analyze, Implement, Maintain all Print processes for startup Insurance company
- Company purchased software package to develop business quickly
- Member of team to Analyze software for purchase.
- Developed and Implemented all print requirements for both hardware and software needs
- Trained junior members in inner workings of package purchased.
- System utilized Visual basic, MicroFocus Cobol, Mainframe Cobol and SQL server
06/1990 – 03/1997 Senior Programmer Analyst, Confidential,White Plains NY
- Develop, Implement and maintain new OLAP \\ Essbase tools.
- Member of Integration team to implement the OLAP\\Essbase technologies at Seagram
- Developed procedures to extract and load data from mainframe to Essbase
- Developed ALL Esscmd and batch processes on NT
- Implement and maintain forecasting (Manugistics) and Sales Depletions system
11/1987 – 06/1990 Senior Consultant, Confidential,White Plains NY
- Worked for a variety of clients including IBM, Avon and Pepsi to develop and maintain a variety of applications.
- Development was primarily in COBOL\\CICS using ADABAS, DB2 and VSAM
12/1985 – 11/1987 Programmer Analyst, Confidential,Greenwich CT
- Maintained Financial and Distribution applications
06/1983 – 12/1985 Programmer, Confidential,Elmsford NY
- Maintained a variety of Collection applications