Software Development Manager April 2009 – Present
- Manage software development department comprised of 15 developers. Department has the sole responsibility for developing and maintaining proprietary insurance software supporting annual revenue in excess of $300 million per year.
- Technical architect and team lead for a multi-disciplinary group that created a business intelligence platform based on Microsoft Analysis Services. This platform has allowed management to quickly and accurately see executive-level presentation and visualization of data for medical bill processing, claims, underwriting, actuarial and financial information on a nearly real-time basis.
- Implemented migration from waterfall to agile development strategies which resulted in large increases in total development throughput.
- Executed roll-out of new information systems for tracking and communicating development priorities, statuses, and scheduling. Streamlining of IT portfolio management process reduced software development overhead by 25%.
- Direct the supervision of developers; responsible for staff development, departmental effectiveness, and quality of work.
- Perform short-term and strategic planning, scheduling, and resource allocation for staff.
- Led department in multi-year project to become I-SOX compliant (Israel version of SOX).
- Maintain productive and pleasant work environment for staff, which preserves long-term talent and has contributed to an average department tenure of 10+ years.
- Serve as liaison to CIO for executive-level governance of software development priorities.
- Successfully develop and maintain standardized procedures for software development, documentation, quality assurance and business continuity.
- Responsible for annual budget of over $500,000.
- Provide technical guidance and project management coaching to project leads.
- Perform hiring duties including recruiting and interviewing new candidates.
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews with staff; provide recommendations on merit increases and promotions.
Software Development Specialist March 2008 – April 2009
- Served as lead claims programmer for both workers\' compensation and property/casualty products.
- Consulted with claims management to design and develop expert system software to automate adjudication of medical bills. Achieved 15% reduction in adjuster workload company-wide.
- Collaborated with third party vendors to engineer proprietary and paperless B2B billing solutions for both medical and pharmacy bills.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of proprietary payment system for accounts payable and claims payable; the system currently processes approximately $90 million per year.
- Spearheaded project to design and implement custom reinsurance management software that streamlined and automated required reinsurance reporting.
- Led project team to develop workers\' compensation benefits calculator that conforms to jurisdictional laws from 26 states. Project resulted in immediate cost savings through a reduction in jurisdictional fines and fewer adjuster miscalculations.
Lead Programmer Analyst 2006 – 2008
Programmer II 2004 – 2006
Programmer I 2000 – 2006
Master of Business Administration, Management Information Systems
Applications: MS Business Intelligence Suite, Visual Studio 2008/2010, Delphi 2005, SQL Server & Analysis Server 2005/2008, Data warehousing, ETL, Analytics.