CERTIFICATE & SKILLS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CSOX Pro
- Member of New York State Society of CPA (2008 - present) and The Institute of Internal Auditors (2008 - present)
- Technically proficient in ACL, Access, SQL, MS Excel/Word and PowerPoint
- Master of Accountancy and Information Systems 3.58 GPA May 2005
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting 3.73 GPA (honored with Magna Cum Laude) May 2004
Senior Financial Auditor Confidential, New York April 2008 - March 2012
- Leading compliance test teams in completing SOX testing assignments on a quarterly basis, including sending documentation request prior to visit, reviewing team members' workpapers, and discussing control deficiencies with Division Financial Controllers and Accounting Managers in exit conferences.
- Independently completing Q1 through Q4 FY2011 SOX Management Testing and documented walkthroughs for Corporate Financial Services, Corporate Treasury and Corporate Reporting. Quarterly testing Financial Shared Services processes "Purchase and Pay", "Sales and A/R", Treasury processes "Cash Management", "Foreign Exchange Risk Management (Hedges)" "Investment" and "Record and Monitor Debt" and Corporate Reporting processes "Financial Statement Close", "Footnote Disclosure" and etc.
- Performing entity level controls including review of Oversight Controllers' financial analyses and IT General Control tests for system applications such as MAPICS, Syspro, SAP and Great Plains.
Financial Auditor Confidential, New York February 2007 - March 2008
- Performed walkthroughs and reviewed company narrative descriptions of controls and verified through the appropriate documentation that these controls are operating efficiently and in a timely manner
- Worked with Corporate and its US Tier 1 subsidiaries (12 sites) to keep them apprised of the status of their compliance and advise them on remedial action when they are not in compliance to make sure that all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls are in place and operating continuously
- Tested internal control of Corporate and its subsidiaries in conjunction with Corporate Governance requirements, including Pall Corporation's SOX 404 initiative, and prepared draft reports for Compliance Audit Manager review to evaluate obtained evidences to determine control deficiencies that must be communicated to Division General Managers, Division Financial Controllers, Oversight Controllers, and Audit Committee
Accountant Confidential, New York September 2005 - January 2007
- Examined all expenses coded against unrestricted and restricted funding streams, which includes ensuring: direct expenses tagged to grants/contracts are allowable under contract/grant provisions, consistent costing methodologies are used for allocated costs, and expenses tagged to match shares are correctly calculated across multiple government contracts
- Worked closely with the accounting, payroll, and development operations teams to review funded position salary allocations and alert appropriate managers to inconsistencies in codings and reporting
- Prepared the grant/contract budget to actual variance reports and funder financial status reports for management review
Accountant Assistant Confidential, Del E. Webb School of Construction April 2003 - May 2005
- Extracted financial documents for processing reviews, analyzed account reconciliations
- Compiled and processed a variety of specialized and recurring accounting-related requests and reports through the Electronic Advantage Systems
- Designed an Access database for human resource use
General Accountant Confidential, China, Guangzhou July 1999 - September 2000
- Processed travel reimbursements, prepared/posted journal entries to general ledger and performed bank reconciliations
- Generated financial reports and expenses budgets and submitted to Corporate Office.
- Filed corporate tax returns
- Reported month-end balance sheets and P & L to the Beijing headquarter office
- Performed financial analyses for outside auditors