- 7 years of experience in Information Technology specialized in Storage Area Network administration on Symmetrix and Clariion storage arrays.
- Hands on experience with EMC storage array configuration on Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-4, DMX-3, DMX-2 series and Clariion CX 300/500/700, CX-3, CX-4 storage arrays.
- Experience in performing storage provisioning on EMC Clariion and Symmetrix storage arrays.
- Experience in implementing Thin provisioning on EMC Clariion CX-4 and Symmetrix DMX-3/4 & VMAX storage arrays.
- Extensive experience in managing EMC storage arrays with tools included Solutions Enabler, SMC, Navisphere Manager, Unisphere and NaviCLI.
- Experience in handling Cisco MDS switches using Fabric/device manager and Brocade switches using Brocade Connectrix manager/web tools.
- Experience in using Cisco CLI to manage Cisco Fabric.
- Worked on EMC business continuity and Disaster Recovery tools TimeFinder, Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF), MirrorView and SnapView.
- Expertise in Open Replication technique to transfer bulk data over fiber cable.
- Worked on Replication Manager to automate the data Replication on EMC storage arrays.
- Implemented array based data migration using Open Replicator from Symmetrix DMX to VMAX and Clariion to VMAX storage array.
- Worked on SAN Copy to migrate data from and to Clariion storage arrays.
- Experience in working on host based migration tools like PowerPath Migration Enabler (PPME) and Open Migrator.
- Experience with Switch Migration and Fabric consolidation on Brocade and Cisco SAN switches.
- Used Navisphere Analyzer and Symmetrix Performance Analyzer to analyze the performance of Clariion and Symmetrix storage arrays, respectively.
- Experience in configuration of hosts with Emulex, QLogic HBAs and Multipath software.
- Added Capacity to VMAX and Implemented FAST and FAST VP.
- Implemented Storage VMotion for migrating virtual machines.
- Provided 24x7 support for all SAN related issues.
- Experienced in troubleshooting fiber channel connectivity problems and array related problems.
EMC Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-3, DMX 3000, DMX 1000, Clariion CX3-40, CX3-80, CX4-480, CX 300/500/700, VNX 5500, Brocade DCX, Brocade 48000, Brocade 4900/4100, CISCO MDS 9513, MDS 9506, CISCO 9134/9124/9216, Emulex LPSe12002, LPe12002, LPe11002, LP11002 and QLogic QLE2462-E-SP, QLA2462-E-SP HBAs.
Solutions Enabler, Symmetrix Management Console, Unisphere, Navisphere Manager, Brocade Connectrix Manager, Brocade Web Tools, Cisco Fabric Manager, Cisco Device Manager,MirrorView/Synchronous/Asynchronous,SnapView,SRDF/Synchronous/Asynchronous, TimeFinder, Replication Manger, EMC Control Center, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, Storage Scope, SAN Copy, Open Migrator, Open Replicator, PowerPath Migration Enabler (PPME), Navisphere Analyzer, NaviAgent, PowerPath.
Windows 2000/2003/2008, SUN Solaris 8/9/10, AIX 4.3/5.x, VMware 3.5/4.1, HP-UX 11.x, Red hat Linux 4.0, 5.0, 5.x.
- EMC Information Storage Associate
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL Feb 2012 to April 2012
Sr. Implementation Specialist
- Responsible for administration of storage environment consists of VMAX, DMX-3, DMX-800, VNX 7500, Clariion CX4-240, CX4-480, Cisco 9506 and Brocade 48000 directors.
- Allocated storage to multiple hosts from DMX-3 and VNX 7500 using Solutions Enabler and Unisphere.
- Created initiator groups, port groups, storage groups and Masking view to assign storage from Symmetrix VMAX.
- Worked on Cisco 9513 director class switches using Cisco CLI and Fabric manger.
- Managed Brocade Fabric using the management tool Connectrix Manager
- Reclaimed storage from different servers connected to DMX-3 using Solutions Enabler.
- Identified the servers connected to DMX-800 arrays to migrate them to new VMAX array as a part of pre-migration task.
- Generated HEAT reports by uploading EMC GRABS to analyze the hosts connected to DMX-800 and DMX-3 arrays.
- Migrated data from DMX-800 and DMX-3 arrays to Symmetrix VMAX using Open Replicator Hot Pull sessions.
- Implemented Disaster recovery solution SRDF/A on Symmetrix VMAX.
- Automated the processes of TimeFinder clone and snap using Replication Manager.
- Installed Replication Manger Agent software, solutions enabler on the production and reporting servers for Automating the TimeFinder clone process.
- Implemented FAST-VP on VMAX to improve the performance of most critical applications.
- Analyzed Clariion storage arrays using Analyzer and identified bottlenecks.
- Worked on Clariion-Host connectivity issues in the environment.
- Implemented best practices for the existing environment.
- Identified hosts with single path connection to Clariion storage arrays and provided additional paths accordingly.
- Used ECC Storage scope to generate reports on storage usage.
- Identified the storage masked to servers which got retired and cleared them from the masking database.
- Generated SP diagnostic files and collected NAR files for troubleshooting purpose.
- Performed knowledge transfer on Symmetrix Performance Analyzer.
Environment: Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-3, DMX-800, CX-700, CX4-240, CX4-480, VNX 7500, Cisco MDS 9506, Cisco MDS 9513, Brocade 48000, Navisphere Manager, Unisphere, Solutions Enabler, ECC, Symmetrix Management Console, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, Fabric Manager, Connetrix Manager, SRDF/A, vSphere, Windows 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, VMware ESX 4.1/3.5, AIX.
Confidential, Tampa, FL July 11 to Jan 2012
Sr. Implementation Specialist
- Storage administration of the storage environment consists of Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-4, VNX 5500, Clariion CX3-80 and Cisco MDS directors.
- Analyzed the environment and identified the bottlenecks.
- Recommended the best practices and standards to the upper management.
- Documented all aspects of projects procedures and methodologies.
- Recommended the processes needed to be changed to meet the industry standards.
- Used ECC performance Manager and Symmetrix Performance Analyzer to analyze the environment consisting of multiple Symmetrix DMX-4.
- Migrated ESXi servers from over utilized arrays to underutilized array to increase the performance.
- Assigned storage to VMware ESXi cluster servers from Symmetrix VMAX by creating Masking View and associating Initiator groups, port groups and storage groups to it.
- Used Storage VMotion to migrate Virtual Machines from one data store to other.
- Implemented Thin provisioning on Symmetrix DMX-4 by creating TDEVs, adding TDATs to thin pool and binding TDEVs to thin pool using Solutions Enabler.
- Provisioned storage from VNX 5500 using Unisphere.
- Reclaimed storage from ESXi servers after migrated to underutilized arrays.
- Generated EMC HEAT Reports by uploading EMC GRABS to check the compatibility of the hosts prior to the Migration.
- Implemented SRDF migration to migrate several windows and UNIX physical servers from one Symmetrix DMX-4 to other.
- Configured and Implemented TimeFinder/Clone and assigned clone copy to test severs.
- Worked on Replication Manager to automate the data Replication on EMC storage arrays.
- Performed zoning on Cisco switch fabric using Cisco CLI and Fabric manager.
- Involved in the Cisco Fabric code upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.7.
- Created reports on storage usage, performance and operational status using ECC Storage Scope and ECC Performance manager.
- Installed the Solutions Enabler and Symmetrix Management server software's on the new management servers.
- Enabled Symm authorization on all the Symmetrix and added users.
- Configured alerts on ECC and SPA and setup email notifications to group for monitoring purposes.
- Provided 24x7 on call support for all SAN related issues.
Environment: Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-4, CX3-80, CX4-240, VNX 5500, Cisco MDS 9513, Navisphere Manager, Unisphere, Solutions Enabler, ECC, Symmetrix Management Console, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, Fabric Manager, SRDF/A, TimeFinder, Replication Manager , vSphere, Windows 2003/2008, UNIX, VMware ESX 4.1.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO Oct 09 to June 11
SAN and Storage Engineer
- Administration of storage environment consisting of VMAX, Clariion CX4-480 connected to Windows, SUN Solaris and AIX servers via Brocade DCX directors.
- Performed storage allocation from Symmetrix VMAX to AIX, Windows and VMware ESX servers using Solutions Enabler and Symmetrix Management Console (SMC).
- Created initiator group, port group and storage group as a part of storage allocation from Symmetrix VMAX.
- Created Masking View and associated initiator group, port group and storage group to it.
- Created Meta devices, mapped and masked devices to servers using SYMCLI and SMC.
- Implemented Thin provisioning on Symmetrix VMAX by creating TDEVs, adding TDATs to thin pool and binding TDEVs to thin pool using Solutions Enabler.
- Added TDATs to the thin pool upon reaching the threshold level write balanced the data.
- Performed data draining when removing data device from pool.
- Used Navisphere Manager and Unisphere to create Raid groups, Storage groups, MetaLUNs and LUNs and assigned LUNs to hosts.
- Configured zoning on Brocade director class switches using Brocade Connectrix Manager and Brocade Web Tools.
- Configured ISL's between core and edge switches.
- Configured SRDF/S between two VMAX's to setup replication.
- Created device groups to manage SRDF/S sessions.
- Implemented MirrorView/A between two Clariion CX4-480 storage arrays in order to provide disaster recovery solution.
- Performed storage migration from DMX-3 to VMAX and CX3-40 to VMAX storage array using Open Replicator Hot Pull sessions.
- Migrated data from Clariion CX-700 to CX4-480 using array based software SAN Copy.
- Implemented FAST VP when performing virtual provisioning on Symmetrix VMAX.
- Used Symmetrix Performance Analyzer to monitor performance and capacity of Symmetrix storage arrays.
- Used EMC Control Center (ECC) to manage storage arrays and created reports using Storage Scope for management purposes.
- Documented all SAN related components and issues.
- Troubleshooting routine issues like host not seeing storage, single path failures and performance based issues.
Environment: Symmetrix VMAX, DMX-3, Clariion CX4-480, CX3-40, CX 700, Brocade DCX, Brocade 4900, Navisphere Manager, Unisphere, Solutions Enabler, Symmetrix Management Console, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, Brocade Connectrix Manager, Brocade Web Tools, SRDF/A, MirrorView, Open Replicator, SAN Copy, Windows 2003/2008, AIX 6.1, VMware ESX 3.5/4.0.
Confidential, CA Mar 08 to Sep 09
SAN and Storage Administrator
- Provisioned storage to Windows, VMware ESX and Sun Solaris servers from Symmetrix DMX-4, DMX-3 storage arrays using Solutions Enabler and Symmetrix Management Console.
- Managed storage allocation for Clariion CX3-80 storage array using Navisphere Manager.
- Performed thin provisioning for Symmetrix DMX-4 storage array by creating TDEVs, adding TDATs to thin pool and binding TDEVs to thin pool.
- Created devices. Meta devices allocated them to hosts using Solutions Enabler.
- Used Navisphere Manager to create Raid groups, Storage groups, Meta LUNs, LUNs and assigned LUNs to the hosts.
- Created alias, zones and added them to active zone set on Cisco fabric using Fabric Manager and Device Manager.
- Zoned new HBAs whenever there is a failure in the HBAs of a particular host using Fabric Manager.
- Implemented SRDF/S replication between two Symmetrix DMX-4 storage arrays.
- Exported device groups and imported device groups on the stand by Solutions Enabler server.
- Worked on disaster recovery solution using MirrorView/S on EMC Clariion.
- Configured TimeFinder clone and BCV by using Solution Enabler.
- Implemented data migration from Clariion CX 500 to DMX-4 using Open Replicator during Clariion retirement.
- Performed storage migration from Symmetrix DMX 1000 to DMX-4 storage array using host based software PPME.
- Migrated data from CX 500 to CX3-80 using host based migration Open Migrator.
- Created reports using StorageScope and divided storage evenly among the FA ports on various Symmetrix DMX.
- Pull SP collects of storage processor of a Clariion using Navisphere Manager
- Analyzing the performance of Symmetrix using Symmetrix Performance Analyzer.
- Supported critical production environments on 24x7 basis.
- Documented the technical specifications for the project handled.
- Troubleshooting issues like path issues or host unable to access the storage.
Environment: Symmetrix DMX-4, DMX-3, DMX 1000, Clariion CX3-80, CX 500, CISCO MDS 9513, CISCO 9124/9134 Navisphere Manager, Solutions Enabler, SMC, Symmetrix Performance Analyzer, Cisco Fabric manager, Cisco Device Manger, SRDF/S, MirrorView, TimeFinder, PowerPath Migration Enabler (PPME), Open Replicator, Open Migrator, Windows 2000/2003, Solaris 8/9, Linux 4.x, 5.x and VMware ESX 3.5.
Confidential, Miami, FL Jun 07 to Feb 08
- Managed a medium capacity storage infrastructure comprised of Symmetrix DMX 1000, DMX 3000, Clariion CX 700 storage arrays using Solutions Enabler, SMC and Navisphere Manager.
- Allocated storage to HP-UX servers from Symmetrix DMX 1000, DMX 3000 using solutions Enabler.
- Provisioned storage from Clariion storage arrays using Navisphere Manager.
- Allocation/Reclamation of storage from CX700 storage for Windows and Linux servers using Navisphere Manager.
- Used Navisphere Manager to create Raid groups, Storage groups, LUNs and MetaLUNs and assigned LUNs to Windows/Solaris/Linux hosts.
- Performed zoning on Cisco director class switches using Fabric/Device Manager.
- Configured MirrorView/S on Clariion storage arrays to replicate data between two sites.
- Involved in implementation of data recovery solution using SRDF/A for mission critical applications.
- Configured point-in-time clone/snapshot copies of production data and provisioned them to backup hosts using SnapView local storage replication solution.
- Managed Business continuity solutions using SnapView clone/Snapshot, MirrorView on Clariion storage arrays.
- Part of a team which performed data migration from Clariion CX 300 to CX 700 using SAN Copy.
- Involved in the migration of data from Symmetrix 8830 to DMX 3000 using Open Replicator.
- Actively involved in migration of data from IBM storage array to DMX 3000 using Open Replicator.
- Analyzed and improved performance of Clariion CX700 storage array with the help of Navisphere Analyzer.
- Assisted in troubleshooting fiber channel connectivity problems and array related problems.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support for SAN environment.
Environment: Symmetrix DMX 1000, DMX 3000, Clariion CX 700, CX 300, CISCO MDS 9506, CISCO 9216, Solutions Enabler, SMC, Navisphere Manager, CISCO Fabric Manager/Device Manager, SRDF/A, MirrorView, SnapView, SAN Copy, PowerPath, Windows 2000/XP, Linux, HP-UX.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA Aug 06 to May 07
- Provisioned storage from Clariion CX3-80, CX 700 to HP-UX hosts using Navisphere Manager.
- Created Raid groups, bind LUNs and created storage groups using Navisphere Manager.
- Used Meta LUN expansion and provided additional LUNs in order to provide additional storage to hosts.
- Reclaimed storage from lease ended servers and retired servers.
- Involved in the process of zoning on Brocade switch fabric using Brocade Connectrix Manager and Web Tools.
- Part of a team which implemented disaster recovery solution for Clariion storage arrays using MirrorView/S.
- Configured SnapView clones and snapshots on Clariion storage arrays and provisioned them for backup and testing servers.
- Involved in the migration of data from Clariion CX 300 to CX3-80 using Open Migrator.
- Migrated LUNs from one Raid group to another to overcome the performance issues with I/O's.
- Part of team which performed switch migration from Brocade 1200 to Brocade 4800.
- Monitored events and SNMP traps using Event Monitor by setting up dial-home to EMC support center.
- Performed installation of PowerPath and NaviAgent on Windows and Solaris servers.
- Configured failover/load balancing using EMC PowerPath on host side.
- Provided production/ test support for the storage allocation, troubleshooting, monitoring and report on the SAN environment.
- Documented technical specs for the project handled
Environment: Clariion CX3-80, CX700, CX300, Brocade 48K, Brocade 4100, Navisphere Manager, Brocade Connectrix Manager, Web Tools, MirrorView, SnapView, Open Migrator, PowerPath, NaviAgent, Windows, Linux, HP-UX.
Confidential, India Jul 04 to Jun 06
- Installed, configured and maintained Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Participated in network planning, design, development and modification.
- Involved in upgrading and managed servers, PC's and network.
- Configured Emulex and QLogic HBAs, installed PowerPath for Windows hosts.
- Part of a storage team which worked on Clariion storage arrays using Navisphere Manager.
- Created Raid groups, LUNs and Storage groups as a part of storage allocation.
- Involved in monitoring system security, network traffic, network connections, maintaining the
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to printers, e-mail, internet connections, operating system and hardware.
- Used remote desktop support for troubleshooting few tasks.
- Created and maintained user accounts and groups with multi-level security.
- Performed system backups and restores.
- Troubleshooting desktop software for Microsoft operating systems.
- Applied operating system updates and configuration changes.
- Documentation of procedures for the day to day tasks performed.
- Performed day to day backup operations on Windows and Solaris servers.
Environment: Clariion CX 600, CX 400, Navisphere Manager, Windows 2000/2003, Solaris 2.8/2.7, 2.6, Linux, PowerPath, Emulex and QLogic HBAs.