To achieve a challenging position in Software Testing and Quality Management in a result-oriented company, where acquired skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement.
Master of Science in Software Engineering.
Black box testing, functional testing, integration testing, system testing, sanity testing, regression testing, performance testing, usability testing, ad-hoc testing, UAT, alpha testing [conducted manually and automation scripts used for regression test suites].
Load Runner, Silk Test, Win Runner, JIRA, Bugzilla, JIRA [bug reporting tool], Eclipse, Netbeans[IDE].
Windows 98/2000/XP, MS-DOS, Linux.
JAVA/J2EE,JSP,Servlets, EJB , SOAP,XML,JDBC,JMS
Configuration Management Tool
Visual Source Safe 6.0
Web application, client-server, and network.
- Planning, designing and executing Test documents.
- Performing testing at different levels of development life cycle.
- Managing and analyzing defects[bug life cycle]
- Experience in working with system administrators and NOC engineers to configure, troubleshoot, and deploy to QA and production environments.
- Owned key server systems: worked with developers to design with testability in mind, led the testing effort for that server, worked with systems administrators to deploy new code into production, devised ways to monitor and measure production servers, troubleshoot-ed time-critical production issues.
- Experience developing test automation frameworks using open source tools or scripting languages.
- Experience in designing and executing load tests, analyzing data and presenting results.
- Providing and meeting time estimates for assigned deliverables.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to ensure a successful, high quality release.
- Motivated by continuous learning and development, dedicated to building superior product.
- CSTP L1 Certification from IIST-CSTP
- Certified L1 silk test Professional
Confidential,Okhla, India. (July’06– Sep’07)
- Project: TBDL (Technology based Distance Learning)
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Understanding product, business and functional requirements.
- Performed GUI, Functional Testing, Configuration and Compatibility testing and backend testing.
- Defect Analysis and Management through the complete bug life cycle
- Build and Deployment in LINUX environment.
- Release Management including handling weekly course launches, monthly assessments and feedbacks.
- Alpha testing and pilot testing.
- ISA proxy server testing.
Role: Software Test Engineer
- Analysis of software requirements and design documents.
- Develop and implement automated and manual test cases, test plans, and test specifications.
- Writing and executing test scripts for regression tests.
- Monitoring and reporting the application behavior in the testing, integration and acceptance environment.
- Reporting defects and following up with corrective and preventive action with the development team.
- Design, develop and run load & performance tests. Analyze data and present results to stakeholders.
Confidential,Noida, India. (June’04-June‘06)
- Project: ABE books Home Inventory System
Role: Software Engineer
- Designing, executing Test documents.
- Testing Levels(GUI ,Functional and Regression Testing)
- Reporting bugs and analyzing defects.
- Master’s Project
- Designed NTO or the Network Traffic Orchestrator, which identifies the network utilization on each virtual machine on the ESX server, along with the other resources such as, the CPU and memory for the user. This information can be used to overcome the network traffic congestion. The project was done in a team of three, using the JAVA/J2EE technologies, Hibernate and VMware technologies such as the VI SDK and the ESX server. Also, Web Services were used to allow the application to communicate the virtual machine status to any Network Management Software.
- Designed an asynchronous three tier application implemented in Java, JMS and mysql in a team of three.
- Designed an enterprise application utilizing XML, EJB and JPA and messaging (JMS, Message-driven Beans) to generate a set KML files as output for Google Earth application, in a team of three.