Confidential New York, NY
MBA Finance, GMAT Score: 750 (98th Percentile)
Dean’s list; Tutor (MBA): Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Statistics.
Certifications/Exams: CFA Level 2 candidate, Actuary Level 1, series 7
Database/Tools: Bloomberg, SNL Financial, Excel, VBA, Access, SQL, C++, SAS, Mathlab.
MS, Computer Science
Awarded graduate teaching assistantship, taught Computer Hardware and Processors to undergraduates.
CR State College of Engineering Murthal, India
BS, Electronics & Communication Engineering Aug 1996 (Top 5% of the class)
Equity Research Associate (EQ Investment Advisor, Hedge fund) New York , NY
- Prepared valuation models for MLP, Utility and Energy firms.
- Prepared model for valuing the carbon credits based on different energy bills in congress.
- Developed database for the energy generators in US and further used it to estimate the average life of
power plants and the capital expenditures for energy firms.
- Developed a tool for deriving power supply curve on the basis of carbon, gas and coal
prices. This tool is further used in the valuations of utility firms. The tool is built using VBA, Access and Excel.
- Read & analyzed the Hedge fund /private equity/venture fund offers. Analyze investment opportunities according to the CIO’s priority matrix and researched to identify appropriate investment managers/funds for clients.
- Presented the cases for the investment managers identified to CIO and after approval sent RFP and monitored the process of the investment managers\' responses
- Analyzed the investment managers\' resulting proposals and conducted manager interviews
Financial Analyst part time Finance Intern Confidential
- Prepared financial models for social network and e-commerce startup. Advised the CEO with strategic
decisions. Prepared comprehensive comp analysis using CapitalIQ, Factset databases.
- Developed analyses to identify business and competitor trends.
- Analyzed the impact of debt and equity financing on capital and ownership structures.
- Developed complex excel based financial models, incorporating Solver and Monte Carlo simulation.
Confidential Keene, NH
Team Leader (Application development).
- Led a team of five engineers and collaborated with multiple departments within ES3 and Heinz to
integrate the largest Heinz’s factory-attached warehouse (shipping 1500 trucks/month) with ES3
- Represented ES3 in meetings with the management of Unilever& Heinz. Conceptualized and
implemented plan that resulted in improved truck utilization, generating savings of $2M/year
- Part of team doing pre-acquisition cost benefit analysis for potential warehouses. Analyses
included operational, geographical and ROI methods
- Conceptualized and implemented plan to cut down the distance travelled by warehouse lift operators
by 35%, resulting in labor savings of more than $1M/year
Confidential Chicago, IL
Senior Associate (Financial Services & Research Group)
- Conducted research on technology firms and came up with valuation models.
- Represented StarFn in discussions with middle-eastern company, iHilal. Developed Sharia’h compliant
financial products for their customers. IHilal signed up deal worth $ 1 M/year
- Part of cross functional team to re-invent the company. Performed ROI calculations on several new
business ideas. Conducted detailed business analysis, including market size, ROI analysis on small
business 401k plan. Led team to develop portal for 401k website for small businesses
Consultant New York, NY
- Consulted Kohls and Saks Fifth Avenue for increasing revenues through Channel integration and promotions. Performed data mining to determine appropriate cross-sell items, resulting in increase of revenues by 10%
- Led and managed Blue Martini Software financial initiative. Worked with salespeople to understand needs of financial clients. Developed and led a pilot project for financial industry
- Consulted UBS O’Connor regarding their need for financial reporting using Geneva systems
- Developed comparison matrix for different software products according to functionality and cost.Used matrix to advice clients on choice of software
- Served on Finance Committee for the West New Hampshire Red Cross. Passed Actuary exam.
- Ranked in top 50 out of more than 200,000, who played CNBC Portfolio Challenge–“Win a Maserati”
- US Permanent Resident; Fluent in Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sanskrit
- Authored own trading software, which singles out 100 top stocks following a differentiated trading strategy and also indicates a buy/sell point, using Oracle/sql. Expert in Excel Micros/VBA, C++,Java.
- Interests: Trekking, trekked to source of Ganges river in Himalayas, Reading wall street journal