Objective: To join a progressive organization for career advancement in the healthcare industry.
- Microsoft Certification 8\\99 – 2\\01
- CPR Certified 3\\04 – 9\\04
- AED Certified
- General Studies 8/05 – 5/06
- Nursing 8/06 – 5/07
- Billing and Coding Diploma 1/07
- Windows \\98\\99\\2002
- Microsoft Word Windows\\NT
- WordPerfect 7
- Microsoft Excel
- Graphic Freelance
- Internet\\Intranet Access
- Corporate Express
- National Oncology PET Registry
- NPI Registry
- Chemo/Radiation Education
Confidential Medical Office Assistant III†
5/2010 – Present†
Performs a series of clerical/secretarial/administrative office support functions in a medical setting/office. May be a secretary for one or more physicians, medical of professional staff.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors to the office. Determines the need(s) of the caller/visitors and addresses them accordingly, providing information per department/Hospital policy. May make call for physicians and/or staff including in refill prescriptions (with authorization /approval) to a pharmacy.
- Schedules appointments for patients including coordinating appointments with other medical offices and for tests, including pre-admissions testing. Confirms appointment. Gives medical instruction to patients, explains uncoming procedures/test, and/or answer questions. Maintains a calendar for a physician, staff and/or department including patient’s appointments.
- Enters physician charges into the billing system. Review codes to ensure proper billing. Correct errors or return forms to medical staff for completion/correction. Responds to questions regarding bills from patients, referring physicians, office staff, and insurance companies.
- Update the NOPR website with patients that qualify for the assistance, to insure them of getting a needed
Bed Management Rep.†
Washington DC 8/2008- 5/2010†
Perform a series of positions that are involved in the placement of patients at WHC. A Bed Management Representative receives and processes requests for patient bed assignment. Receives complaints and addresses any issue that patient and/or families may have with the bed assignments and/or any hospital related issues to insure an exceptional service here at the hospital.
- Receives, processes, and expedites requests for Hospital bed assignments from the admission department.
- Receives, processes, coordinates, and expedites requests for Hospital bed/unit transfers. Works with new unit to ensure patient room is ready/available. Coordinates bed assignments with Nursing Managers and DES.
- Ensures all needed demographic and insurance information prior to bed assignment is in the system.
- Updates all applicable systems/logs when beds are assigned. Maintain records of patient s registered each shift and an accurate account of the Hospital census. Prepare and prints, activity sheets, census, etc. as required/requested.
- Address any complaints that are reported and address them accordingly.
Confidential Medical Office Assistant II 12/06-8/2008†
Perform various administrative duties that ensure the IV Therapist a timely response time to each patient that needs the services that my department provides. My duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Record keeping of each patient that receives services throws the department.
- Filling necessary paper work into filing folder in the appropriate month and category
- Billing each patient for the different services that they are provide with
- Ordering the supplies that make necessary for the nurse to provide the different services that they are required to have
- Receiving of telephone orders that doctors or nurse make to have an IV Therapist assist or provide services to a patient
- Scheduling the placement of PICC that are order as a STAT procedure, because of the great importance of patient survival
- Maintaining and making sure that the different paperwork that must be filled out is stocked and available at all time
Confidential Unit Secretary 1/06 – 12/06†
Performs a variety of clerical support and secretarial duties for a nursing unit. Ensure the timely, efficient and organized flow of operations for the assigned nursing station/area.
- Greet patients, visitors and \\or physicians and provides appropriate assistances.
- Answering incoming calls to the unit, including STATS, relaying information, as appropriate. Responds to or relay patient call bell request.
- Transcribes physician orders directly to the nursing and\\or medication kardex. Recopying the kardexes as needed.
- Initiates and completes clerical function regarding the admission, discharges and transfer of patients.
- Maintains daily census\\nursing assignment boards. Posts and update monthly assignment board for physician and residents
- Enter/updates physician orders and any unit charges in to the computer, Chart patient vital signs, temperature, pulse, and respiration on appropriate forms
Confidential Bus Attendant 6/00 – 12/05†
Provide administrative support in the day-to-day operation of the Department Of Transportation to staff, which included high level official. The administrative duties required excellent computer skills and knowledge of a wide range of office machines. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Measured incoming and outgoing calls to the building and office managers
- Typed a variety of memo’s and letters from hand written drafts using MS Word and WordPerfect
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Xeroxed a wide range of materials such as flyers and booklets for special projects
- Oversees and filled the requested supplies need for the office
- Ran errands