Extensive experience working in research laboratories in the Pharmaceutical industry. Thorough understanding of GMP and GLP practices. Ability to act decisively under pressure while supporting multiple initiatives. Core Competencies:
Lab Samples – Worked with data, information and preparation of samples to support scientific investigations.
Inventory Control –Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
Instrument Calibration –Maintaining laboratory equipment, collecting samples and performing scientific testing.
Lab Surveys and Audits –Recording and interpreting results to present to senior colleagues.EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Rahway, NJ
Supported authorized radioactive material laboratories by performing laboratory contamination surveys, entering data into database and following up in accordance with standard procedures and schedules. Performed detailed radiation safety audits and reviews of radioactive material operations in laboratories to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies.
- Performed decommissioning surveys of facilities that no longer required the use of radioactive material.
- Provided support to the thyroid monitoring program by tracking I125 users that might need thyroid scans and by monitoring iodination hood air effluents and analyzing the subsequent I125 effluent data.
- Supported In-vivo programs by preparing and analyzing radioactive animal samples using Oximate instrument.
- Responded to regular and after hour site emergencies involving radioactive material, providing recommendations/guidance, surveys, remediation and follow up.
- Ensured that all incoming packages containing radioactive material were processed in accordance with the NRC requirements and departmental procedures.
- Ensured all Department of Transportation regulations, IATA regulations and departmental shipping procedures are met.
- Performed wipe test and meter surveys on “orphan” equipment and other items so that they could be released as free of radiation contamination.
- Performed calibration of portable and fixed monitoring instruments and documented the resulting calibration information in the corporate database.
Confidential, Nutley, NJ
Senior Laboratory Technician
Major responsibilities included:
- Low level radioactive waste management
- Area, instrument, and personnel radioactive contamination surveys.
- Air, liquid, and solid sample collection, preparation, and analysis.
- Radioactive material receiving, shipping, inventory record maintenance, and user records (use and exposure) maintenance.
- Spill response
- Sampling and analysis instrument calibration
- Sealed Source leak testing
Provided radiation safety supervisory support and assisted in the decommissioning of a radioactive production facility in California. Performed swipe, soil, and urine sampling and analysis. Verified and documented demolition and decontamination activities performed by outside contractors during decommissioning. Assisted in establishing the off-site radioactive labs for diagnostic subsidiaries to meet regulatory requirements for radioactive use.
- Decommissioned site incinerator, Institute of Molecular Biology, and several other buildings where radioactive materials were used. Removed and disposed of radioactive materials and performed close out surveys to verify absence of any radioactive contamination.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Confidential, Montclair NJ; BS degree in Food Nutrition
Confidential, Bloomfield, NJ
Confidential, New Jersey Chapter
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)