TECHNICAL MANAGER : offering a high level of expertise in the following areas:
Network Set-up/Administration System Upgrades/Conversions
Security Administration Disaster Recovery Planning
Project Management End User Support/Training
Outdated Asset Disposal E-mail setup and administration
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering Technology
Confidential,Houston, TX – Cancer Centers of Florida, Orlando, FL June 2005 to Present
Information Services Manager
- Network and computer management for more than 125 users at 7 Centers; including network trouble shooting, hardware and software installations and upgrades, user setups and removals, MS Exchange user setup and maintenance, major equipment purchases and end user training.
- Oversee all aspects of voice communications; including analog and IP phones systems, Blackberry’s, PDA’s, iPhones, iPads and cell phones.
- Serve as HIPAA Security Officer by helping company follow and maintain HIPAA compliance policies.
- Managed all IT requirements for new site installations and closures of existing sites including data lines, network cabling, voice systems, hardware and peripheral setup or removal, setup major equipment leases and made sure all deadlines were met.
- Currently functioning as Purchasing Agent for entire practice. Saved the company money by switching many accounts to more cost saving vendors.
- Clean up and disposal of outdated hardware.
- Provided expertise in choosing new software packages.
- Supported many applications including Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, MS Exchange, MS Office 2003, MS Office 2007, various anti-virus software, imaging software and proprietary medical related programs.
- Assisted and supported end users both locally and with remote access programs.
- Upgraded systems and hardware, and coordinated technical part of conversion to an EMR system.
Confidential,FL – Christie Lites, Inc., Orlando, FL March 2005 to May 2005PC & Network Engineer
- Performed PC and network trouble shooting for 6 national and international sites through a Citrix environment.
- Created a PC identification scheme and database for the tracking of computers and servers.
- Properly configured existing virus scanning software on all computers and servers to clean existing viruses, protect against new infections and send notifications to the network administrator.
Confidential,Binghamton, NY 1980 to August 2004Technical Services Manager/Network Administrator
- Managed installations, conversions, repairs, upgrades and computer equipment relocations for 24 bank branches comprised of 700 end users.
- Supervised and delegated assignments to technicians; provided training and ongoing coaching; conducted performance evaluations.
- Installed and supported Windows ’95, 2000, NT and XP workstations, Novell 4.1, Windows NT, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Terminal Servers, LAN and WAN platforms including Ethernet and Token Ring systems; also supported various financial industry software.
- Coordinated network security, virus protection and end user set up and access.
- As lead member and troubleshooter of ATM response team, provided technical expertise in detecting system failures; also assumed on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Maintained knowledge of technological innovations; planned hardware and software procurement to maximize system operations; sourced new vendors, and negotiated purchase contracts.
- Conducted ongoing system evaluations; determined need for upgrades, replacement or repairs.
- Administered network system coordinating the communications between the branch Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and servers.
- Upgraded Noteworks electronic mail system to Microsoft Outlook.
- Converted and upgraded newly acquired branch’s ATMs, servers and workstations to BSB’s system; provided end user support.
- Tested and prepared bank wide systems for Y2K readiness.
- Performed system installations: worked with Cisco routers, network cabling and communications.
- Conducted installations, troubleshooting and repairs of PCs, peripherals and network systems.
- Supported the bank wide upgrade to Novell 4.1 and Windows ‘95.
- Tracked and maintained a database of bank-wide hardware and software.
- Managed computer operations as the only nighttime operator; processed daily work, performed system backups, monitored communications and distributed reports.