SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Accomplished IT Professional Expert as a Senior Information Specialist experienced in both on-line and batch mainframe system software development and support. Extensive technical knowledge creating and maintaining system applications, combined with outstanding problem solving skills in a number of industries to include automotive, banking, telecommunications, and Health Care. Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies. Excellent organizational skills and capacity to build strong relationships with both peers and clients.
COBOL · PL1 · Pacbase · JCL (Job Control Language) · CICS · IMS · SQL(DB2) · ALC · Syncsort · MQSeries · Intertest · JAVA · Easytrieve · Focus · DbaseIV · MVS TSO/ISPF · Abend/Problem Resolution · Technical Writing · GSMS · Microsoft Office and Outlook · System Testing · Fluent in German
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO 1990 – 2009
Information Specialist (2007-2009) Confidential,
- Developed and maintained Pacbase COBOL automated process to capture all on-line subscriber membership system healthcare activity (to include information for up to 12 million subscribers) on 10 IMS screens to use as a log for comparing like activity in MetaVance Software product. Designed, coded and performed detailed testing of all changes and implemented successfully with zero defects. Client feedback to direct manager was overwhelmingly positive.
- Handled many system enhancements to include designing, coding and testing of vendor history conversion
process to extract all valid membership history, and provide it to vendor in a daily step file approach, which allowed client to process subscriber history in a chronological fashion from oldest to latest. Business owners expressed appreciation and approval on outstanding quality of work done.
- Gained valuable experience as a Business Analyst assisting customer in defining and writing system scope and requirements to meet client’s business needs.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing for newly developed software, in addition to designing user window layouts for MetaVance screens and membership enrollment report definition design documents, which are currently being used by system users.
- Analyzed, designed, coded and tested healthcare applications, ranging from batch Pacbase COBOL/JCL reporting projects to MQ Series and on-line IMS RTMS screen additions/modifications.
- Gained expertise using Intertest tool for debugging on-line errors, which reduced abend resolution time by up to 50%.
- Completed majority of projects in significantly less time than originally estimated, resulting in cost savings for the client.
- Received exceptional feedback consistently on Peer Performance Reviews.
Information Analyst (1999-2000) Confidential, Constructed COBOL programs and corresponding command procedures on the VAX to correct rejected records coming back from a vendor clearinghouse. Repaired 100% of all rejected records and sent back to vendor via FTP to be reissued.
- Led team of 3 on project tasked with creating and testing batch command procedures on the VAX in DCL language. Coded all logic in the procedures to ensure NDM files were being received and fully transferred. Improved existing system by fully automating the procedures that were being run manually.
- Removed all interactive processing from procedures originally run from menus, resulting in need for fewer resources, which in turn was significant cost savings to the client.
- Handled on-site recruiting event which entailed presenting a detailed overview of EDS Corporation to over 50 prospective employers and conducting interviews to determine those to be hired.
- Assembled and led all on-site training of over 15 Information Analysts in preparation for SED (System Engineer Development ) Program and graduation thereof.
Information Analyst (1998-1999) Confidential, Germany
- Developed the Y2K standard solution for IMS programs at the Y2K Deutsche Bank Project in Eschborn, Germany. Coded, tested and debugged all corresponding programs including both batch and on-line, requiring complex coding changes and in-depth testing of the source code.
- Acquired broad knowledge base of both BTS and Intertest testing tools, which reduced time spent debugging errors by up to 50%.
- Worked closely with the Deutsche Bank customer on several occasions to debug on-line screens.
- Compiled detailed analysis, construction and testing procedure manuals for the Y2K Conversion of JCL at Deutsche Bank in Bonn, Germany.
- Traveled to Wiesbaden to perform Quality Assurance Check on all PL1 code that was analyzed and modified for Y2K compliance by the Bonn Data Department of the Deutsche Bank. Determined upon research that 10% of source code needed to be reanalyzed by the client for Y2K compliance.
- Spoke strictly German with all clients.
Information Analyst (1998) Confidential,
- Completed allY2K analysis, construction and unit testing for Meredith’s Advertisement Services on-line CICS System. Made modifications to 54PL1 IMS/CICS modules and 10 CICS maps. The Y2K approach used for changes varied from date windowing to expansion of dates on screens.
- Led team of 3 analysts on project tasked with implementing new “More” Magazine – a publication that is currently on the shelves targeted to female readers over 40. Made system modifications ranging from changing global references to new publication number to changing modules to correctly reflect price rounding.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
Computer Programmer/Analyst, DOD (Department of Defense) AMC (Army Material Command) Directorate of Information Management (DOIM)