Objective: Creative and self-motivated individual seeking a challenging position that utilizes the experience and education background to contribute the efficiency and productivity to the company.
Confidential. Woodbridge, NJ Sep 2009 –Present
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Resolve discrepancies with insurance brokers and carriers.
- Prepare and review Balance Sheet and P&L analysis.
- Reconcile inter-company transactions with other agencies and verify account balances.
- Prepare month-end supplemental entries for month-end closing.
- Update balances and maintain reconciliations over ledger accounts.
- Preparation of account analysis for internal and external audits.
- Analysis of month-end reconciliation for Surplus Line Tax with various states for all agencies.
- Prepare state regulatory reporting for Surplus Line Tax Return.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly Fixed Assets and Acquisition transactions.
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Flash report to support management for comparisons of actual vs. budget.
- Reconcile and verify production report as well as insurance producers’ commission report via Macro-enabled application.
- Develop access queries and reports to generate monthly commission statements for sub-brokers.
- Prepare and disburse inter-agency as well as insurance company’s wire transfer/ACH.
Confidential New York, NY May 2008 –July 2009
- Prepared quarterly financial consolidated reporting to parent company (Mizuho Financial Group).
- Prepared month-end supplemental entries e.g. FASB 133 - Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities, FASB 91 - Accounting for Nonrefundable Fees and Costs Associated with Originating or Acquiring Loans to properly comply with FASB standard.
- Analyzed, adjusted and eliminated inter-company transactions of MHCB (USA) and regional Financial Statements (Nassau Branch) for the Section 121 board of directors’ meeting package.
- Conducted regular updates to the consolidation statement.
- Prepared schedules for annual external audits as well as Annual Report for MHCB (USA).?
- Research project for FASB 114 - Accounting by Creditors for impairment of a loan and implementation of an impairment loan reserve.
- Prepared monthly reserve and quarterly adjustment entries for FASB 146 - Accounting for costs associated with exit and disposal activities.
- Coordinated and processed regular updates in the consolidated Financial Statement with various accounting units e.g. Financial Control Unit for monitoring the expenses / accrual, Taxi Unit for monthly tax provision as well as quarterly adjustment entries.
Confidential. Avenel, NJ Aug 2006 –Apr 2008
- Bank reconciliation for 5 branches’ cash application and disbursement.
- Prepared monthly GELCO expense analysis to ensure the accuracy of employee expense report.
- Month-end closing and reporting for inter-company transactions such as payrolls, benefits, A/R vs. A/P settlements and auto rental leases activities.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns.
- Maintained Distributors’ loan payments and saving reports.
- Reconciled Major Chain promotion/deductions reports vs. inter-company monthly funding.
- Prepared and analyzed accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards on a monthly basis with supporting documents.
- Maintained and reconciled Fixed Assets schedules tied to general ledger.
- Coordinated and prepared monthly rebates for Allied brands and inter-company coop programs.
- Assisted in providing financial information for internal and external audits.
- Assisted upper-level managements in closing Allied Brands settlements.
- Coordinated and managed monthly physical inventories; reconcile inventory accounts as well as prepare monthly Inventory Obsolescence Reserve.
Confidential. Piscataway, NJ Aug 2004 –Aug 2006
Accounts Receivable/ Credit Analyst
- Coordinated inter-company accounts receivable functions.
- Prepared outstanding-balance analysis and past due statement of delinquency for D&B monthly review.
- Daily cash applications and collections.
- Identified, researched and resolved disputes for charge back.
- Worked with members of departmental and cross-functional teams on accounting related special projects.
- Conducted Credit Reference checks as well as researched D&B reports for potential accounts.
- Monitored each account activity within credit limits and insurance coverage.
- Interaction with Insurance Company pertaining to proper policy-implementation.
- Preparation of semi-annual internal and external audits.
- Supported month-end accounting closing process.
MBA in Finance
Business Program in Accounting/Finance
Bachelor of Art
Certified License Knowledge: NASD Series 6, Life Insurance
- Application Software: TAM, GBASE , ACBS, ICS accounting system, Accware, Everest, Microsoft Word, Excel (Vlookups, PivotTables, Macros), PowerPoint, Outlook, FrontPage, Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000