May 2008 present Confidential,Armonk, N. Y.
Computer Operator (Consultant)
- Presently responsible for monitoring Unix and NT servers with the use of IBM Tivoli.
- Troubleshooting any problems that occur on these servers and escalating to level 2 support when necessary.
- Running IBM’s end of day process for the US and Dublin, Ireland and making sure that the monetary totals match.
- Starting daily backup and the use of Lotus Notes databases for host procedures, server SLA’s and to contact technical support teams when needed.
- Opening trouble tickets using ManageNow and directing them to the proper support team.
Oct. 2007 May 2008
Student Confidential, New York, N. Y.
Network + course for CCNA.
Nov.2006 May 2008
Confidential,Bronx, N. Y.
Nov. 2005Nov. 2006Confidential, Jersey City, N. J.
Flex Shift Technician (Consultant)
- Monitored, ran jobs, and troubleshooted problems on major production schedules using ControlM. These schedules were set up in order to compile financial information about company assets.
- Monitored UNIX and Windows NT using HP Openview, also rebooted systems and or troubleshooted when necessary. Provided level I and level II support on these servers and reached out to administrators or other technical support when necessary.
- Provided Heavy user support and served as the Help Desk for the company on off hours and weekends.
- Performed regular operational tasks such as monitoring backups, preparing backup tapes to be sent to offsite storage and receiving tapes and returning them to the tape library. Running print jobs and distributing vital sales reports to partners and upper management. Hardware support on printers, servers, PC\'s and also setting up new servers, running and tracing wires on these servers in addition to assuring proper network connections.
20002005 Confidential,N. J.
- Was responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting over 300 Windows NT and UNIX servers located on site.
- In addition supported a nationwide and worldwide network of servers that were located across the United States and overseas.
- Worked with scheduling support to run and maintain schedules and jobs that were run on these servers.
- Assisted clients, provided Help Desk and technical support with any problems that may occur, and also recording these calls into a problem management database.
- Worked with Cisco and HP to provide network and Unix support, and also provided internal Lotus Notes support.
19962000 Confidential,New York, N.Y.
Unix Operations Supervisor
- Worked with technical support personnel to deal with and fix server, network and database related issues.
19951996 Confidential,Morristown, N. J.
Jr. Unix Administrator
- Monitored file systems, created user accounts, and performed operational duties on a host of Unix servers, which included backups, running jobs and performing weekly shutdowns.
- Provided Level 1 support for Unix Admins on these servers.
19871995 Confidential,New York, N. Y.
- Introduced to the Unix systems and how it works.
Completed HP Unix Systems and Networking Part I and II, Windows NT Part I
IBM RISC 6000, SUN, HP, WINDOWS NT, XEROX 9790
Unix, Lotus Notes, Novell, Maestro, ControlM, EYQ, Remedy, ITEL, SQL, Oracle, Smarts/BMC Patrol, HP Openview, Magic, Data Protector, Netbackup, Veritas, SiteScope, IBM Tivoli, ManageNow