Seeking a challenging User Experience Engineer position to analyze, design to develop challenging software modules and web based applications.
Master of Science. – Information Systems
Bachelor of Engineering- Computer†
Agile technology-SCRUM, Web services, Junit, Ant
SQL, MySQL , SQL server management 2008
Windows 9x/NT, Linux, DOS
Version Control Tool
MS Office, Visual Studio, Visio, Eclipse, UML, Dreamweaver
Requirements gathering, Card sorting, Personas and scenarios,†
Prototyping, Interface design, Heuristic analysis, Task Analysis,†
Story boarding, Usability testing, Data analysis and modeling
Soft Skills –
- Excellent business communication skills – writing and presentation
- Problem solving, critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Proactive attitude and good team building skills
- Excellent object oriented programming skills
Health information system project
- Worked as a team leader in health information system project to convert current paper based medical records into electronic medical records. Designed and created the use cases and data models for the project. Created the database and helped the team members in writing the database queries. This project will be used as a part of an online course for the Health Science Department to help students understand the practical implementation of their courses.Proactively participated in the requirements gathering, creating personas and scenarios, prototyping, designing the interfaces and developing them. The usability testing was done using Morae 3.1. Worked as the primary technical contact between the project team and the clients and also was involved in the project management of the team.
- Environment – ASP.Net, SQL server management studio
Social networking Project
- Worked in a team to create a social networking environment that allowed users to upload, play, download media files from the database. Created personas and scenarios, prototypes and task analysis and designed the web pages according to users needs. Environment - LAMP
.University Calendar project
- Worked in a team to find out the university calendar usability issues and modify it accordingly.
- I was actively involved in creating the personas, carrying out the user tests and based on user suggestions, creating the web interface prototype. This also included task analysis and information architecture depending on the feedback.
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Management
- Human Factors in IT
- Advanced System Analysis
- IT Strategy and Policies
- IT Project Management
- Software Testing and Validation
- Technical Writing
Work Experience in Industry
Technical Associate, Confidential July 2006-2008
Projects Summary in Confidential
- Decision Support System: Analyst and database developer
- Worked as the analyst and designer on this project. Helped other team members with creating the data models and do detailed requirements gathering, and also writing complex database queries.
- Environment: Struts, JAVA, JSP, Tomcat, MySQL, JUnit
- Directory Query: -Analyst and Software developer
- Highly involved in requirements gathering phase. Designed and developed the web modules and also helped others to write database queries. This project included telecom features implementation like SMS, WAP/ WML for a leading telecom company in Caribbean Islands. Created HLD, LLD and the user manuals for the end users.
- JAVA, JSP, J2EE, Struts, Tomcat server, Oracle 9i server, using My Eclipse IDE
- Dashboard project: - Software Developer
- As Software Developer I was involved in the following: Requirement Analysis, Designing of software modules, development of web modules in the application.
- Mentored associates for developing code, testing and documentation.
- Environment: JAVA, Struts, JSP,My Eclipse IDE, MySQLdatabase using Toad
Projects at Juventus Technologies:2 years – Medicine industry
Study of DICOM and Implementation of Clinical Information Management System - I took up the leadership of a health care project at Juventus Technologies, Pune as a part of my Engineering curriculum. I was involved in requirements gathering, designing and analysis the whole system, developing the business logic and web interface for the same. This project was also demonstrated at Engineers Institute for a competition and won special acknowledgement from all. In this project I also mentored 1 of my juniors for programming and testing.†
Environment- It was developed in JAVA, JSP, AJAX, MySQL server using Eclipse IDE
Workshops/ Trainings attended:
- Database management –basics and advanced:Tech Mahindra Ltd internal training
- Testing basics:Tech Mahindra Ltd internal training
- Java and strutsbasics:Tech Mahindra Ltd internal training
- Team building and business communication skills:Tech Mahindra Ltd internal training