I have twenty years of programming experience in the batch and online area. I have proven functional and technical expertise in the mainframe arena. I also have additional skills in team building, leadership and training. I am a seasoned professional who draws on a broad base of experience to support, design, and build mainframe applications. I have the flexibility to perform in both self-directed and team environments. I am a intelligent and motivated individual.TECHNICAL SUMMARY
Programming PL/1, COBOL, COBOL II
Operating Systems MVS, TSO/ISPF, Windows XP
Databases IMS/DB/DC, DB2, SPUFI, VSAM, MS Access
Services & Tools SPUFI, Dialog Manager, XPEDITER, SYNCSORT, IMS EXPERT, FILEAID
Confidential, Years 2007 - 2008IT Specialst
I provided development and production support for the CMAS application.
- Transfer knowledge to offshore replacement.
- Provided 24/7 customer support.
- Coordinated the gathering of data to create monthly reports using SAS, EXCEL.
Confidential, Years 1997 - 2007Senior Analyst
I was the lead programmer and deployment coordinator for an outside plant construction management application (JMOS/JCAS/JDIP/JUICE). Using all of the above TECHNICAL Skills.
- Provided 24/7 customer support.
- Coordinated multiple scheduled and emergency releases.
- Coordinated/Created/Tested the merger of several of our IMS online clients to one Database intents.
- Coordinated/Created/Tested data conversion programs to migrate from mainframe to midrange.
- Interfaced with client personnel to ensure integrity of the application and its data
- Provided estimates for all enhancement requests
- Successfully interfaced with various platform, midrange and mainframe using FTP/NDM.
- Using IMS EXPERT, and writing new PL/1 programmers handled the Y2K date expansion.
- Streamlined the JCL/PROC\'s cutting nightly batch processing.
- Responsible for maintaining the user data input application using CLIST, DIALOG MANGER.
Confidential, Years 1991 - 1997System Engineer
I was responsible for technical design, construction, testing on many projects with different customers.
- Insurance APS system.
- New Hampshire Title 19 team.
Using JCL Tester for Applications Deployment.
- GM Saturn Ontime and Contract.
Applied my structured programming skills to assist the Saturn/GM maintenance team. Project task included technical design documentation along with program construction, COBOL maintenance, test JCL development and system test corrections. Applications used were COBOL, File-Aid, MVS/JCL, MFS, TSO, and IMS (Online).
- HUD the SAM conversion team.
Active team member responsible for application development for the Weekly, Monthly processing. Technical skills COBOL PL/1 IBM utilities.
- GM MSS Project.
TELON generated application responsible for converting the PL1/IMS code for GM fabrication/component plants in North America. Dealt mainly with the Shipping portion of the system I was specifically charge of the "Shipper Creation". Tools used IMS/PL/1/JCL.
Confidential, Years 1986 - 1991Programmer/Analyst
I participated in the design, coding, implementation, and maintenance for many of Cap Gemini of America clients. Provided ad hoc and weekly reporting.
- Ralston Purina
- McDonnell Douglas
Confidential, Years 1982 - 1986Programmer/Analyst
I participated in the design, coding, and implementation of a group membership tracking system. My responsibilities were the analysis, design, coding, and implementation of a patient confinement tracking system.
- PL/I JCL IMS maintaining and support.
- On call support of production system abends.
Confidential, Years 1979 - 1982Programmer
I provided ongoing support and enhancement to the Demand Deposit System.
- PLI, ASSEMBLER maintaining and support.
- Supervisor Computer Operation before moving to Programming.
Confidential, Years 1975 - 1979Supervisor/Computer Operations
I was responsible for handling all phases of operations, interfacing with clients, management, and employees.
- Manage all batch processing
- Sorting / Printing / Shipping Product
- Create JCL / Manage Tape Disk library\'s
Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 / .NET
Associate Degree in Data Processing
Certificate of Completion in Programming/Operations