Factory Operation Consultant Resume
Factory Operation Consultant
- Redesigned the existing factory layout to improve process efficiency
- Established and trained QC/QA department, introduced preventive maintenance
- Developed warehousing and spare parts planning based on Confidential for factory equipment
- Established product standards for certification, and initiated documentation and record keeping in compliance with ISO 9002
- Trained 10 new cadet engineers, established production targets, and helped drive new factory operating culture
- Established and trained new staff in Occupational and Health as well as Department of Environment requirements.
- Overall increased production output from 1,500 tons/month to 4,000 tons/month, reduced rejection rates from 30 - 50% to 5-15%, increased product range from 3 to 8, improved production quality to meet ASTM standards and resolved factory technical issues.
- Established quality standards and operations procedures, modified the dryer system, improved factory layout with resultant overall productivity improvement. Trained factory supervisors and the general work force.
- Helped with raw material (clay) sourcing and secured factory clay deposits.
- Worked with the Accounts department to introduce a new costing format to better manage KPIs.
- Doubled production output from 2 million to 4 million pieces per month, with simultaneous quality improvement.
- With Confidential factory successfully commissioned, I was assigned to recruit and train a new factory manager in Confidential to achieve production target and budget.
- I then went on to recruit and train another factory manager for a new plant in Kuantan, a city on the east coast of West Malaysia.
- A 4th factory was acquired in Sedenak, a southern city in West Malaysia as Hap Seng continued to grow their market share, and I was assigned to re-train the Factory, Technical, Engineering, and Administration managers.
- I also re-engineered the factory’s firing system and reduced costing by 40%.
Deputy General Manager
- Oversight of 2 new factory set ups, one in Kuantan and the other in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Managed 2 factory acquisitions - Sedenak (Johor) and Ka Fu (Sabah)
- Helped management to achieve targeted KPI’s and profitability.
- Improved productivity by reducing down time and established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Re-engineered the maintenance department and assimilated them into production operations.
- Working with an external consultant, I helped in union negotiations and managed to introduce a new collective agreement based on productivity
- Researched the use of coconut and oil palm trunk in the production of Confidential .
- Worked with the Accounts department to help establish improved costing standards and formats.
Factory Consultant/General Manager
- Rectified the dryer and improved on the kiln bottle neck issues
- Trained production supervisors, technical supervisor and the factory manager on the correct production and technical control for the factory
- Instilled a new work culture in the factory
- Implemented ISO 9000 documentation procedures and brought products up to MS Standards
- With successful increase in production output, the factory was able to reduce production cost and returned to profitability. Reject rate dropped from 15% to 5% and with better product quality was achieved.
- Turned over the company and managed the factory expansion with a new roofing tile division (Japanese - J profile) and a terra cotta tile division, which started production of 12 in. x 12 in. terra cotta tiles and other accessories.
- Designed and built 5 gas-fired shuttle kiln and dryers for the factory over the span of 8 years to produce terra cotta tiles, swimming pool tiles, roofing tiles and accessories.
- Represented the company in the Malaysian Ceramic Industrial Group (MCIG) and regularly visited Ceramic Exhibitions in Munich, Germany and Bologna, Italy from 1993-1999.
- I was employed as Production Executive responsible for managing their finished product sorting lines and a new tile polishing line.
- I was trained to run 2 sorting lines from Fast Fire Confidential and the new tile polishing line from Confidential, Italy.
- I was responsible for overseeing the full production line that included the tile pressing, glaze preparation, glazing, printing, drying, firing, inspection/selection and packing processes.
- I managed a work force of 35 in a unionized environment. I successfully maintained production output under strict worker safety requirements, and trained in Safety and First Aid requirements.
- Developed quality control procedures for incoming raw materials to improve quality and processes
- Trained to monitor and control tunnel kilns and hydraulic presses from Italy and Japan.
- Was instrumental in establishing trouble shooting and process monitoring and control procedures.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes