- Over 12+ years of industrial experience in Legal, Compliance, Industrial Relations, Confidential and Liaison.
- Assisting General Council in providing an in - house compliance service that effectively supports business areas in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations and internal procedures.
- Assisting G.M (Legal) in drafting, negotiating and finalising all legal activities including Contracts, documents, Legal opinions, Labour and Industrial Matters and day to day Liaison with Government offices and Court Pleadings.
- Assisting Mill Manager & HR in disciplinary proceedings and giving findings to the management, Conducting employee satisfaction survey and soliciting suggestions for promoting the general well being of employees, implementing Labour and Welfare Policies, HR Policies, Statutory Obligations, Health and Safety Standard Policies.
- Higher Grade English Type Writing Technical Examination.
- Diploma in Computer Applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point and Internet / Good key board skills.
Deputy Manager Legal and Compliance
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolve, Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. Investigate into Compliance Cases by gathering information and submitting the report to General Council.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested by the General Council to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to General Council for enforcement of Compliance.
- Establish and provide direction and management of the compliance Hotline. Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Conduct Code of Conduct Class and Conflict of Interest for vendors in day to day business
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Consult with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal issues.
- Appearing the Tribunals on behalf of the Company.
- Filing and Defending Civil and Criminal cases for the Company.
- Dealing Court cases of the Company include Writ Petitions, Civil suits arising from day to day Business.
- Preparing Plaints, Counters and Inter Locator applications.
- Representing the Company in all Courts.
- Drafting agreements.
- Attending as Confidential for court attachments.
- Renewing of licenses from time to time i.e. Factory License, Explosive Licenses, Govt. Lease Lands, Etc, Boilers, Electrical, Consent(EHS).
- Updating all the properties of the Company.
- Maintaining good rapport with media, advertisement agencies, and social bodies.
- Identifying and preparing annual budget towards Corporate Social Responsibility Activities of the Company and updating them time-to-time.
- Supervising and controlling Company’s internal security and ensure smooth functioning.
- Implementing high standard of housekeeping inside and outside the Company and evaluate the effectiveness periodically.
- Started as Legal Trainee and worked till December 2016 as Officer Legal in International Paper Confidential Limited, Rajahmundry. Reporting to General Council & GM (Legal) and Assisting GM (HR).
- The International Paper Confidential Limited formally known as is among the ten integrated pulp and paper manufacturers in India. The Company was established in 1921 and had an installed capacity of 170000 TPA of paper with workforce over 3000 employees. IP Confidential is one of the most admired paper manufacturers in the country. It enjoys a presence in all the industry segments - paper, paperboards and news print segments. It produces the country’s widest paper range like copier, cream wove, map litho, industrial grade, MG and news print.
- There are two mills one at Rajahmundry and other at Madhavarayadupallam. It also has two papers cut to size factories at S.N.Palem and Rajahmundry.
- Enrolled as an Advocate with Bar Council of Confidential Pradesh and practiced as an advocate on the original Civil and Criminal side and dealt with following matters like Money Suits, Mortgage Suits, Criminal Cases, Labour and Industrial Cases, Insurance Claims.