- Financial Modeling M&A / Integration Analytics
- Operations Finance Commercial Finance Global FP&A
- System Implementations Essbase / Hyperion Expert
Global Financial Planning & Analysis Sr. Manager, Minneapolis, MN
- Manage and development of Global Budget & Forecast process; Developed new global strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, providing improved visibility to expected future financial performance
- Build financial models and P&Ls for new business concepts to understand impact to overall business
- Drove a 50% reduction in Budget and Forecast reporting processes through automated global planning process considering requirements from individual Business Units and Departments while simultaneously improving business insights
- Managed annual Operating expenses of over $1 billion annually
- Developed training materials and conducted training to over 200 employees globally on Confidential Essbase system
- Developed improved working capital analytics and reporting to strengthen balance sheet and cash flow performance
- Key member of Confidential Integration team focused on reporting, process & system alignment
- Managed global restatement project to align financials after acquisition
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive global allocation process
- Managed Essbase including setting up scenarios, hierarchy, exchange and allocations
- Developed training materials and conducted training to over 200 employees globally on Essbase
Commercial Finance Sr. Manager, Mason, OH
- Business partner with Marketing team to lead financial planning and support strategic planning to grow business, understand impact of new items, and drive bottom line results.
- Managed trade spend, volume and profit goals as well as Joint Business Plans with customer. Optimize business performance through ROI and Point of Sales analytics. Participate in cross functional teams to develop business building opportunities and efficiencies with Supply Chain and Customer Development.
- Finance lead over Kroger CCO promotion management for all brands / categories with Customer
- Developed robust financial model to understand impact of promotion activity used heavily in negotiations with Kroger
- Responsible for reporting and analyses of Global business results.
- Managed Global Month and Quarter end closes, analytics, and forecasts to support operational Monthly Business Reviews with Executive & Financial Leadership teams.
- Manage advertising and fixed cost reporting for Global Marketing and Quality departments
- Manages development of Global Budget & Forecast process and presented Operating Plans/Forecast to Executive team
- Manages preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales growth analysis and annual new products report.
- Managed Hyperion Upgrade including preparation, testing, and go live.
- Managed Master Data Cost Center Project and reporting in Business Intelligence database
Global Business Unit Controller, Racine, WI
- Plan, organize and direct all activities of the Mfg financial operations and cost accounting function in a multi - plant environment
- Responsible for inventory valuation, variance analysis and standard cost setting
- Manage the monthly inventory closing activities including but not limited to reviewing raw material and finished good inventories for reserve, capitalizing and analyzing variances and reconciling inventory
- Drive timely and accurate budgeting, forecasting and internal management reporting and analysis of Cost of Goods Sold
- Maintain the standard cost methodology and serve as primary subject matter expert for costing
- Proactively communicate issues and opportunities to manufacturing management, identifying trends and interpreting for senior management.
- Develop KPI metrics and tracking systems for major cost drivers.
- Developed and implemented global program financial analysis (PFA) process and templates using various financial metrics (MIRR, NPV, and Profitability Index). Trained over 150 employees on Modine’s new metrics and how to analyze the attractiveness of new programs and products
- Initiated, researched and recommended implementation of an electronic quote management system. Identified solution and received Executive approval. Financial lead on implementation team
- Created Future State Financial Modeling process used to “Deep Dive” current products and analyze new market opportunities in conjunction with the Global Market Strategy
- Analyzed and recommended closure of two under-utilized facilities in N.A. and performed analysis for Greenfield location in Nuevo Laredo, MX
- Lead development of the 5 year strategic business plan, annual operating plan and forecasts
- Responsible for monthly closing activities for Division and consolidation of both Plant and Divisional SGA financial statements including detailed analysis and review with Division GM and Global Managing Director.
- Achieved $1.9 million in annual savings and lead monthly CI and capital forecasting activities within Division
- Responsible for the professional development and management of Plant Controllers and Analysts
Plant Controller, Jefferson, WI
- Consistently prepare high-level analysis for both Plant and Divisional Management to assist in making decisions on capacity constraints, capital projects, formula optimizations, and various other requests.
- Key member of High Performance Factory teams to determine best practices in the Division and assist in implementing new practices throughout the pet food canning facilities in five locations.
- Nominated and participated in Divisional Gateway Leadership program.
- Researched and applied for federal funding for proprietary process and received a $500,000 grant.
- Implemented Oracle general ledger and Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Developed Plant internal audit program for all facets of the business, identified high-risk areas, and implemented necessary controls and processes to strengthen internal controls.
- Successfully implemented structured Materials Review Board to provide weekly yield & variance analysis to Production and QA departments, with focus on actions to improve performance. Process identified as a ‘best practice’ in Division.
- Worked with City & plant technical team to negotiate position relative to City Waste Water Treatment Ctr expansion.
- Driver of achieving $2.3 million in annual savings through CI process and Operational Excellence.
Sr. Plant Controller, Memphis, TN
- Plan, organize and direct all activities of the cost accounting function in a multi-plant environment
- Successful completion of moving eleven product lines to Memphis from other Confidential source plants
- Successful completion and analysis of sale of a manufacturing facility
- Implemented Oracle general ledger and Oracle Manufacturing system
- Successfully implemented a structured Materials Review Board to provide weekly yield and variance analysis to the Production and QA departments, with a focus on actions to improve performance
- Reduced inventory from $7 million to $4.3 million
- Financial lead in achieving $3.7 million in annual cost savings
Principal Financial Officer, Minneapolis, MN
- Financial Officer for telecommunications manufacturing company.
- Partnered with CEO to grow bottom and top line of business.
- Managed and ensured integrity of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Evaluated cash management and prepared detailed cash flow projections.
- Managed and coordinated business insurance and workers compensation.
- Managed HR, payroll, and benefit administration.
- Responsible for all internal and external financial reporting required by the SEC and other Regulatory offices.
- Assisted with reverse stock split analysis and SEC filings
- Key member in Acquisition and Merger Analysis
- Developed Job Costing process and implemented standard costing procedures.