- A dynamic business executive vice - president with over thirty years of intensive business experience and proven success in finance, treasury, risk, commercial insurance, and credit & collection management.
- Additional skills in budget/cost control, foreign currency hedging, long-term & short-term cash management, accounts receivable, debit memo/deduction control, accounts payable, loss control audits, safety & inspections, Total Quality Improvement (TQI), and building effective customer relationships.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills along with being an experienced negotiator.
- A dependable, thorough, and well-organized planner who communicates effectively with all levels of management.
- Employment & consulting experience includes the following industries: steel service centers, steel manufacturer & steel products, steel mills, automotive products, restaurant supply, soft window treatment, hand tool, utility, legal, office products, rehab & health care, computer technology, and major appliance/electronics.
- Proven leadership experience in managing all aspects of the order to cash cycle: invoicing, billing, credit approval, collections, cash application, attainment of key performance indicators, reporting to senior management, board of director experience.
- Proficient in risk mitigation techniques that add value and enhance sales opportunities. Solid expertise in staff mentoring, coaching and training in all aspects of department policies, procedures, financial statement analysis and account write up reviews.
- Proven ability to improve corporate cash flow and profitability, streamline business operations, and work with sales and customers and creatively find win/win solutions. Proficient with Windows, MS Office, SAP, Oracle, eStelplan, DNBi, D&B eRAM, & Internet Browsers
Executive Vice President
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Confidential will offer a turn-key custom technology solution for the residential construction industry that will encompass designing, building, marketing, selling, and financing of single-family or multi-family homes.
- My position oversees and carries out the development and implementation of treasury functions, allocate cash balances, maintain investment records and prepare expense and earnings forecasts.
- Perform financial analysis and assessments in support of corporate initiatives and decision making.
- Assist executive leadership with investor relations and communications activities.
- Oversee the risk, insurance, employee benefits, payroll, AP, AR/credit, investment, human resources, and cash management functions including cash concentration, wires, accounting funding. Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital. Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationships, including lending programs, negotiating bank fee, and interest earnings. Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycles and simplify cash operations and processes.
- Perform daily review of treasury operations to ensure funds are flowing properly by maximizing corporate value and minimizing costs. Develop processes to improve efficiency and enhance controls. Develop and monitoring treasury operational policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of wire transfers, process check disbursements, track cash balances, perform account reconciliations, bank adjustments, and wire transfer research. Manage equity and debt financing.
- Ensure adequate liquidity to meet operational and capital investment requirements. Invest excess funds. Provide data, information and tools to senior management to support optimal decision making and value creation. Perform other duties as assigned.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for risk, insurance, and credit for corporate and four subsidiaries of a fully integrated steel producer with sales in excess of $700 million.
- Responsibilities include corporate cash management, foreign currency hedging, surety bonds, directing subsidiary credit & collection managers, software system upgrades for credit and insurance, negotiating insurance premiums, insurance coverage’s, deductible/self-insured retention limits, and program costs with insurance brokers, insurance carriers, and claim management service firms.
- Insurance programs included: all risk property, comprehensive boiler & machinery, catastrophic, business travel accident, general liability, foreign general liability, umbrella general liability, product liability, automobile liability, excess work comp self-insured State of Illinois, work comp all other states, directors & officers liability, blanket crime, fiduciary liability, employment practice liability, wharf owner’s liability, ocean marine open cargo liability, credit, major medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and third party claim management. Implemented loss control & safety inspections by insurance carrier and insurance broker engineers.
- Negotiated lock box banking relationships, foreign currency hedging & investment relationships, credit report contracts, and insurance provisions in leases, contracts, and covenants.
- Decreased insurance program costs while expanding insurance policy coverage & lowering deductibles & SIR’s.