- Experienced, educated professional eagerly looking to contribute numerous years of customer service, supervision and business knowledge a growing successful workplace.
- Schedule team of ten drivers for their contracted lanes
- Negotiate rates with external and internal customers to provide logistics services
- Update customers via web/e - mail/calls with pick-up and delivery information
- Prepare Confidential Manifests and customs paperwork
- Reconcile pay issues and serve as intermediary between upper management and drivers
- Prepare shipping documents and provide customer service for external and internal customers
Confidential, Livonia, MI
Midwest Region Dispatcher
- Dispatch remarket vehicles for the Midwest Region
- Assist in paperwork and planning
- Negotiate pricing for loads/orders in a timely manner, maintain proper margin and timed deliveries.
- Assist in improving work processes and conflict resolution
Confidential, Carleton, MI
- Help prepare schedule for team of 40-50 drivers
- Make sure drivers drive safe, adhere to Confidential and Confidential standards, equipment checks, logs and hours of service.
- Conduct orientation for new hires
- Maintain schedule through communication with customers and report locations and shipment details via web, fax and phone.
- Update customers via various websites (Penske, Ryder, Schneider)
- Consult with upper management regarding work practices, streamlining processes and offering advice on how to improve current practices/scheduling, cost-cutting methods etc.
Confidential, Wayne, MI
- Manage diverse team of 50 drivers including equipment, safety scorecard vacation and various day to day issues.
- Monitor customer freight, update customers via, e-mail phone and website.
- Help train new employees and offer new ideas and practices.
- Member of Community Outreach team
Confidential, Belleville, MI
Driver Manager and assistant warehouse manager
- Take physical inventory of, prepare weekly payroll reports, manifests and customs paperwork.
- Represented company at 2005 Comprehensive Logistics convention (Columbus,OH) and Ryder Website training (as needed).
- Hired, interviewed and trained new drivers.
- Resolved pay issues
- Prepared billing for customers
- Helped manage team of 30 drivers on LTL freight across the nation.
- Updated customers by phone, fax, e-mail and websites of fright locations, Confidential ’s.