- Dedicated Nursing Director with progressive experience providing patient - focused care, utilization reviews, treatment plans, behavioral assessments, detox plans, collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, and critical thinking.
- Strong leadership abilities, written and oral skills, and ability to motivate staff creating a positive environment.
- Collaborates effectively with other medical professionals to ensure appropriate quality care is given to patients.
- Adheres to safety and infection control guidelines at all times. Combines strong leadership and nursing management skills with accountability for positive patient outcomes.
- Project Management Critical Thinking Infection Control
- Patient/Family Education Case Management Medication Administration
- Staff Training Patient Assessments Records Management
- EMR/EMH Strategic/Tactical Planning Team Building
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Director of Nursing
- Manages nursing staff of 130 members including 10 Nurse Supervisors and four (4) Nurse Managers providing managed care to patients with substance abuse and addiction.
- Operates and manages within a $2M staffing budget.
- Interviews and hires new staff and increased per diem pool which reduced overtime.
- Provides a safe, caring, and calm environment for all patients.
- Adheres to Infection Control rules and regulations by enhancing policies and emphasizing hand hygiene.
- Reduced labor by 20 hours per month by creating and implementing an online scheduling program for staff.
- Participated as a lead in the EMR start-up project and created all nursing workflows for new system.
- Created and implemented policies and procedures.
- Developed orientation program for new team members.
- Revised and updated company practices such as job descriptions, falls assessment tool, follow-up, and vacation policy.
- Implemented an IV training class for staff to increase proficiency.
- Utilized critical thinking skills and responded appropriately to various situations including life-saving incidents.
- Collaborated and participated on interdisciplinary teams regarding diagnosis, plans of care, safety, health of patient, and reported significant changes to physicians.
- Managed a 114 bed detox and rehabilitation hospital as a Nursing Supervisor .
- Managed a 24-bed detox unit and 15-21 nurses on three shifts as a Nurse Manager .
- Prepared patient care plans, detox treatment, and consistent assessment of withdrawal symptoms.
- Accurately and promptly prepared and processed medical documentation.
- Administered patient medication in a timely and accurate manner.
- Counseled patients on treatment plans, medications, and education.