Financial Executive (CPA) with recent IPO, public company CFO and international experience. Background includes SEC reporting, raising capital, restructuring, mergers/integration, cross - border transactions and doing business in emerging markets. Trusted and collaborative business partner to highly-accomplished and entrepreneurial CEOs. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Confidential, Greater Los Angeles, CA
Financial Reporting Manager/Head of Financial Reporting
- Key member of deal team that took the company public in a $180 million IPO on Confidential Global Select.
- Direct responsibility for the timely preparation and filing of the prospectus and S-1 registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Prepared offering memorandum for a successful $400M Rule 144A placement of debt securities in collaboration with outside counsel.
- Preparing SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K and leading technical accounting function. Preparing financials using Oracle/Hyperion/Wdesk.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL and Santa Barbara, CA
Founder and Principal Consultant
- Providing bookkeeping in Quickbooks, tax compliance, management consulting to clients in retail, fashion, publishing, fitness products, contracting and hotels.
Acting Vice President Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Appointed during a liquidity crisis and reporting to the Executive Chairman of the Board, led restructuring efforts, SEC reporting, investor relations, capital markets, treasury, risk management, tax and accounting for a complex global enterprise.
- Working with the Vice Chair of a large Canadian investment bank on an issuer bid to convert $70M debentures to equity.
- Raised $5 million in new money first lien debt to enable a restructuring.
- Key member of deal team that negotiated a $150M joint venture transaction with Confidential .
- Facilitated Ecuador government approval for transaction including in a private meeting with President Rafael Correa.
- Structured and delivered term sheets for oil field acquisitions to an entity affiliated with the Royal Family of Qatar.
- Relocated from California to South America at the Company’s request for a three year term.
- Based in Quito with travel to Bogota, Colombia to establish Ivanhoe Colombia and Calgary, Canada for ERP implementation.
- Responsible for international tax planning, statutory reporting, SOX compliance and audit supervision for 10 subsidiaries in Barbados, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico and Singapore.
- SEC 10-Q/10-K/8-K review.
- Board member with PetroEcuador, the Ecuador National Oil Company, on appraisal of a 400 square mile heavy oil asset in Amazon basin. Promoted by the Board of Directors to CFO of the Global Company.
Confidential, Santa Barbara
Director of External Reporting
- Responsible for group financial reporting on London Stock Exchange in Confidential then IFRS, for 5th largest company on AIM ($2 billion market cap).
- Led conversion to IFRS. Chief liaison with Big 4 British and US auditors on dual audits.
- Involved in secondary offerings and private placements of $335 million.
- Prepared Company for U.S. IPO
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
- Audited clients up to $200+ million in size.
- Prepared corporate and partnership tax returns.
- Signed up Fess Parker as a client to deliver management advisory services.
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
Director of Finance
- Preparation of monthly financial statements under Confidential for a consolidated sub of this large, public company.
- Presented financials to former actor, Fess Parker and the President of Hilton in monthly owner meetings.