- Experienced Tax Manager who is an efficient, resourceful and well disciplined individual
- Detailed oriented, strong work ethic and solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Work efficiently in a fast - paced environment
- Extensive Federal and State experience in multiple industries with prior Big Four experience.
- Strong analytical skill evident in analyzed complex tax issues, prepared technical and research memo, created cases to simplify the decision making process, and prepared alternatives to evaluate the tax implication of various transactions.
- A strong communicator, extremely proficient with computer with impressive staff management skills.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp and resolve business challenges in a dynamic environment
Senior Tax Manager
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- plan, coordinate, prepare, and review 6662 documentation and transfer pricing documentation for local countries using both internal and external resources. prepare and review intercompany agreements . support in various APAs, appeals, litigation, and audits; work with the corporate tax controversy team and local tax/finance teams to establish audit defense procedure, assist in information requests from tax authorities, and provide issue resolution strategy. support tax provision: prepare, analyze, and review FIN48 reserves and positions related to transfer pricing prepare, analyze, and review buy-in calculation, platform contribution transaction payments, agreements, and reports manage service allocation interviews, streamline and improve process, implement tax saving initiative ensure proper recording of transfer pricing in the books and records.
- Analyze financial data and perform transfer pricing analysis, review and recommend transfer pricing methodologies. implement transfer pricing policies and plan strategies to mitigate risk, facilitate business operations, and optimize global effective tax rate. Track tax law and regulations changes related to global transfer pricing.
- Communicate and implement necessary changes to maintain compliance.
Tax Manager VP
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
- Train, supervise, counsel, develop, and manage a compliance team (permanent staff, loaner staff, interns, and contractors). Participate in recruiting of new and experienced hires.
- Prepare, review, and manage federal and state income tax compliance using CORPTax, correspondence to state and federal tax authorities, and review and manage foreign and regional filings. Responsibilities include: 2 consolidated Form 1120s, 66 Form 1065s, approx. 500 state and local filings, 12 Form 5471s, 8 Form 8858s, 1 Form 8865, 5 Form 8621s, 2 Form 1120-F, and UK returns, India returns, Costa Rica return, Hong Kong returns, and various withholding. Supervise the fast paced work flow.
- Supervise E-file process and any related changes for 2005 and 2006 domestic compliance, and 2007 and 2008 for international.
- Assist Tax Provision preparation and related issues pursuant to FAS 109 for financial statement purposes.
- Examples are: validate Cumulative Ms, prepare tax basis balance sheet, document FIN 48, etc.
- Review local countries’ tax provisions to include in the stat accounts in accordance with local countries’ financial reporting standard (UK, India, and Hong Kong).
- Review foreign tax (Expat, direct, indirect, withholding, etc.) and E&P pools on as needed basis.
- Review non-U.S. income tax compliance (UK and Hong Kong) and manage the preparation process (India, Costa Rica, Japan, and Singapore).
- Prepare intercompany transfer pricing studies using CrossBorder Solutions. Manage and coordinate transfer pricing studies with outside service providers. Review transfer pricing documentation. Review and monitor intercompany transactions. Evaluate CORPTax TPA for future studies. Support federal audit and assist IDR request. Support various state audits Prepare data, coordinate and conduct interviews, review documentation, and manage Research & Development tax credit study campaign using Planitax.
- Provide support in developing additional controls, preparing procedures, and guidelines in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley 404 documentation and internal audit review
- Evaluate and document tax position. Research, review and coordinate filing of change of accounting method. Research tax implication of various tax issues and transactions and prepare technical memo.
- Provide tax research on filing requirements and instructions regarding information reporting obligations (e.g. Form 1099 and Form 1098). Handle inquiries from various business divisions (i.e. loan administration, payroll and human resources)
Sr. Tax Analyst
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Prepared federal, state, and foreign income tax compliance using ProSystem FX
- Prepared Income Tax Provision FAS109 and related issues
- Managed special tax minimization and planning projects, such as ETI, VAT refund claim, accelerating partially worthless bad debts.
- Manage internal sale and use tax reverse audit.
- Managed and defended audits (FTB, Texas, New York, Canada, etc.)
- Prepared and reviewed Canadian indirect tax and withholding tax
- Prepared contemporaneous documentation for Transfer Pricing pursuant to IRC 482.
- Prepared and coordinated Sarbanes - Oxley Sec. 404 documentation for various tax functions and conducted related internal audits and tests.