- A success - driven, analytical and focused financial professional with 18 years of experience in financial services and investments.
- Expertise in equities, derivatives sales and trading, market making, quantitative trading methodologies and hedging strategies.
- Highly motivated with fluent knowledge of financial markets, excellent analytical skills and ability in capturing and managing key accounts.
- Highly collaborative, with outstanding ability to perform under pressure in a rapid - paced, high pressured environment.
- A dynamic leader with strengths in employee management, client oversight and training traders.
- Currently working towards the Confidential designation.
- One of the first 5 Options Markets Makers when options were introduced for the first time to the Greek capital market by the Athens Derivatives Exchange.
- Options book managed in year 2000, accounted for 33% of the total Greek options market volume for 2 consecutive quarters.
- Frequent guest commentator on derivatives for a Greek TV station.
- Designed tested and evaluated options trading systems for equities and futures using data and statistical analysis
- Consulted the Athens Derivatives Exchange for the development and improvement of the first derivatives trading used by the members of the exchange. Participated in weekly meetings with the Exchange’s management to solve problems such as liquidity and low volume for the newly introduced index options market in Greece.
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Invest Management
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Capital Markets
- Equities Basket and Pair Trading
- SQL, Netezza, SAS
- Excel, VBA (Macros), PPT
- Risk Management
- Confidential Long-Short Portfolio Management
- Investment Research
SQL, SAS, Netezza, MS Office, Instinet, Autex, Microhedge, Bloomberg, RTD trader Telerate ILX, AT Financial, Reuters
Investment manager, Bethesda, MD
- Lead analyst responsible for the investigation of large complex data sets related to derivatives and supported on state-of-the-art big data platforms.
- Conducted in-depth analysis of data integrity, and historical trends, performed data modeling and developed analytic algorithms.
Private Wealth Manager
- Developed portfolios weighted mostly in the healthcare sector along with tailor made hedging strategies using derivatives.
- Series 7 and Series 66 licensed
ConfidentialPrivate Wealth Manager
- Managed the securities portfolio account of the family office.
- Developed portfolios and hedging strategies
ConfidentialPrivate Wealth Manager
- Developed trading strategies and hedging positions in Currencies, Commodities
- Performed daily market research for derivatives and mortgage securities.
- Created volatility trading strategies.
- Created Inter market and Intra market spreads for Indices and Commodities
- Performed daily market research for the equities and fixed income markets
Manager / Energy Trader
- Traded and hedged the company’s positions in Gasoil and Gasoline.
Head of Confidential Derivatives
- Conceptualized and adopted innovative ideas in implementing hedging and
- Developed the Confidential Index Arbitrage program for the proprietary trading desk.
- Organized Road shows and derivatives seminars increase accounts and sales.
- Performed risk management duties and run the project of incorporating the derivatives desk risk management program in to the Bank s risk program
- Consulted financial software companies on developing trading platforms for the Greek futures and options market
- Trained new derivatives traders and sales employees.
Options Market Maker
- Executed high volume Confidential -Futures- Options Index Arbitrage trades.
- Developed strong working relationships with brokers and increased trading volume by providing superior pricing and greater efficiency.
- Consultant to the Athens Derivatives Exchange for the development and improvement of the first derivatives trading platform used by the members of the exchange.