PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Confidential, La Plata, MD
Director of Contracts and Procurement
- Direct and manage corporate contracts department which includes procurement buyer, subcontracts administrators, project controllers and contract administrators.
- Establish processes and policies allowing the company to become compliant with public law and Confidential requirements as it relates to contracting, subcontracting and commercial purchases.
- Active contacts manager providing review, approval and creation of Teaming Agreements (TAs), Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), subcontracts, pricing scenarios, proposal responses, commercial agreements, export (ITAR/EAR) review, etc.
- Provide review and approval of subcontractor invoices ensuring expenses are in accordance with the Confidential DD245s.
- Established process for creation of subcontract negotiation memorandums, review and retention of excluded party list search listing, creation of cost/price analysis and other tasking in preparation for audit of the company’s purchasing system review (CPSR).
- Maintain up - to-date company data in the government SAM portal.
- Provide contractual input for the finance team to ensure proper processes are followed for revenue recognition and fee collection based on contract type and Confidential .
- Established tracking protocol to record contractual documents for quick reference (e.g. NDAs, TAs, Subcontracts).
- Provide training and direction to all contracts and procurement staff. Established time management tracking system to include daily reporting and review of tasks completed in preparation for ISO9000 and/or CMMI accreditation as well and review by the CEO.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Lead Contracts Administrator
- Managed full life-cycle proposal and contract activities from cradle to grave with full signature authority. With support of the contracts team, developed strategies to ensure competitive profitable proposals in line with company objectives.
- Prepared complex proposals for customer requirements, attended discussions on proposal cost strategy and provides special rate calculations and other significant financial impacts with financial operations. Advised management of potential risk areas related to RFPs and contracts.
- Negotiated and established teaming agreements with prospective partners to respond to client’s solicitation requirements (where Confidential was the prime contractor or a subcontractor).
- Executed contract administration policies and procedures in accordance with Corporate, Sector, and Group policies and procedures.
- Updated appropriated computerized knowledge base systems with fully executed Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Risk Analysis, awards, award modifications, etc. for contract briefs and company-wide access.
Confidential, Dahlgren, VA
- Performed “cradle to grave” administration of Prime and Subcontracts. Monitored the administration of Prime contracts and subcontracts including the review and execution of the contract award any contract modifications.
- Managed/coordinated proposal activities to include developing bid strategies.
- Assisted consultants with T&M proposal preparation and submission.
- Ensured compliance with governmental law ( Confidential Clauses), Company and divisional policies on contract procurement, in line with the company’s Procurement Manual.
- Provided interpretation of contact clauses, organize and process correspondence with all parties involved and monitor fulfillment of contractual obligations. Prepared and executed subcontract documents and modifications, negotiate Non Disclosure Agreements ( Confidential )s.
- Assisted with the negotiation of Teaming Agreements.
- Evaluated vendor sanitized proposals, including conducting negotiations and/or discussions and developing source selection criteria and overall price analysis for submission to the government and the auditable contract file. Work with the customer POC (COR, Contract Officer, Contract Specialist) to resolve funding or contractual matters in addition to reviewing and providing up-to-date Level of Funding ( Confidential ) notices.
- Directly supervised and train a team of two (2) subcontract administrators.
- Acted as the liaison between Confidential and Program Managers/Financial department with the various customers.
- Assisted proposal teams, program managers and divisional head as needed.
- Attended as-needed status meetings with various customers (government & Prime partners).
- Created and maintained auditable files for Confidential Approved Purchasing System reviews.
- Responded to government Confidential request.
- Prepared “cure” notices to subs that were not in compliance with terms of the subcontract agreement.
- Ordered and renewed Confidential seats for staff working at select government facilities. Ensured compliance with ITAR and TAA agreements, reporting all to the corporate office for tracking and final review. Supervised seasonal Contracts Department Interns and assumed responsibilities of Contracts Dept Lead during leader’s absence.
- Reviewed and approved subcontract administrator timesheets.
- Assisted in financial analysis for de-obligations and From-By-To analysis for contract close-out.
- Assisted with OCONUS travel including price markup, Letters of Authorization (LOAs) from government Contracts.
Confidential, Colonial Beach, VA
Pricing and Finance Manager
- Prepared Cost-to-Complete project analyses. Prepared and uploaded sealed bids to Government websites such as SeaPort-E(nhance), SBIR and SPAWAR E-commerce.
- During tenure, led and trained a staff various contract analysts and one (1) pricing analyst.
- Tracked expenditures using excel to give a semi-monthly status of funding on all active contracts.
- Held monthly contract reviews with management to ensure adequate funding of labor.
- Submitted 75% letters to the government or Prime when nearing “at risk” status for funding.
- Created spreadsheets and word templates to assist in major pricing actions.
- Maintained the company line of credit with primary bank. Borrowing against and repaying that LOC as needed.
- Daily monitoring the “sweep” account. Setup and oversaw the On-site banking (check capturing and deposits into main operating account).
- Assisted in preparation of monthly company revenue and expense projections for management decisions and for review with the company’s owners.
- Directed a staff of two (2) Information Technology (IT) staff in using and accessing the corporate server using Windows2003; adding users to corporate domains and SharePoint servers. Directed IT subordinates in general computer and printer setup and network installs email account setup and closure via exchange host; upgrade company servers and software (Sharepoint & Shared Drive) and hardware (Phone system and Wired/Wireless Network system).
- Tracked staff’s learning and understanding of routines through progress report submissions and daily reviews.
- Reviewed and approve requisitions for hardware and software purchases.
- Oversaw the duties of housekeeping, admin assistant and executive assistant.
- Reviewed and approve supply purchase requisitions.
Confidential, King George VA
Office Manager/Senior Tax Advisor
- Responsible for preparing federal and state tax return for office clientele.
- Offered tax advice and recommend other financial services to those clients.
- Provided senior support, guidance and training to office staff regarding tax laws.
- Supported office staff in areas concerning policy and procedure and office administration.
- Prepared staff work schedules.
- Responsible for office staffing, training and general organization.
Confidential, Fredericksburg, VA
- Responsible for over-all management of $1.8M franchise operation with 9 branch offices.
- Manage staff of 100+ seasonal and full-time associates.
- Prepare and maintain annual budget. (HR Duties) Recruiting, hiring and training of associates to staff 9 offices.
- Assure speedy and satisfactory resolutions in Associate and client relations.
- Ensure associate tax knowledge and professionalism is maintained throughout the district based on company standards though mandatory training and skills sessions.
- Coach office leaders and assist in their setting and accomplishing office goals that increase number of clients served and office volume via weekly office leader meetings.
- Primary networking and support manager. Established new offices; negotiated office leases and leasehold improvements.
- Increased net profit by $100,000 for two consecutive years though budget adherence.