Information Technology Management
Senior IT leader with wide-ranging hands-on expertise in comprehensive infrastructure and technology operations management, staffing, team building, budgeting, and strategic technology planning for corporate environments with multiple locations. Skilled in IT Infrastructure Design and Management, IT Operations/Support and IT Disaster Recovery Planning. Built and Directed domestic and international IT operations and help desk support, maximizing technology use to advance corporate goals while driving 6-figure reductions in overhead. Designed, procured, established, and managed network as well as end-user computing infrastructures. Managed facility operations and administrative office services. Strategic planner able to develop high-performance teams and execute large-scale projects. Created and implemented best practice procedures. Proven hands-on skills in network and telephony/messaging design and integration, including VOIP and Unified Communications. Skilled in backup and recovery technologies as well as MS Exchange 2003/2010, MS Sharepoint, MS Lync, MS SQL and Oracle environments, as well as Cloud Solutions, Citrix and VMWare.
Confidential, Pearl River, New York | 2011-2012
International Provider of advertising, media and asset management services
Provided management for all information technology support and operations, including Server and network infrastructure design and operations for 7 locations internationally. Manage Disaster Recovery Planning, Technology Engineering, and Desktop/Enduser Support. Manage end user support for 500 users internationally; Managed daily IT Operations and Support operations, utilizing Active Directory 2003 and 2008, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, virtualized VMWare environments, as well as Citrix XenApp and SSL VPN for remote connectivity.
- Managed the deployment of a new firewall infrastructure, incorporating security redundancy and web monitoring and control capabilities.
- Managed the design and installation of a campus-wide 802.11N wireless network, including security controls.
- Designed and deployed a Virtualized server environment to accommodate server count reduction and data redundancy capabilities.
- Deployed a SAN Environment utilizing HP-Left Hand Storage technologies in a 2-month timeframe
Confidential, Parsippany, New Jersey | 2005-2011
Provider of contract sales services to the pharmaceutical industry
Responsible for all information technology support and operations, including Windows server and network infrastructure design and operations, and IT Disaster Recovery Planning, including New Technology Engineering, Desktop/Enduser Support and Database Management, as well as outsourced Help Desk operations. Deployed and Manage a hosted data center environment encompassing all vendor management activities and interfaces. Deliver end user technology support for 1500 users; manage support for clients for secure (extranet and FTP) data transfer, report generation and delivery. Manage collaborative communications management for multiple voice-over IP (VOIP) telephone systems, video conferencing and e-mail systems. Developed and Managed daily IT Operations and Support operations for 3 facilities located nationwide, encompassing Active Directory 2003 and 2008 Management, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, virtualized VMWare environments, as well as Citrix and Juniper SSL VPN for remote connectivity. Provide primary IT accountability for Sarbannes-Oxley compliance activities.. Managed cloud-based initiatives for various projects, including e-mail, database management and productivity suites.
- Developed and deployed a hosted data center solution, encompassing the migration of 120 Windows server devices and associated network infrastructure to a 3rd-party hosted data center using VMWare ESX Server technology. This effort is anticipated to result in $850K in savings over 4 years.
- Developed and deployed an IT Disaster Recovery (DR) plan, consisting of internal and vendor processes for an outsourced DR Support Hosting supplier, in response to a lack of a Disaster Recovery plan. This plan incorporates year round system and process testing for 2 facilities.
- Led the design, evaluation, deployment and daily management of a NetApp enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) environment, in response to a need to centralize data management. This entailed the migration of 9TB of data from disparate storage systems to a common platform, utilizing snapshot technologies for rapid data restoration.
- Provide operational support for internal and off-shore development teams, encompassing Development and QA server environments for customized shrink-wrapped applications (including SalesForce.com), as well as web applications developed in-house.
- PDI was experiencing uncontrolled software licensing growth and procurement; in response I was able to capture cost savings of $450K over 3 years through the negotiation and deployment of a Microsoft Enterprise Software Licensing Agreement .
- Successfully designed and managed the outsourcing of technology Help Desk operations, resulting in savings of over $350K over a 3 year period.
Confidential, Hackensack, New Jersey | 2004-2005
New Jersey/Metropolitan New York region teaching hospital
Managed IT support services, oversaw computing technology, a Computer Operations Center, and telecom
operations as well as desktop computing, Local and Wide Area Network management. Managed 4 direct and 6 indirect reports with total responsibility for 30 reports. Spearheaded operations for 200+ Windows, Netware, IBM Mid-Range (AS/400) and Unix-based server devices, 7500 desktop and portable computers for a campus environment which included 20 remote locations in a wide area network. Handled comprehensive technology planning, computing procurement, desktop and server support and operations, video conferencing, voice communications, Help Desk operations, as well as maintenance, upgrades and disaster recovery for hardware and business applications.
- Contracted with Sungard Recovery Services for IT and Business Recovery for 2 data centers, to address a disjointed Disaster Recovery Plan for IT.
- Managed all HIPAA and SOX compliance audit interface for the technology operation, interfacing with internal and external auditors.
- Deployed comprehensive data center monitoring capabilities across the enterprise through the upgrade and deployment of an infrastructure management suite. This project was projected to save $150K over 3 years, due to the elimination of unneeded redundant management applications.
- Deployed EMC Clariion SANs for hospital business unit storage, including Radiology and Cardiac units
Confidential, Secaucus, New Jersey | 1996-2004Director of Technical Services (1999-2004): Managed internal technology and data center facilities operations in a hands-on, mixed environment, consisting of IBM Mainframe, Tandem, mid-range and Windows and Unix-based client-server infrastructures. Managed all back-office systems and data communications infrastructure for server management, network connectivity and desktop environments. Managed system programming team for an IBM Mainframe environment. Executed support for mission-critical applications, including email, client facing extranet and financial systems. Supervised 15-member team.
- Managed SOX and FFIEC compliance activities, regularly interfacing with intrernal and external auditors for examinations and deliverables.
- Consolidated 200 Intel-Based Server devices down to 80 using virtuial technologies and server role consolidations; this effort saved $250K over three years
- Negotiated a Microsoft Enterprise Licensing Agreement in reponse to a non-centralized software procurement strategy. This saved NYCE $300K over a 3 year period.
Director of Business Systems (1996-1999): Originated systems and infrastructure for internal business support in newly created position at NYCE Payments, LLC. Formulated hardware, software, and networking standards for 6 locations using Windows and Novell infrastructures to support 500 employees. Established telecommunications operational and procurement protocol. Led 10-member team, tasked with overseeing internal technology and facilities operations including all back-office systems. Established and maintained an internal multi-platform operating environment including Windows, Novell Netware and Unix-based servers. Drove $250K in cost savings by eliminating redundant outsourcing expenses.
Note: Additional work history includes positions as a Manager of Information Technology. Full details are available upon request.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration w/ concentration in MIS/Marketing (Cum Laude)
Member, New Jersey Technology Council | Most Wired Hospital Award 2004, 2005TECHNICAL SKILLS
Windows 2008 Server | Cisco Network Infrastructures | Windows Vista and 7 | Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007| Network Appliance (NetApp), EMC Clariion and HP Left Hand Storage Area Networks | Altiris Desktop Management | MS SQL Server 2008 | Microsoft System Center | Symantec BackupExec and Veritas NetBackup |
Google Cloud Applications | VMWare | Citrix | Juniper SSL VPN