Over twenty years combined experience in financial statement preparation, accounting department management and implementation of mid-market accounting systems. Professional expertise in consolidated financial reporting, 10K & 10Q reporting and formulation of monthly cash flows and budgets. Well versed in accounting standards, accounting controls and month end financial reporting.
Confidential, Jericho, NY Senior Manager Nov. 2006 - Present
- Developed accounting policies and procedures as well as establish financial controls for firm's clients.
- Managed all ERP accounting system implementations and migrations for Grassi & Co; CPA's for mid-market companies in the $50 million - $300 million revenue threshold.
- Performed complex data migrations from legacy accounting systems.
- Worked with Chief Financial Officers and Controllers at various firms in designing their monthly financial reporting via Microsoft SQL queries, advanced excel reporting and internal report writer programs.
- Assisted CPA firm's clients with complete month end financial closing, monthly financial statements, and complex financial analysis preparation.
Confidential, Cranford, NJ Senior ERP Project Manager Apr. 2002 - Nov. 2006
- Responsible for creation, design, implementation and execution of all aspects of client accounting system related projects.
- Preparation and design of financial reports and accounting system workflows with client executive management.
- Review of client company policies and procedures and redesign of workflows for improved increases in productivity and performance.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ Senior Financial Consultant May 1999 - Apr. 2002
- Performed many financial data conversions from antiquated accounting systems to mid market accounting packages.
- Trained client management on accounting processes, accounting concepts and implementing financial controls.
- Made recommendations to client executive management for cost and expense reductions to maximize company profitability.
Confidential, New York Divisional Controller (contract) Oct 1998 - May 1999
- Supervised and accounting staff of (14) fourteen with direct reporting to divisional CFO.
- Prepared all financial analysis and drafted financials for 10K and 10Q reporting requirements.
- Supervised a major accounting implementation from a mainframe financial system to a new enterprise level accounting system.
- Reviewed company cash forecasts and financial reporting requirements weekly with divisional CFO.
Confidential, New York Dir. Financial Reporting Feb. 1996 - Oct. 1998
- Prepared monthly P & L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reporting for overseas subsidiaries and parent company.
- Prepared weekly Cash Flow and budget comparative analysis for executive management.
- Forma financial presentations to companies Board of Directors on all parent and subsidiary activities.
Confidential,New York, N.Y. Consulting Assignments Jan. 1993 - Feb 1996
- Bankers Trust - Assisted in the development of a new accounting system for swaps and mark to market activity in the commercial lending trading department.
- Thompson Bank Watch - Assignment was to assist the Chief Financial Officer with year-end accounting activity and closings. Prepared reconciliation analysis on all P & L activity of foreign subsidiaries along with the completion of year-end work papers.
Confidential, New York Asst. Controller Sept. 1991 - Jan. 1993
- Responsible for preparation of all audit work papers and financial statements.
- Written analytical review of all financial statement activity for executive management.
- Preparation of all financial analysis and elimination entries for parent and subsidiary quarterly SEC filings.
Confidential, New York Accounting Manager Dec. 1985 - Sept. 1991
- Prepared monthly accruals and quarterly profit and loss statements.
- Weekly analysis of profit and loss projections along with forecasting of available cash.
- Preparation of mid-year and year end financial analysis for independent auditing firm.
- Preparation of all bank and investment activity reconciliation's.
Masters of Business Administration
Concentration: Organizational Management
Bachelors of Science - Accounting
Crystal reports, Sage MAS 500 ERP, Sage MAS 200, Excel (Advanced), Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Projects, AS 400 programs, FRx, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage FAS Fixed Assets, Microsoft Access.
- Unix, C++, System Administration Certification - Pace University New York
- Certified Accounting Trainer - Sage Software MAS 500 ERP Accounting Systems