Technically sophisticated ,business-savvy, hands-on management professional with a history of leadership, strategic planning, and delivery effectiveness seeking a challenging and strategic position.20+ years of IT experience including 15+ years in Project/Program Management of infrastructure management projectswith strong customer service attitude ,application development, software development, production support and, exceptional organizational ability, communication and technical skills seeks a suitable position in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Roles of increasing responsibility as individual contributor, consultant, manager and director in business development, infrastructure management projectswith strong customer service attitude ,application development, software development, production support, hardware/software support, and project management leadership.
- Solid background in Information Technology with extensive understanding of social networking, with ability to design a cutting edge multi-faceted platform.
- Communicated effectively with internal/external clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Experience with budgeting, inventory management, and distribution knowledge.
- Managed projects on both the infrastructure and the applications side.
- Experienced in budget/forecasting principles, development processes and the resulting application/system implementations.
- Experience with global projects.
- Directing, managing, and developing program and project managers; implementing project management methodologies, Program/Project Management Offices, Project Portfolio Management solutions, toolkits, training, mentoring, coaching and quality reviews
- Many years of very successful program and project management; including application development, Sarbanes-Oxley re-engineering, CRM, ERP, network integration, data center implementations, infrastructure upgrades, business solutions and other areas.
- Proficiency with financial reporting and management, data management; and expert with Microsoft Office Suite Lotus Notes, and other PC Applications.
- Defined and implemented global/regional end user request services (catalog) and associated IT service delivery processes.
- Experience working in both a technical and non-technical capacity.
- Experience prioritizing and executing tasks in high-pressure, complex environments.
- Experience with various server migration methodologies.
- Developed and facilitated a Global Governance model, Global IT Portfolio Management to support Project Execution, Project Prioritization and Resource Management.
- Participated in Implementation of Remedy ITSM Tools Suite best practices & core processes.
- Assisted in development and execution of SOW's and contractual arrangements in support of all strategic outsourcing initiatives.
- Ensured metric/performance reporting; track Service Provider(s) performance and ensured viability of service levels.
- Experience in conducting interviews for prospective new hires.
- Defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in accordance to the scope of services being outsourced established a Service Level Agreement that would spell out the expected results for each KPI, and then monitor execution of the SLA on a frequent basis.
Master of Science Degree in Business Administration and Engineering.
Master of Science Degree in Mathematics and Physics
- Overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Software, and Application Development related projects.
- Extracted, analyzed, validated, and document end-user requirements using use cases.
- Led planning sessions and identified project objectives
- Updated status of active projects weekly in RPM (COBIT)
- Communicated project status weekly with business project team
- Assembled and managed project team to ensure deliverables remain on schedule, within scope and within budget.
- Managed project scope by enforcing change control procedures, project issues and risks.
- Prepared project status reports and presented project performance updates to Management.
- Planed and tracked budgets allocated to various tracks of work/vendors.
- Facilitated technical and architectural discussions across various technology teams to deliver on hardware/ software components that support a particular initiative.
- Monitor project results against technical specifications.
- Created strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Planned and scheduled project deliverables (requirements, technical documents, QC documents, Product Acceptance documents etc.), goals, and milestones.
Project Portfolio Manager
- Managed Portfolio Development Programs and Projects using Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server (MOPPS)
- Worked with various groups within the CEG points of contact to create, select, and plan for portfolio, program and project efforts.
- Worked closely with the director in strategizing, implementing, technology solutions for various business units to meet their individual strategic needs and business goals.
- Performed strategic technical research and analysis for future IT plans.
- Assisted in tracking project related capital budgets - ensuring project expenditures are tracked & reported against the forecasted budget.
- Participated in managing the demand and resource processes.
- Supported PMO Leadership with coordinating technology cost management and business unit allocation information in support of demand planning and resource allocation efforts.
Confidential, 3/2010- 8/2010
Business Relationship Manager / Consultant
- Provided future technology vision for the company while overseeing existing projects and working to manage and improve the IT infrastructure and business applications upon which the business depends.
- Responsible for translating business goals and objectives into effective and efficient approach.
- Participated in implementation of ITIL Service Delivery practices.
- Responsible for TCO of 17 Metro/Mega Data centers Migration.
Confidential, 11/2008- 7/2009
Manager/ PMO Consultant
- Collaborated in incorporating, developing & implementing Best-practices, processes and methodologies consistent with the ability to research, carry-out and deliver professional business assessment & GAP analysis, project management, business process re/engineering, application enhancement & modification, resolution services and full lifecycle software development services; to include practice disciplines and standardization of BPO, E-commerce, Web technologies, Information Exchange, HIPPA and Straight through Processing methodologies.
- Worked closely with senior technology and business managers across the firm regarding project status and resolution of issues requiring escalation.
- Assisted in strategic planning and implementation of due diligence systems.
- Spearheaded process improvements by conducting trend analysis of project assessment data. Conducted advanced project management training sessions, including solution-specific methodologies, project planning/control, risk management.
Confidential, 3/ 2008-7/2008
Program Manager - ITS Division-Consultant
- Responsible for Unite Here Infrastructure Implementation Project to improve the quality and the cost of the Unite Here corporate infrastructure by leveraging elements of Amalgamated Life's technical and service infrastructures.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of corporate compliance, legal requirements, policy programs, and contracts-related activities. Estimated and planned the program/project with complete assessment of all the assumptions and constraints for scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, communication, and resources
- Created an infrastructure strategy, roadmap, policies, and standards based on business plans and application requirements; syndicated with IT staff and LOB's.
- Served as the liaison betweeninternal client'sIT development teams and vendors.
Confidential, 10/ 2007-3/2008
Program/Service delivery Manager (GDX Division)- PMO Consultant
- Directed a project assessment of the interim Data Sharing Model (idem) for the GDX Department.Provided a centralized focus for organizational strategy, leadership and accountability as it relates to the project management function. Acted as a liaison between Information Technology and LOB's collaborated with diverse LOB's in functional and technical disciplines.
- Managed the transformation and transition of several mission critical applications to the 'Managed Services' organization applying the full PLC and ITIL methodologies.( Configuration Management, Incident Management ,Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management)
- Responsible for documenting and reporting of all infrastructures capital and operational expenses for assigned projects.
- Ensured that Program and Project managers deliver projects according to client and contract expectations.
- Prepared a detailed roadmap for ERP implementation in consultation with the top management. Responsible for a global compliance and risk management portfolio.
- Aligned IT organization and systems architecture to IT Governance model supporting an environment consisting of internal customer base (>3000) and budget of $10MM with application systems supporting front and back office (Finance, CRM) as well as core infrastructure (firewalls, networks) and QA change management processes opportunities with a total of 1,463 unique findings.
Confidential, 6/ 2007-10/2007
Senior Management Consultant of OTE (Operations, Technology, E-Commerce) PMC.
- Managed Infrastructure Component Monitoring Projects (Applications Environment).Developed Monitoring Requirements, Component Monitoring Standards. Customized configuration of Monitoring /Applications Tools. Developed Monitoring Procedures for the following Applications: Image Plus Workflow, MQ, CAS, Content Manager, Message Broker as well as Oracle and SQL databases.
- Identified high-level risks, (mission critical systems failure, reporting system failure), impact on a project delivery and probability of risk occurring. Established and recommended to Management contingency plans and risks mitigation strategies.
Confidential, 5/ 2005-6/2007
Director of IT
- Reporting to the Chief Information Officer for the Interline group of companies, this was a strategic role that required hands-on project management skills. It included the creation of an IT organizational structure to support the business requirements of the Interline Brands Corporation.
- Established strategic partner relationships with multiple Vendors for software and hardware upgrades. Worked with ITIL framework to write SLA's and OLA's and defined a Service Catalog; wrote process documentation; Managed Service Level Agreements (SLA) for multiple projects
- Responsible for strategic objectives such as developing and implementing policies and procedures, tracking and driving departmental goals, monitoring and reporting of departmental progression and establishing a quality focused service culture.
- Actively involved in analyzing and reviewing several large merger and acquisitions from a billing and call/data center perspective including evaluating systems alternatives and developing pricing and budget models.
- Managed operational and capital budgets, implemented a measurement and reporting system and developed strong business relationships with all departments in Interline Brands.
- Provided leadership for business processes and technology, defining direction of this systems management enterprise, while balancing financial and marketing requirements. Established strategic partner relationships with multiple Vendors
- Responsible for building a robust, secure C++ client/server E-Commerce application which handled over a million transactions per month for thousands of Interline Brands customers.
Confidential, 4/1998-5/2005 Vice President - Development, Technology Operations.
- In collaboration with the Executive Management Board and Global IT SVP's, planned, managed and implemented a series of key projects that brought continuity, increased security and efficiency, expanded global capabilities, raising the bar for IS services.
- Built and directed a highly skilled technology team comprised of more than 10 project managers and engineers working across departments to set direction, define standards, and address technical issues.
- Directly impacted the bottom line through effective planning and targeted appropriate spending to serve business continuity, risk management, and disaster recovery needs for all business Units acquisition integration into MBNA systems that delivered $4M+ in cost savings to MBNA.
- Managed Command Center Migration. (Responsible for managing project reporting, incident management, ticket resolution, overall project status from initiation to Closure.
- Charged with monthly preparation of Capacity Planning Report. Developed and proposed strategies as well as new technologies related to the future solutions in the area of accountability.
- Created business continuity and disaster recovery policies, guidelines and best practices, securing the full support of the Management Board.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, deployment & support activities of several major sales and marketing, financial information (ORACLE CRM) & portable applications; applied best program/project management practices and Good Operating
Confidential, 2/ 1993-3/1998 MIS Director
- Provided technical guidance and assistance to meet business objectives solve business problems and provide cost-effective information that would assist Mercy Health Systems in the control and support of their operating areas.
- Developed knowledge of business processes, analyzed business requirements, determined prerequisites, performed cost-benefit analysis, and facilitated formulation of technology solutions.
- Assisted the Business Operations team in identifying and implementing compliance-related continuous improvement opportunities across
VALUE ADDED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Management: Managed globally located teams of up to 25 people in a matrix-style organization, with P & L responsibilities up to $10 million. Personnel management included recruiting, mentoring, salary planning, training plans, goal setting, and performance management. P & L responsibilities included business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Interacted with CIO, CFO, and other senior management in order to understand and deliver quality services to the organization, its customers and its suppliers.
- Managed day-to-day operations including regular reporting, as well as updates during periods of problem remediation.
- Program/Project/Portfolio Management: Developed and managed program offices using formal project methodologies, to implement, enhance and support IT applications, ensuring the on-time delivery of quality initiatives. Utilized best practices that allowed for the successful management of customer expectations.
- Ability to break large initiatives into distinct, manageable bodies of work and track progress, including delivery experience in identifying early high-risk blocking factors and developing mitigation strategies to ensure timely and reliable solution delivery.
- Ability to lead others in the management of related projects that deliver benefits and capabilities that the organization can utilize to sustain, enhance and deliver organizational goals.
- Developed project strategy documents, project ROI documentation, and established project management process to avoid having to continue to rescue projects for multi-year initiatives.
- Data Centers, Call Centers: Years of experience in IT field (Voice, Video, Data, Wireless, Help Desk, Customer Support Videoconferencing systems, Networks, and Call Center). Knowledge of virtualization (VMware), SAN, Blades, Cisco, Checkpoint, WAN/LAN/VLAN networks with the expected security & data center technologies
- Consultant of Mergers and Integrations of Banking Institutions such as Core States Bank, MBNA AMERICA and Wachovia Bank including Data Centers Relocations, Add-on's, Moves, and Changes.
- IT Project Manager for Contact /Call Centers build-out and relocation. Capability to achieve goals and objectives through strategic planning and implementation within prescribed time frames.
- Managed Data/Call centers, PBXs/Voice TDM/VoIP Networks for businesses in such industries as: Banking, Healthcare, Hospitality, Information Technology, Insurance, and Finance
- Process Improvement - Ability to identify areas where refined processes or organizational definitions would yield lower costs or better service. Worked closely with LOB's to identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Client Services: Managed and controlled the coordination of all customer service efforts for Enterprise internal and external clients.
- Vendor/Partner/Line Management: Managed relationships with external vendor partners, from small private firms to Fortune 500 companies.
- Worked with internal IT development and business line managers to ensure proper resource planning and scheduling to meet key deliverables. Prepared requests for quotes, reviewed proposals and awarded vendor contracts. Maintained and tracked physical assets in excess of $3 million.
- Relationship Building - Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers in IT, PMO, business units, customers and vendors. Ability to influence others to meet objectives.
- Analytical - Ability to analyze project requests, defining technical requirements, and execute on design.
- Communication - Effective oral and written communication skills. Exceptional with client and partner meetings.
- Business Analysis - Ability to think conceptually and innovatively. Can successfully translate abstract ideas into structured analysis.
- Quality Assurance: Performed on-site analysis of corporate project initiatives, enhancing standards and ensuring profitability.
- Developed standards for QA reviews, to include scope of engagement, process, notification, and findings documents.
- Effective Project Delivery via Embracing Technology: Ensured accurate, high quality standardized Resource Staffing Plans following the PMO Financial Management and Resource Management processes
- Adhered to the standard PMO Risk Management Process to ensure the appropriate level of risk has been identified and is mitigated within the overall project plan. Ensured alignment with IT Compliance standards, including Internal Audit, Sox, and Business Framework
- Professional Qualities - Discretion; solid problem-solving skills; highly organized; effective in high-pressure situations; adaptive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; team player with a personable yet professional image.
- Technical-Adobe, Visio, Web Development, Product & Content Development, Data center migrations, RFP Response & Development, Procurement, Risk Management, Security Compliance, Information Assurance (SOX), (HIPPA),ECM, BPO, CRM, ERP, Managed Services, Technology Audits, Data Migration & Mapping, Workflow Automation .MS-Project, MS-Office, MS-Exchange Mercury Quality Center, Lotus Notes and Primavera ,PPM Clarity, REMEDY, Rational Unified Process, ITIL, Six Sigma.
Detailed resume and Contact information for references available upon request.