Informational Technology professional with enterprise wide experience in planning, design and development of complex hardware and software solutions for Netware, NT Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003, Unix, Oracle, Linux, Electronic Messaging, Microsoft BackOffice, NT Workstation, Windows XP and Windows 9x environments. Thoroughly versed in all aspects of project management (planning, development of design/integration, and implementation).
- Performed analysis of new technology and developed implementation methodologies.
- Brought projects from proof-of-concept through production implementation.
- Managed multiple high profile projects simultaneously.
- Negotiated an on-site Windows 2000 training program that saved the company $100,000.
Confidential,Consultant for Confidential, May 2008 – December 2008
- Installed SharePoint Servers MOSS including Farms for Collaboration Support.
- Documentation of all procedures for SharePoint.
- Responsible for the Incident Queue at Northwestern.
- Solved problems for XP, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio.
- Responsible for LiveMeeting. Check the Portal for LiveMeeting daily to make sure we don\'t have any outages.
Confidential,Validation Engineer November 2007 – February 2008
- Drove testing in web-based systems, including client-server applications.
- Knowledge in WiFi\\Wireless, LAN and WLAN including installation of CAT6 cabling.
- Generated test cases, test procedures and executed problem analysis and problem reporting.
- Responsible for Network Infrastructure Administration and maintained Network Infrastructure Design.
Inside Sales – Account Manager August 2007 – September 2007
- Trained as a Account Manager to provide technical sales, bid, and contract support.
Confidential,Computer Lab Aide August 2006 – June 2007
- Expert level IT/ Systems experience.
- Strong relationship building skills across the school district.
- Provided new technologies including both hardware and software in a project management role.
- Implemented technology solutions for students.
Confidential,Account Executive March 2006 – August 2006
- Trained for Senior Analyst to travel, evaluate and maximize cost efficiency within small and medium sized firms.
Confidential,November 2005 – February 2006
- Installed PC’s and trained new users and small business on software and applications.
Confidential, October 2005 – November 2005
A business specializing in Satellite Dishes.
- Responsible for selling and implementing Voice over IP for Kohl’s nationwide.
- Responsible for implementing iDirect 3000 and 5000 series Satellite Routers.
- Implemented Red Hat Linux 9 for the LAN (Local Area Network).
Confidential,May 2005 – July 2005
A business consulting company specializing in publications.
- Responsible for preparation of all Customer Unit desktop environments to be ready for AD (Active Directory) and Exchange migration.
- Coordinated desktop, workstation resources at Customer Units.
- Directed multiple desktop tech teams to install new images utilizing Alteris and Ghosting, apply patches and make OS and application setting changes to meet requirements for the migration to AD and Exchange implementation Windows 2003.
- Created site matrix and scheduled migration tasks using SharePoint, SQL queries and Microsoft Project 2003.
- Developed Visio diagrams to represent the change to AD and Exchange 2003 in the environment.
Confidential, July 2003 – December 2004
A business consulting company specializing in law firms.
- Responsible for network planning, startup, migration, upgrades and support for Novell, Microsoft, networking, and Unix/Linux network environments from peer-to-peer to multi-server environments.
- Implemented Exchange 5.5 for mail migration.
- Managed network cable project. Work with cabling contractors to spec out the design, and manage work from permits to certification and vendor guarantees. Responsible for wiring closet and setting up servers and workstations.
- Worked with end users re their desktops.
- Documented update processes re login to their workstations and mail.
- Created site matrix and scheduled migration tasks using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
Confidential, March 2002 – June 2003
A business-consulting firm serving educational institutions and government agencies.
Network Administration Consultant
- Designed all aspects of setting up Exchange 2000 mail server utilizing Active Directory (AD) for internal and external employees including SMTP, POP3 and calendaring functionality.
- Coordinated the implementation and configuration of the Cisco Router and Cisco Concentrator for a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Installed Symantec virus protection for server and workstations.
- Responsible for defining enterprise server and workstation configuration standards.
- Implemented Veritas 8.6 back up on Windows 2000 server, including establishing a retention plan and a regular back-up schedule.
Confidential, August 1996 – December 2001
An Insurance holding company with property-casualty and life insurance companies as primary subsidiaries.
Systems Engineering - (2000- 2001)
Managed the planning and design phase for an enterprise wide implementation of Windows 2000 including Active Directory in approximately 123 branches located world-wide with a budget of $114 million over 3 years.
- Prepared and delivered project presentations to executive management.
- Responsible for creating an Advanced Security Framework.
- Migrated and consolidated 1200 Netware File and Printer Server 3.12 to 400 servers.
- Managed and contributed to day-to-day team tasks and resource requirements which led to an information technology architecture and strategic plan aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Chaired coordination meetings for various departments during the scope of the project.
- Developed and maintained the project plans, resulting in an overall master project plan.
- Identified project risks, issues and developed mitigation plans with team leaders.
- Monitored and reported progress and decisions to management.
- Coordinated the plans for Infrastructure, AD (Active Directory) Security, Microsoft .Net and Desktop with the program deliverables.
- Responsible for the completion of the desktop load, desktop management processes, and software distribution deliverables enabling rapid deployment of workstations.
- Provided solid vendor management in order to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in emerging technologies.
- Negotiated and managed an on-site Windows 2000 training program for a project team of 30 engineers that resulted in substantial cost savings.
Senior Systems Architect – Systems Manager (1998 – 2000)
Initiated, managed and implemented projects that significantly improved technology department operations.
- Acted as Project Leader to define, engineer and manage high profile projects including Microsoft Outlook/Exchange 5.5, Public Folders, IMS, Thin Client and Intel Server Consolidation and SMS.
- Coordinated and managed 17 information technology projects for the implementation of Citrix Winframe and Microsoft Terminal Server/Metaframe as a supported ITD Technology Architecture Standard for CNA.
- Managed critical projects for Y2K that resulted in a flawless operation.
Technology Strategy Specialist (1996 – 1998)
Coordinated and managed the development and implementation of a new e-mail platform.
- Responsible for planning, designing and directing the e-mail platform from MSMail to Microsoft Exchange/Outlook for 28,000+ users.
- Led customer meetings with executives to present Exchange/Outlook strategy and to gain stakeholder approval of the value of the new e-mail platform.
Confidential, February 1994 – December 1996
RF Administrator (1994 – 1996)
- Configured and installed all server hardware (Compaq\'s, IBM ThinkPad’s, SUN and Gateway) for use with Novell, Solaris and Windows NT operating systems.
- Developed and coordinated software training program for the Engineering Department.
Helpline Specialist (1994)
- Participated as a team member in the conversion from LAN Server to Novell NetWare 3.12 for 400 users located at the corporate headquarters.
- Participated in upgrading 4MB/s Token Ring Network to 16MB/s.
- Provided technical assistance for hardware and software issues to approximately 400 users.
Hardware: Compaq 1600, 2500, 4500, 5000, and 5500. Compaq Deskpro 4000, IBM PS2/80, IBM X 250 Series, Toshiba Tecra 560, 8000, IBM ThinkPad, IBM NetVista
Network topologies: Novell, Windows NT, Ethernet, Token Ring, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSL, DNS
Programming Languages: Significant exposure in: SQL, COBOL, C++, Pascal, Fortran
Software: Knowledge and experience in Windows NT (Workstation/Server), Windows 95/98, WordPerfect, DOS, Solaris 2.4 and Solaris 2.5, Norton Utilities, SMS, Outlook 97 (16/32 bit), Microsoft Office 97/98/2000/2003, MSMail 3.12, Microsoft Exchange 5.0/5.5, Adobe ImageReady 7.0.1, Novell Network 3.11/4.11, Windows 2000/XP Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Active Directory, Windows 2003 Active Directory, Microsoft .Net, Alteris, Ghost, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Visio, SQL, Unix, Linux, SharePoint 2007 MOSS including Farms.
Business skills and training include: Leadership and Project Management, W2000 Professional, W2000 Server, W2000 Networking Infrastructure Admin, W2000 Directory Services Infrastructure, W2000 Proxy Server 2.0, W2000 Directory Services Design, W2000 Migrating NT 4.0 to W2000, and W2003, Oracle DB
Degree: BS Computer Science