Summary of Qualifications
- More than 10 years of experience in various medical settings state side and overseas.
- Remarkable ability to work independently and as part of a team when required.
- Great ability to educate, demonstrate, and teach the new technologies.
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and written with great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Performs triage of acute patients and coordinates initial bed assignments with staff.
- Consults clinical staff to establish patient placement within facility and organizes external transports.
- Performs rapid assessments of critical patients, stabilizes traumas, and responds to injuries in facility.
- Monitors patients, records data in electronic medical charts using IBEX/Siemens Soarian, and notifies physician of significant changes.
- Assists physicians in bedside procedures, performs wound care, phlebotomy, and other various procedures.
- Administers bedside medications, orders medications from pharmacy, and operates Pyxis system.
- Performs patient'seducation, facilitates communication, anddischarge procedures.
Hospital Corpsman Active Duty Reserve
- Provides strategic planning, medical resource allocation, and coordination of personnel.
- Supervises operations of walk-in,scheduled appointments, and emergent patients.
- Responsible for conducting training sessions with junior staff to maintain mandatory training compliance.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Responds on scene, directs care, and provides treatments stabilizing patients in route to facilities.
- Successfully managed EMS staff as shift supervisor, by scheduling work hours, overseeing patient care, and assigning ambulance crew members.