LAN Management / Technical Administration
More than six years of experience managing and administering a complex local area network. Assumed total responsibility for documentation including cabling layouts , analysis of network needs, design of network architecture, security including virtual private networks , communications, software applications, electronic mail, printing services, outside communication links, UPS service, scheduling services, software license administration,
Fileservices, NOS service, and backup services including VERITAS and Quinetex. Network services include Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP/ 2000 / NT4 / 98 / 95 file / print / Web / domain / workstation services, NetWare 6 / 5 file / print / object services, NDS Administration for Novell including Console One, Windows 2000 file / print / object services, Active Directory for Windows 2000/2003/2008 server. DOS 6.0 file services, DNS / e-mail / Web services, Lotus Domino R5 Application Server, Sonic wall Virtual Private Network access, Support and maintenance of Network Operation Center NOC including all Windows, Novell, AS400,and IBM RS 6000 servers and mainframes .Installation and administration of Live Communications Server 2005 for unified communications along with Exchange 2003/2007.Checkpoint
Well-developed skills in system installation and maintenance, including the configuration, repair, and replacement of internal and external components motherboards, processors, memory, video cards, modems, NICs, sound cards, IDE hard drives, floppy drives, CD-ROM drives, CD-RW drives, and SCSI tape drives. Trader support devices include Palm pilots and Black Berry devices.
User Support and Training
More than 14 years' experience providing services and end-user support for Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Outlook Express, Sonic wall VPN Client, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Microsoft Project 2002, Corel WordPerfect v.10,, Adobe Illustrator v.11, Adobe Photoshop v.9, StarOffice 5.2, FileMakerPro 5.0., Microsoft Office XP/ 2000, Lotus Notes Ver. 6 /5, GroupWise 6 /5 /4, Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2000 and 2003 2007.
- Dedicated manager with strong work ethic and the ability to build lasting client relationships.
- Experienced in operations management, sales, budget development, staffing and cost control.
- Adept at communicating effectively with customers, vendors and staff.
- Able to motivate employees to perform to their maximum potential.
Onshore Team LeadAccenture/Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Supporting Takeda Pharmaceuticals Exchange 2010 infrastructure environment as well as the
- Blackberry Enterprise environment and support of HighAvailability Disaster Recovery architecture
- for the firm. Messaging Exchange Administrator providing support for all Exchange 2010
- Enterprise Corporate email and continued migration of Exchange 2003 servers to 2010.
- Overall support of emailissues with user mailbox configuration, implementation and support to user
- access to the messaging infrastructure. Setting ITL standardsfor proper escalations to management.
- Procurement of all hardware software budgets for Takeda corporate OverseeOffshoreservice desk
- team of 5 in India for issues resolution and escalations.
MicrosoftExchange 2010 Enterprise Team led
- Messaging Exchange Administrator providing support for all Exchange 2010 Enterprise Corporate email BPOS
- and Lotus Notes 8.5 email issues with user mailbox configuration, implementation and support to user access to the
- enterprise in the cloud. Supporting Active Directory, SharePoint, Microsoft Live Meeting, Microsoft LYNC,
- Blackberry Enterprise Administration,Forefront Identity Manager Suite, Service-Now and administration of Exchange
- using scripting with PowerShell 2.0
ABN Amro Clearing contractor
- On site Windows Network manager supporting the IT infrastructure with server, desktop and trading application
- including the Trading Technologies platform version of X Trader. Responsible for all network functions configuring
- Windows 2003 servers. Resolution of all desktop issues bothhardware and software. Configuring
- MS SharePoint 2005/2007, MS Exchange 2003, MS IIS, VERITAS Backup Exec, Arch serve,
- Symantec Antivirus Enterprise, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Office Communicator 2007, and
- Configuration of remote access and RSA VPN token security. Support and configuration of Avaya
- and Cisco phone systems using Cisco Unity call manager.
Network Manager-Microsoft Windows
- for 1 nationwide presentation Services firm comprising
- over 3000 employeeswith a global footprint in the audiovisual/presentation service market.
- Supporting VMWARE ESX, managing VM environment of 150 plus VM's, supporting Microsoft CRM,
- Share Point 2007Exchange 2007, Windows Servers 2003 and 2008, Office Communication sever 2007,
- Systems Configuration Manager SCOM , Systems Center Configuration Manager SCCM , FTP support,
- Windows XP Windows 7,Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, EMC SAN and all networkrelated issues
- including allsoftware and hardware infrastructure, backups /disaster recoveryActiveDirectory, DNS,
- Group Policy, WSUS deployment planning and resolving all 3rd level support issues for helpdesk and support technicians'.
Exchange Administrator-Team Lead/Windows ServerManager
- Administrative lead /manager for Investment firm's e-mail system providing overall support for both Chicago and
- San FranciscoExchange2003/2007/2010e-mail systems, supporting over 600 users. Configuration of 2
- node clusters providing fault tolerance and redundancy and fail-safe for e-mail 24/7 operations, conforming
- withcompliance responsibilities for SEC.Responsibilities include monitoring, disaster recovery, creation
- andmanagement of user accounts, security, management of public folders and overall performance of
- Exchange 2003/2007systems. Configured and migrated e-mail systems from Exchange 2000 to Exchange
- 2003 as well as migrating servers from Novell to Microsoft Windows 2003 for Chicago/SanFrancisco
- Offices.Decision making regarding upgrades for server hardware and software, network performance and
- network hubs and switches.Configuration and setup of WSUS Windows Update Server to deploy
- Microsoft Updates to all domain computers. Configuration and deployment of VMware creating
- virtualization of servers and desktops maintaining images for disaster recovery. Installation and
- administration of Live Communications Server2005 providing presence and implementing Office
- Communicator for messaging within the firm enhancing unified communications and installed Voice over IP
- for integrated voice messaging with Office Communication server. Installed Cisco equipment for VOIP
- service.Other responsibilities include backupsupport for help desk, and implementing newtechnologies to
- meet trader and userexpectations. Supported application include, Bloomberg, Reuters,'Smartstation,
- Windows XP, VERITASBackup Exec, Microsoft Communications Server 2005, Microsoft SharePoint,
- Microsoft Operation Manager, ISandSQL.
- Responsible for all network functions configuring Windows 2003 servers, Standard and SBS Small Business
- Servers. Resolvingall desktop issues both hardware and software. Configuring MS SharePoint, MS Exchange 2003,
- MS IIS,VERITAS Backupexec, Arch serve, Symantec Antivirus Enterprise, remote access and VPN. Installation of
- all networkrouters switches and firewalls. Decision making for purchase of all client hardware and software.
- Working with OEM's to troubleshoot all issues related to IT. Installation and Configuration of MS Exchange for e-
- mail access. Installation and administration of Live Communications Server 2005 for presence and internal
- communications. Configuration andinstallation of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Terminal Server, replication,
- adding and configuring user accounts. Dealingwith all client issues in person and over the phone.
Network Administrator Contractor
- Responsible for supporting MeetMe, SCG, SCG Lite, SVG, and Teleworkers 24x7x365.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and troubleshooting video-conferences 24x7x365.
- Global Account Creation for MeetMe and SCG. User training, Database Maintenance, Crisis Management
- Password Recovery, Create MeetMe COD bookings. Administration and support of audio conferencing service.
- Administration and support of Microsoft Exchange configuring and troubleshooting SCG Lite remote application
- through dial-up and VPN connections. Configuration of Windows 2000 and Windows XP workstations to resolve
- communication and software conflicts for Citrix Metaframe clients. Support of Citrix Metaframe servers. Support of
- Windows 2003 Servers and Active Directory Administration. Administration of RSA secure servers. Measure
- system performance against service levels and produce regular reports. Liaise with supplier Spectel to log and
- monitor system failures.
XP Migration Engineer Team Lead short term contractor
- Led technicians with support and configuration of XP migration project pre and post in the transition of
- 16000 laptops, migrating from Windows 2000 to Windows XP, Configuration of automated backup and
- progress replacing hard drives,preserving data for emergency restores and performing QA per KPMG
- standards. Responsibilities included assisting other techs to resolve issues and handling special
- needs and VIP user migrations. Configuration of audio visual equipment for conference room meetings.
- Support of video and phone conferences using net meeting and
- troubleshooting conference issues with equipment.