Ex-Big 5 consultant looking to leverage over ten years experience in programming, ERP packages, upgrades, and life-cycle system implementation to obtain a technical PeopleSoft position.
- PeopleTools v7.0 through v8.49: PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Workflow
- ERP Packages: PeopleSoft HCM v7.0/7.5/8.0/8.8/8.9, Community Portal v8.8, Financials v8.4, EPM/Budgeting v8.8, CRM v8.8
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
- Software Packages: JBuilder3, HTML tools, SQL Plus, Crystal Reports, Mercury TestDirector, Mercury Quick Test Professional, Authoria
- Methodologies: System Management Methodology (SMM), Structured Program Design and Testing (SPDT), Object-Oriented Program Design and Testing (OOPDT)
Sr. Independent PeopleSoft Consultant - Philadelphia, PA, November 2005 - Current
- Acted as primary technical Subject Matter Expert for implementation of PeopleSoft HCM v8.9 system. Served as key conversion team member in charge of Benefits and Payroll conversion effort. Developed multiple Application Engine conversion programs leveraging Component Interfaces.
- Worked with functional analysts and end users to develop multiple online customizations, reports, and interfaces for HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Recruiting.
- Utilized XML Publisher to deliver real-time reports independent of the Process Scheduler.
- Performed technical analysis and development for customization of self-service eProfile, ePay, and eBenefits modules including implementation of Workflow.
- Served as technical analyst/developer for production support of PeopleSoft HCM v8.9 system. Enhanced system through numerous HR/Payroll/Benefits online customizations, reports, and interfaces.
- Designed and developed custom bolt-on Employee Review module for 500+ managers within PeopleSoft utilizing PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, and Crystal Reports.
- Created custom employee self-service pages for W2 Reissue Requests and Commission Payment Details. Resulted in vast reduction of Payroll customer service requests.
- Performed analysis and development for interface with Aetna, eliminating need for manual maintenance of benefits enrollments.
- Acted as primary technical analyst/developer for production support of PeopleSoft CRM v8.8 system. Completed numerous online customizations and Application Engine interfaces.
- Analyzed and tuned performance of existing Application Engine batch interfaces that extract data from legacy Vantive system.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA, February 2002 - November 2005
Sr. Internal Consultant
Sr. Technical Developer, PeopleSoft HCM v7.5 to 8.8 Upgrade and v8.8 to 8.9 Upgrade
- Performed technical upgrade steps during multiple test moves to production utilizing Upgrade Assistant. Coordinated with PeopleSoft Upgrade lab to complete Initial Upgrade technical steps.
- Led analysis, design and construction effort of online and batch components. Retrofitted 150+ reports/interfaces and 50+ on-line customizations.
- Analyzed vanilla and full compare reports to identify customizations to decommission.
Technical Lead and Sr. Technical Developer, PeopleSoft v8.8 Community Portal implementation
- Technical Lead on implementation aggregating content from HCM, CRM, and Financials. Initial phases of rollout included eProfile, ePay, eManager's Desktop, eBenefits, Expenses, HR Helpdesk, and integration with Authoria.
- Coordinated requirements gathering, design, and development effort. Developed and managed cutover plan resulting in successful rollout to 6000+ users.
- Designed and implemented multi-environment security synchronization strategy utilizing Integration Broker and Application Messaging.
- Customized delivered self service functionality based on business requirements, including configuration of Workflow components.
Testing Lead and Sr. Technical Analyst, PeopleSoft EPM/Budgeting v8.8 SP2 Upgrade
- Lead testing effort for compressed testing schedule that operated 24 hours a day and through weekends. Defined and tracked overall testing plan.
- Performed numerous functional testing tasks and served as technical analyst.
- Defined and coordinated performance testing for project.
Operations Lead and Sr. Technical Analyst/Developer, Production Support
- Facilitated issue resolution and acted as primary liaison in a multi-vendor environment. Acted as gatekeeper and coordinated approvals from multiple business areas for items migrating to production.
- Presented product status and direction on a quarterly basis to senior IT management. Maintained knowledge of PeopleSoft product line and provided consulting services to planning discussions.
- Served as primary technical analyst/developer for HCM, Expenses, and EPM/Budgeting. Completed numerous online customizations, custom reports/interfaces, mass data updates, and integrations between systems.
Confidential, New York, NY, November 1998 - September 2000
San Jose, CA, September 2000 - February 2002
Subject Matter Expert and Technical Consultant, Confidential
- Technical Subject Matter Expert and integral team member on PeopleSoft v8.0 HRMS implementation (HR, Base Benefits, and Payroll Interface modules) at an investment management firm.
- Responsible for technical Quality Assurance of designed and constructed programs.
- Designed, coded, and unit tested complex PeopleCode and SQR programs to satisfy HR, Benefits, and Payroll functional requirements.
- Customized on-line system through use of Application Designer development tool. Surveyed users for usability of finished product.
- Conducted meetings with client functional Subject Matter Experts to determine and document functional requirements for designs of reports, interfaces, and system modifications.
Subject Matter Expert and Technical Consultant, Informatica - client
- Involved in analysis, design, and creation of standard PeopleSoft extracts for a premier data warehousing ETL (extract-transform-load) vendor. Tool enabled the vendor to broaden their organization by extending their data warehousing capabilities to include pre-packaged business application solutions.
- Served as the PeopleSoft Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the project. Configured local installation of PeopleSoft on SQL Server platform. Acted as sole resource for technical and functional PeopleSoft design issues.
- Aided client project manager and ETL developers by documenting PeopleSoft data structures and table relationships.
Technical Consultant and Team Lead, Confidential
- Involved in construction, testing, and implementation phases of the largest PeopleSoft human resource system implementation on a Windows NT platform (HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Pension modules).
- Lead a 6-person team that performed the testing effort for benefits Voice Response Unit (VRU).
- Designed, constructed, and tested SQR interfaces for the Legacy to PeopleSoft payroll reconciliation effort. Performed sole technical support during user acceptance testing.
- Provided on-site support at benefits service center during go-live and post implementation.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC, June 1995 - September 1997
Consulting Engineer Charlotte, NC, September 1997 - November 1998
- Performed design, project management, and on-site engineering duties for construction of 30,000 feet of 36 in. diameter water main for the City of Wilmington, NC. Recommended construction change orders resulting in $250,000 savings.
- Utilized distribution modeling software to analyze water system for the City of Hendersonville, NC. Proposed additions and enhancements to existing system to improve operational efficiency.
- PeopleSoft: PeopleTools I & II, PeopleCode, SQR, Application Engine, Workflow, Integration Tools (Component Interface, Integration Broker, Application Messaging), General Ledger, EPM/Budgeting
Bachelor of Science, Civil/Environmental Engineering
Available upon request.