- PeopleSoft\Hyperion Functional Consultant and has 12 years of IT and Business Analyst Experience.
- Well versed in both Functional domains as well as Technical areas of PeopleSoft Financials 8.4 through 9.1 Versions.
- Hyperion Planning and Budgeting 9.3.1 ,Workforce & Essbase 11.3 & 9.3.1
- Key expertise in analyzing legacy Finance and budgeting systems.
- Diverse industry experience including Publishing, Insurance, IT consulting & eBusiness.
- Adding Scrum Methodology and approach to varied projects.
- Well versed in moving manual business processes to PeopleSoft & Hyperion Systems.
- Successfully leading a team and delivering successful implementation and support projects.
- Expertise in bringing structure to project support and implementation processes
- Accomplished to bring down budgetary admin costs and introduced budgeting forecasts.
- Interfacing and integrating PeopleSoft & Hyperion systems to any complex external systems.
- Lead the Expense and Accounts payables modules implementation against challenging timelines.
- Possess strong PS and Hyperion technical knowledge.
- Expertise in preparing Design specifications and Functional specifications.
- Conducting end user training and testing sessions.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with excellent communication and leadership skills, along with the ability to develop creative solutions against challenging timelines. Core strengths include decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- PeopleSoft Modules : Purchasing, Accounts Payables, Travel & Expenses ,Project Costing, Contracts, Billing, eProcurement, Inventory , GL and Accounts Receivables-Versions 8.4 through 9.1
- Hyperion: Planning and Budgeting 9.3.1 ,Workforce 9.3.1
- Essabse 11.3 & 9.3.1, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Web Analysis Studio.
- PeopleSoft Skills – People Tools 8.43 to 8.50 versions, Application Designer, Peoplecode, Reports, PeopleTools, Application Engine, Workflow, SQR, Query Manager, Nvision and Component Interface.
- Version Control – STAT.
- Clarify Ticketing System, Mecury Quality Center and Quick Test Pro
- Databases - MS SQL Server 2000, Oracle and DB2 Ver 7/8/10.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Peoplesoft and Lead Business Analyst
Confidential is a local market place for buy and share things and offers the best deals in every local market. Also helps local businesses grow by introducing them to high quality customers. Based in Washington DC the company has about 70 million members around the world. Heading the PeopleSoft team and working as lead Business Analyst across all financial modules. Supporting and implementing PeopleSoft projects locally and for all Confidential subsidiaries across the world.
- Key role in the main companywide implementation of PeopleSoft financials and setting up business processes to move from a Quick Books based financial system
- Established and heading the PeopleSoft team for support and implementation of new roll outs.
- Heavily experienced in Accounts payables and the current integration with the internal systems helps put back additional 1M back to the company every period
- Lead Business Analyst for all the international roll outs and expertise in dealing with multiple Business Units and currencies
- Set up all Payables processes for merchant payments and Accounting processes for month end close.
- Integration of several Ruby based internal systems to Peoplesoft.
- Handling multiple projects against challenging timelines, supporting the production systems and working on other subsidiary roll outs.
- Implemented the Peoplesoft bank reconciliation process and also set up month end cash reconciliation processes that helped the team to reconcile to the penny and close the books in a week.
- Handled several complicated and challenging scenarios that had great impact on the company.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Lead Business Analyst
Confidential is one of the leading DNS Company with Carrier services like Numbering, Order Management & IP and Enterprise services like Internet Infrastructure & Registry Services. Worked as Lead Business Analyst for integrating PeopleSoft financial data into Essbase for various Financial reporting needs.
- Handling integration of PeopleSoft Financials data to Hyperion Essbase 11.3.1
- Analysis and requirement gathering of huge 7-8 Business units of Project Costing data transactions
- Created an Essbase Cube for Project Costing Actuals data for the FP&A department
- Created a forecast cube with Projects and several attributes for executive reporting
- Analysis of PeopleSoft PO-Voucher data for period end Accrual fall outs
- Mark up of PO reports to the Vice President and implementing the same in Essbase
- Determining Dimensions and creating Outline for complex and varied data from several systems
- Creating and tracking the Essbase cube efforts via MS Project Plan
- Creating Instruction manuals, requirement & design documents.
- Coordinating UAT and Super user training sessions
Confidential, Washington, DC
Confidential is the largest independent publisher of information and analysis products for professionals in business and government. Worked as a Business Analyst for several projects in Confidential ’s Financial IT Implementation & Support group.
9.1 PeopleSoft Financials Implementation
- Key role in requirement gathering for Confidential business process re engineering across all modules.
- Designing Project Chart fields and re design of GL Chart fields by adding Product CF.
- Analysis of delta functionality required for Confidential from 8.9 to 9.1 versions.
- Successfully cleaned up all data synchronous issues in 8.9 Financials for a seamless conversion to 9.1.
- Complete configuration of Expenses and Accounts Payables.
- Handled complete feasibility study of implementing Contracts module.
- Gathering requirements and IT projects analysis for Project Costing implementation.
- Designing interfaces for Project costing budgeting and Hyperion Budgeting.
- Determine Analysis Types, Rate types, Accounting templates and Project Budgeting.
- Designing interfaces to Ceridian-HR system, GTS- AR system, Expense –AMEX card transactions and Subscriber refunds etc.
- Analysis of Confidential 8.9 customizations and looking for out of box solutions in 9.1
- Fit Gap analysis on Purchasing and Inventory modules.
Confidential Subsidiary Project
- Converting Confidential Subsidiary’s (IOMA, Kennedy, STF & Confidential International ) financial systems to PeopleSoft
- Successfully analyzed their current finance applications Quick Books, Quicken, Maxi, Milli etc and generating process flow diagrams for PS implementation.
- Conducting requirement & interface sessions for the users.
- Analyzing subsidiaries subsystems like AP, Billing & Invoicing.
- Facilitating Chart Of Accounts users sessions and reporting functionality
- Converting Vendor and AP transactions
- 1099 and ACH Payments Implementation
Travel and Expense Module Implementation
Lead Business Analyst
PeopleSoft Expense 8.9 module implementation to replace the manual employee expense reimbursement process.
- Successfully moved Confidential from manual employee compensation process to PS- Expense
- Determining Expense types, Expense Accounts, Expense Approval process for Confidential .
- Configuring the complete Expense module for the implementation.
- Interfacing Confidential employee data from their Ceridian System (HR-System)
- Interfacing American Express Credit card transactions into My Wallet.
- Designing Payment schedules, GL exports and expense security.
- Designing AP\EX\GL related Sqr reports.
- Handling a team of developers and users
- Handling Expense module training to the users.
Hyperion Planning & Budgeting Implementation
- Converted Confidential ’s manual Budget process to Hyperion budgeting and reporting.
- Enabling Budget dept to finish the whole budgeting process in a week’s time as compared to a month.
- Introducing quarterly and rolling 18 months forecasts.
- Writing requirements for the implementation.
- Analyzing the required Dimensions, Business rules and forms
- Analyzing the budgeting reports to be built using the Financial reporting
- Devising the interface model with PS GL system.
- Interfacing Workforce with Confidential Ceridian- HR system
- Understanding the Guild rules and configuring them into Workforce.
- Generating Rules Files & ETL’s to load from PS to Hyperion all the dimension & transaction data.
- Worked on the custom Essbase App –FINRPT built exclusively for Financial reporting.
Implementing Scrum (Agile) Methodology to Projects
- Key resource in implementing Scrum methodology to Water Fall projects
- Designing Sprint’s, Sprint planning sessions and Sprint retrospective sessions.
- Converting existing projects requirements to User Stories and assigning Story Points
- Tracking Story execution in Mercury Quality Center and generating Burn Down Charts for Management reporting.
- Successfully implemented Sales Compensation Project using Scrum Methodology from scratch to finish.
Financials Upgrade Project from 8.4 to 8.9
Financial Upgrade Project from 8.4 to 8.9, for Inventory, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger.
- Performing gap analysis for all the above mentioned modules between the versions 8.4 and 8.9.
- Creating detail design specifications & configuring -Inventory, PO, AP and GL modules as per client requirements.
- Configuring new features in 8.9 like Single Payment Vendors /vouchers in AP, Fulfillment process, PO Workbench, Po dispatch through email for the client to avoid creating one time vendors.
- Customizing Confidential specific outbound and inbound interfaces like External Pay.
- Analyzed and approved the QA and UAT test plans, solved the bugs out of QA testing.
- Handling all upgrade related training and documentation
One Globe Financials Production Support and Enhancement
Confidential, Foxboro, MA
Project Description: One Globe Financials is live and undergoing further enhancements. Was part of Helpdesk, which is the key production support team with Bearing Point.
- Handling all priority functional tickets of GL, Project Costing, Contracts, Travel& Expenses, AP and Billing.
- Key resource in handling all Project rate template issues.
- Establishing data connectivity between TimenX and Peoplesoft.
- Data interface of Projects and Travel& Expense through PC EX TO PC
- Gathering requirements and configured the PS system for few new Contracts and Projects.
- Running the Billing Interface, Pc Ex To Pc and Pc Pricing jobs.
- User training on the current system functioning.