Dynamic leader with 21+ years IT Experience in Telecom, Software Engineering, Retail, eCommerce, Utilities, Networks and Storage, coaching teams, enabling and empowering them through difficult situations and developing their skills. Founder & Executive for three Startups (Service Retail, Patented Highly - Efficient Electric Motor / Generator, eCommerce)
Management | Managing Managers | Product Management | Program Management | PM Cert | CSM | Management of Tech support | Lead by example | Process improvement | P&L | ROI | Translating Business Requirements to Functional Specs | Business Planning /Analysis | Creative Problem Solving | Coach | Mentor | Positive and Productive Team Building | Customer Centric | Resourceful | Roadmap | Staff Development| Cloud | eCommerce | Processes, Tools and Metrics | Change Management | Vendor Management | Agile / SCRUM
Confidential, Renton, WA
Principle product manager ( Consultant)
- Based on relationship and anticipated business obtain free one-month master-level training for staff. This training is typically cost over $25,000, if you are accepted.
- Website received very high reviews from Beta testing, indicating a good conversion rate percentage.
- Invited (paid by supplier) to return to Japan for addition product introduction and direct training by master craftsmen
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Technical Delivery Manager
- Slotted to Program Manage BI security program estimated at $23,000,000
- Directly selected to lead a special project for the “Critical Incident Response Team” Effectively reduced intrusion detection and information gathering time by more than 98%
- Coordinated with senior BI managers to provide informational presentations significantly expanding understanding of the PMO and others (5 separate presentations by various teams)
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Developed a website UX/UI with SSO login allowing vendors to request HW Certification through APIs and ticketing platform. Initially estimated at $2,000,000+, completed under $20,000, save $1,980,000+ and delighted the customer
- Developed a System verification tool (SVT), for pre-Helion Open Stack installation. By communicating vision & driving customer feedback, created a certification suite with post HOS installation checks, saved $2,000,000 in eng time
- Obtained much-needed servers for group and installed an inventory management app. for a cloud server allocation API testing interface, bypassing an extremely non-cooperative group, holding up development from 6 months earlier
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
SR. Project manager / also acting as SW DEVelopment MANAGER
- Happy customers helped obtained project buy-in from top executive in 5 separate regions, to complete global rollout
- Managed to keep SW Dev project on schedule, with 80% of resources being stolen by other director’s groups (2 wks)
- Through presentation, influenced Director attaining earlier user cooperation, bringing project back to planned time
- Attained unavailable lab to develop PowerShell script, automating rollouts, reduced time by 4 hours, and errors
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Sr Program Manager
- Provided “testing” training to the Confidential staff, by engineering, allowing the Confidential to free up the engineer’s time
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Saved a Hadoop/ETL project well over $10,000,000 by introducing them to the PaaS platform and it benefits
- Promoted to Product Manager, at Confidential, for PaaS application support, allowing VM configured builds on demand.
- Increased Knowledge and ability for L1 Support reducing Engineering engagement by 20%
- Released two new Ticketing-portal interfaces, and bug releases, reducing misguided tickets by 75 to 100 /week
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Joined in-flight project to help vendor with stalled progress Removed roadblocks allowing the project to move forward and catch up with deadlines, and providing advance attention to and planning infrastructure builds.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Achieved 99.999% ~100% uptime including system maintenance time using HA capabilities.
- Lead project specific technical discussions, ensuring that both sides are speaking the same language, setting appropriate expectations and reducing risks
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Directed all technical, Business Analytics, support, within SLAs, and engineering projects, matrix from start to finish, defined and managed the product architecture and project roadmap for a BI infrastructure integration implementation to a Virtual environment (HW and applications) for addition into the cloud (I/SaaS), with new APIs & web portal.
- Provided governance structure, monitor and drove partner, vendor and stakeholder, communications along with vendor management Established guidelines and ran a Dev-Ops team of support engineers and top-level systems engineers covering over 400 in-house systems and monitoring for recently migrated BI systems from physical boxes to VMs connected to the cloud, maintaining near 100% uptime for systems.
- Placed in charge of operations team, in addition to regular work, and significantly reduced SLA resolution times and regained confidence in failing group for over 400 in-house Business Inelegance Dev Test and Production systems.
- Lead the corporate vision of going to a cloud environment by driving an infrastructure integration project, saving over $4,000,000 the first year and projected to save $8,000,000 more the following year, in reduced equipment
Confidential, San Jose, Ca
INTERNATIONAL PROJECT MANAGER
- Facebook; new Singapore office: Managed local partners, completed all communication rooms on-time/spec
- Intuitive Surgical; Lead project manager, assumed a product management role. Despite engineering washing their hands saying, “Just make it work” competed 2 of 3 simultaneous business initiatives two weeks early
- Google; Mountain View offices: Lead team to build video communication rooms, resulting in the fewest post completion problems ever, with the like, improved UAT quality, and brought a single beautiful experience to the user. Increased company’s preferred supplier status 200% (Top Ranking)
Confidential, Los Altos, CA
FOUNDER / DIRECTOR / PRINCIPLE TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
- Listed as sole inventor on 4 US patents, and 1 European patent in prosecution
- All in-person presentations resulted in moving forward in the acceptance of the new technology.
- Managed the development and introduction of new products, through passion, innovative thinking, brainstorming and multi-disciplinary engineering created seven additional products all different with the same basis
Confidential, Honolulu, HI
SENIOR FIELD ENGINEER
- Provided significantly deeper problem resolution to customer support, than before, resulting in greater customer confidence allowing for unsupervised restricted access and work
- Reduced RMA time 75% by establishing advanced replacement based on trust and quality control
- Designed and managed a new system to facilitate, coordinate and manage cross-functional team’s tasks and activities and provide better tracking of support visits to customers, virtually eliminated repeat visits
Confidential, Levittown, NY
FOUNDER / DIRECTOR / PRINCIPLE TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (SCRUM, Agile)
- Driven by customer advocacy, managed R&D initiatives, seven separate projects, to improve remanufacturing methods, significantly reducing process time and increasing reliability of the product.
- Created sales and service department from scratch increasing sales 300%, and remanufacturing time decrease 50%
- Re-engineered toner cartridge rebuilding procedures, making significant improvements and distributing new procedures to fellow franchisees Increased quality and reliability of toner cartridge, which increased repeat customers