SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT
Forward-thinking technology expert with over 20 years of diverse experience, as both a consultant for top companies and as a respected leader of teams and projects for AT&T. Combines unsurpassed technical knowledge – from database and system administration to application development and testing – with a unique ability to develop solutions that address broader organizational needs and objectives. Drives innovation through methodical yet creative initiatives, with strong communication and management skills.
- Database & System Administration
- Relational Database Technology
- Relationship Management
- Team Management (Onsite & Offshore)
- End-user Training
- Applications Development Lifecycle
- Business Case & RFP Development
- Application Development & Testing
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- User Acceptance Testing
- Data & Software Backup
- Disaster Recovery
Confidential, New York, New York · 2005-2009
Global provider of technology solutions in the areas of strategy, risk, corporate performance management, and business intelligence.
Delivered technology improvements and solutions for a broad base of clients in multiple industries, including publishing, retail, finance, and insurance. Managed initiatives for additional clients including Goodys, Helzburg Diamonds, Dunkin Brands, State Street Bank, and Genzyme.
- As Technical Lead, spearheaded onsite and offsite teams in design and development of ETL (DIM and Informatica) batch and on-demand processes to load data/metadata (sourced from 2 Oracle GLs, multiple SQL servers, and data warehouses) into Planning/Essbase and then back into the General Ledger.
- Ensured success of processes through development of security and input forms, as well as coordination of UAT and end-user/application support staff training.
- As Project Manager, drove creation of sales commission reporting application and datamart to improve calculation and tracking for NY Times and Boston Globe using Oracle PL/SQL, OEM and Toad.
- Sourced sales information from SAP BW and several user databases.
- As Lead Data Developer, utilized Planning to design expense planning solution for different brands.
- Directed an offshore team in data extraction using IBM DataStage.
- Created staging area for application metadata and data, production processes and schedule for loading metadata/data into Planning/Essbase and the interface feeds back to source systems.
- Led system integration testing with major releases of interfacing systems.
- Built user reporting environment using OBIEE (Siebel)
- Boosted accuracy of spending analysis through creation of a spend classification system.
- Maximized usability across the organization by analyzing and developing rules for spend based upon department, vendor, product, and service.
- Improved information retrieval capabilities by consolidating data from Ariba and major business units and their disparate legacy systems.
- Independently took on project to create a Planning/Essbase internal development environment – built development and training platform.
- Created and installed SQL server database, Essbase, Planning, and shared services on VMWare.
- Created and facilitated Informatica and SQL training sessions for New York office.
- Produced successful RFPs for major client work.
Confidential, White Plains, New York · 1982-2003
Leading provider of telephone, wireless, and Internet services in the U.S.
Senior Information Management Specialist
Developed and led complex technology projects and teams throughout tenure. According to initiative, managed budgets, coordinated testing, delivered performance reviews, and developed/implemented key methods and procedures. Oversaw security maintenance and customer support, orchestrated technology transitions, and designed and deployed multiple systems.
Network Systems – Confidential
- (2002-2003) Led 9-member team in coordination of testing and implementation of new software releases, patches, and corporate-directed standards. Prepared and negotiated budgets, deployed personnel, and conducted performance reviews.
- Delivered training and provided transition support to offshore team.
- Ensured information security through creation of disaster recovery plan, while serving as sole DBA.
- (1995-2002) Developed/implemented methods and procedures and coordinated batch processes and shells, serving as co-DBA.
- Oversaw all 18 interfaces in communications, service agreements, maintenance, and support.
- Advanced processing of complex scripts through invention of a job processor that standardized and simplified creation, maintenance, and administration of background and cron processes.
- Ensured smooth technology operations through expert maintenance of application’s NSDNet security, id/role administration/setup, data network and connectivity, printer management, network architecture, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Orchestrated 2 migrations, from old Amdahl servers to HP (K) and then to HP (N) servers – upgraded OS, DS and software/hardware and conducted stress tests and UAT.
Trans-Oceanic Cable Ships Operations – Confidential
- Directed 5-member team in development of UNIX online system using SQL, Informix DB, 4GL, Shells, C programs, and Lotus Notes.
- Improved efficiency through development of a close and archive process.
- Recognized with award for outstanding service from AT&T President.
- Oversaw effort to achieve ISO 9000 certification.
- Directed team of 3 in project to move Payroll online; developed MVS/TO online/batch system using IDMS/COBOL, IDD, OLM, ADSO, ADSA, SPF, and JCL.
- Optimized processes through design of a W2 inquiry system from scratch – developed business case, conducted user interviews, wrote specifications, and created database design and code.
- Managed concurrent development/maintenance of HR projects n several areas including staffing, moving expenses, wage/salary analysis, medical administration, and employment testing.
- Pioneered and chaired VM/RAMIS Productivity Aids Steering Committee (PASC) which set up a common library of routines and job aids.
- Reduced processing costs by 20% though development of personnel cost awareness coordinator – created cost measurement tools, identified issues, established standards, rewrote insufficient code, and optimized quality and response times.
- Invented a rudimentary DBMS and screen manager to supplement inadequate off-the-shelf product.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Minor in Computer Science)
Databases: Oracle , SQL Server , Informix , IDMS , MS Access , Teradata
OLAP: Hyperion Essbase , Hyperion Planning , Oracle OBIEE (Siebel) , Crystal, Ariba
ETL: Informatica , IBM DataStage , Hyperion Application Link , DIM , Toad
Programming: SQL,SQLPlus,PL/SQL,Unix Shell,Windows/DOS scripting,C,COBOL,Verastream
OS: Windows 2000/XP/NT , HP UNIX , Solaris , Sun AIX , MVS , VMI/CMS , VMWare