- Seasoned enterprise Agile Leader with a great reputation for delivering innovative business strategies, improved processes, and client focused solutions. Proven ability of driving down cost, increase profitably by creating and motivating high performance teams.
- 15 years of Program/Project/Portfolio Management experience, delivered large scale cost effective business and technology solutions. Managed Resources, Budget, and tracked the Milestones by ensuring compliance with all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs). Efficient in creating artefacts’ like Project Charter, Business Case, SOW. Adept in negotiating timelines and building consensus among stakeholders.
- Define and influence Agile Methodology throughout the organization. Work with teams and executives to help transform various portfolios by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational impediments for faster time to market, reduce cost, increase profitability, and become more responsive to business needs quickly. Translate industry best practices into actionable recommendations for the organization to embed agile in creative ways and show how to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Coach and train senior Business Leads, Executives, Directors, and Managers in lean thinking and development of Minimal Viable Products (MVP), and the benefits of effective retrospective management. Guide Scrum Masters, Coaches, and people Managers to create efficient tactical plans based on company’s strategic plan, and to be relentless in applying the discipline of transparency to create a high trusting and efficient working environment.
- Develop Enterprise Agile guides, training materials, and other contents that’s in line with Agile Manifesto. Coached teams/Scrum Masters how to do effective planning, daily stand - ups, retrospective, backlog grooming ceremonies; also helped with Sprint 0 and introduced PI (Program Increment) planning and Scrum of Scrums for large teams.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Agile practices and principles including SAFe, Kanban, Scrumban, Lean, XP, and Scrum Experience with Agile project management tools like Jira. Develop, mentor and show how to monitor metrics and benchmarks to track progress of agile adoption, maturity and increase velocity. Create communities/forums for teams to share vibrant information, best practices, and to do continuous improvement on process and delivery.
- In coordination with other Agile Coaches create evaluation criteria for Agile Center of Excellence (CoE) within the organization. Then use that to assess teams’ Agile adoption rate/performance in a competitive environment. Facilitate and coordinate new team workshops, cross team planning workshops, and coach other scrum masters/coaches to facilitate cross team planning workshops.
- Help various teams to set up their team boards, workflow automation, and automated reporting. Assist organizations to define, prioritize, and decompose requirements in Product and Program Backlogs. Analyse, provide recommendations on a portfolio level, and help implement changes to budgeting, reporting, work intake, and planning to ensure processes support Agile principles, always keeping in mind faster time to market and organizational profitability.
- Outstanding relationship building, collaboration, communication, leadership, expectation setting and team-building skills. Always encourage and inspire teams to think outside the box and produce innovative ideas.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Sr. Manager / Sr. Agile Coach / PMO Manager
- Restructured an entire portfolio and program underneath that based on SAFe principles. Implemented an improved process for a team of about 150+ offshore-onshore personnel that is cost effective and delivers more efficient result than ever before. Managed team in DevOps environment, DevOps tool used are Chef, Jenkins, Git, Monit, Nagios etc.
- Provided recommendations on how to iterate and advance the Agile Transformation Roadmap for better ROI for this team and ad hoc coaching to other teams that have implemented Agile, but are in need of assistance to refine their processes and foster a culture of servant leadership. Also provided hands on mentoring to Scrum Masters, Product Owners and others of new and existing Agile teams.
- Developed and maintained productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and department leads. These changes boosted end-to-end labor utilization. Reduced incident related customer calls by 50% in 3-6 months period resulting year end profit to rise over 15% from prior year.
- Recruited and trained IT staff, Project Manager, Engineers and System Administrators. Also Trained/Coached/Influenced hundreds of other existing employees throughout the organization with Agile/Scrum standards, guidelines and best practices. Mentored project managers and team members as needed.
- Worked with numerous stakeholders to evaluate Cloud/AWS solutions wherever applicable throughout the organization. Created score card metrics that influenced more teams to use Cloud solutions that helped each team to save anywhere between 5-40% of their annual expense.
- Directed Managers and Project Managers to create and manage overall department budget with CapEx (Capital expenditure) and OpEx (Operational Expenditure), including tracking milestones and respective KPIs. Monitor ongoing program statuses using JIRA/Confluence, MS Project and other tools; Created and presented monthly and quarterly reports. Provided ongoing communication to internal staff about the PMO and its projects.
- Oversee department meetings with Directors and Managers to ensure continuity of IT systems support and goal attainment. Took the initiative for several Confidential teams to modify the existing processes including change management by improving it for the organization to gain better ROI. Proactively researched and found solution then provided with appropriate suggestion for the teams to be more Agile and effective in their execution processes.
- Led the Annual Disaster Recovery project for the entire organization (enterprise-wide project), considered to be one of the most challenging projects of the year. Worked through multiple challenging constraints and made it a successful one. The effort included communicating and coordinating with numerous teams and hosting meetings with 100+ employees of the organization at a time which also included several VP level executives.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Co-Founder / CEO / Agile Coach
- Created business plan that included detailed operational plan, marketing and sales strategies, and 3 to 5 years of financial projection.
- Submitted proposal to Confidential (Part of Confidential ) for government contracting projects.
- Helped team to create and deploy multiple websites and gaming apps on Android and iOS device markets using Agile/Scrum methodology. Continuously tune the process to address the critical issues unique to the situation.
- Kept Client relationship management at the forefront. Provided users with immediate assistance and appreciated them for providing feedback.
- Managed social media marketing strategy to create online presence and obtain paying customers.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Worked on business cases for Confidential 's Single-Family division to get the budget approval for the entire unit. Created and presented project dashboard to the upper management on a weekly basis. Negotiated and gained agreement between teams for competing priorities.
- Managed change controls for projects. Maintained most effective relationship with customers; provided updates with schedule, budget, deliverables, and milestones to the appropriate business users. Created SOW, work order and worked with procurement team for external vendors’ involvement in various phases.
- Documented and reported progress to the executives on a day-to-day basis for a newly developed Mortgage Accounting and Reporting system under Multifamily division. Gathered information from internal and external stakeholders to create and forecast labor for business resources for the end user verification of the delivered system.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Manager / Agile Coach / Scrum Master Lead
- Worked on establishing IT Governance process. Tracked and reported program status to internal VP and external customers using SDLC/Waterfall and Scrum methodologies. Managed schedule, scope, and ensured projects stayed under budget.
- Supervised several internal and vendor team members totaling 20+ resources with annual revenue of over $12MM. Consistently acknowledged and appreciated each team member's contributions and motivated team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Worked on goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning, career development, coaching and administrative support for direct reports. Mentored Application Delivery Managers, and Project Managers to come up to speed and manage projects independently.
- Did a successful transition of a large integrated IT system from vendor to an internal team consisting of Managers, Engineers, Developers, Testers and Project Managers using Agile projects utilizing a variety of methods including Scrum, SAFe, etc., using collocated and distributed delivery models. This transition brought the organization over $2MM in annual savings.
- As part of the post transition activities, communicated the benefits of scaling Agile for all parts of the organization to the Senior Management, gained buy-in, and inspired others to become proponents of change. Led the creation of an internal coaching program. From experienced leaders resilient Agile coaches were born, who then led the effort of custom Agile training for several Scrum Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters within the organization.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Manager / Sr. Scrum Master
- Direct and manage project development in an Agile/Scrum environment by following daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives and other updates. Managed a team of 12 resources, planned and scheduled project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Monitored and summarized program and project progress, prepared reports for upper management. Provided presentations as needed to report ongoing progress and project completion goals.
- Directed the team to prepare user manuals to make the users better understand the designed system.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Defined project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior
- Management and stakeholders. Worked in waterfall as well as in Scrum environments. Managed team with on-site/offshore resources. Planned and executed projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Also created strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Developed full-scale project plans, established baseline schedule, and associated communication documents. Coordinated the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Projects included delivering Confidential ’s first ever prepaid debit card product, that had inbuilt voice functionally (IVR).
Project Management / Requirement analysis / Testing / Development
- Managed the offshore team consisting of analysts, developers, and testers. Analyzed the high level requirements.
- Produced business requirements document and supervised the system specifications and test requirements document preparation.
- Responsible for onsite and offshore operations.