Business Consultant Specialist/ Program Manager Resume
San Diego, CaliforniA
- 15+ years of expertise in performing ad hoc Project Management, business analysis, data modeling, business modeling, release and change management with healthcare, insurance and banking clients.
- Strong knowledge in gathering requirements, doing analysis, building designs, managing end - to-end implementations and testing of applications in Banking, IT, Healthcare and Retail industry.
- Ability to learn computer applications from a business and IT principles perspective to integrate into project planning and learn new skills quickly and apply them.
- Self-directed learner comfortable with constantly evolving environments. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Skilled in project management methods and consultant techniques and approaches. Proficient in use of MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to translate technical subject matter into concise, clear communication understood by non-technical leaders and users. Excellent interpersonal oral and written communications skills.
- An aptitude to plan and organize complex work for self and others, and direct and assist others to meet quality and timeline targets and budget.
- Hands on experience in full Software Development Lifecycle (RUP, Waterfall, Spiral, Agile & other SDLC implementation) and Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC)
- Strong experience in working with agile lifecycle, and/or tracking and process management tools like Rally and JIRA. Created the Release calendar for the applications
- Project Management experience includes client management, customer interaction, budget and vendor management, scope identification, project planning, change control, and integration release management
- Exposure to Six Sigma and Value Management process.
- Experience with negotiating and documenting Portal project scope, objectives, and its added value to the business using various analysis & modeling techniques
- Expertise in Healthcare billing with attention to billing levels, cycles, fee’s, discounts, volume, rating and other features.
- Release planning, cost estimates, scheduling, coordinating, tracking, and monitoring (construction & testing phase) activities, status reporting, conducting Triage meetings
- Certified Scrum Master for Major Release, Agile and Software Configuration Management (Source code version control, automatic building and gathering strategies)
- Expertise in scheduling, familiarity with Lawson ERP Systems and Quality assurance, Requirement planning
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with key clients, vendor management by developing tailored business proposals (RFPs), interacting with clients simultaneously in user feedback sessions through the various phases of the project life cycle, and assisting in user training
Project Management: Microsoft Project, TFS, MS SharePoint
Business Modeling Tools: IBM Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio
SDLC Methods: Agile/SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall
Web Technology: HTML, XML
Defect Tracking: IBM Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server, Teradata
Others: Visual Use Case, TOAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, FrontPage, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)
Confidential, San Diego, California
Business Consultant Specialist/ Program Manager
- Managed the delivery of Infrastructure components of multiple technology projects
- Managed multiple project resources from cross functional KPIT teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
- Worked with various teams across business units and at various levels within KP (technical, business, including Senior & Executive Management).
- Demonstrated strong cost estimation and financial management skills, using appropriate KP tools and business practices, as it pertains to KPIT technology effort.
- Implemented and adapted Project Management methodologies (ex. PMLC, SDLC), and ensured that recognized Project Management processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects.
- Identified all project dependencies and risks, ensured that they are effectively managed
- Ensured mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Tracked Project Management deliverables against the budget and the approved project plan, worked with Technology partners to develop the content of those deliverables
- Provided project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and presented project status and issues requiring attention by senior management.
- Managed communication to key stakeholders.
- Proactively communicated resourcing requirements for development projects, highlighted issues, and recommended alternate courses of action.
- Developed, implemented and improved solutions/processes that maximize system availability and efficiency, and minimize production issues.
- Collaborated with management team to manage the overall project portfolio.
- Collaborated with Business, other trading partners and external vendors.
- Supported a healthy work environment that promoted excellence in customer service, quality, innovative thinking and strong teamwork.
Confidential, San Francisco, California
Business Process Consultant /Project Manager
- Lead the team and ensure that the project is running as per the SLA
- Lead the cross-functional team that was composed of business users, IT staff, trainers, and informatics in system implementation project lifecycle for technical IT solutions.
- Responsible for all phases of IT projects including scope definition, work planning, executing, training planning, change management, and implementation.
- Acted as the key point of contact for project efforts.
- Provided workflow and IT technical principles, IT concepts, architecture, and vocabulary expertise.
- Applied Lean principles and A3 thinking to problem solve, resolve process issues, and improved customer experience.
- Consulted with business and IT leadership, management, and work unit teams.
- Analyzed and documented the current and future state workflow processes and IT system configuration, and recommended strategies for optimal integration of IT systems and use.
- Performed system maintenance and enhancement build within scope of standard work.
- Communicated with stakeholders in case of delays or SLA breaches
- Maintained and owned the bug management and incident resolution process
- Resolved bugs within defined service levels
- Managed and own application Bugs and incident life cycle, and drive those to permanent resolutions, implement preventive measures to avoid repetitive issues
- Performed Debugging, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolve issues within SLA
- Resolved complex bugs with long term fixes following BI best practices and collaborate with BI team for solution review of complex bugs and incident resolution
- Followed up with third party vendors for issue resolution and prevention
- Performed weekly incident/bug review meetings with application team
- Performed daily spot check of system health
- Managed and owned application release process
- Supported release of BI deliverables into production and performed on demand meetings with BI team supporting issues encountered due to production changes
- Followed BI change control and continued integration process for changes to production system and owning all changes made to production system
- Responsible for continued system improvements to help reduce tech debt costs
- Performed custom, ad-hoc data analysis and reporting based on stakeholder requests within SLA
- Supported weekly and monthly customer report processing
- Conducted regular presentations to team/stakeholders.
Confidential, Mountain View, California
- Planned and controlled scope for complex, ambiguous and fluid projects, involving appropriate stakeholders to quickly and thoroughly in scope definitions
- Conducted meetings with Business owners to obtain KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator) for the projects, ad hoc requests and documented the metrics using Microsoft Excel.
- Responsible for oversight of all resources, budgets and projects within this portfolio.
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings.
- Responsible to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program
- Ensured appropriate formal and informal communication of project status to the project core team, supported IT staff, actively involved business partners, and senior leadership
- Applied and tailored client's methods and PMI standards to define the appropriate Risk Management strategy (including mitigation, acceptance, avoidance or transfer) for a complex project
- Maintained an Issue tracking process that ensured team members can submit or review issues.
- Anticipated complex cross functional issues and facilitates resolution, escalated issues to executives with the proper balance of urgency and calm/composure.
Environment: QC, SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, MS Visio, Waterfall, Requisite Pro, SQL Server
- Elicited Requirements necessary for the analysis and documentation of the Company’s process. Analyzed existing process and its relationship with other processes and departments. Interact with clients and team on a daily basis to provide all clients with immediate responses, training and data analysis
- Participated in Brainstorming Sessions with Stakeholders to gather requirements, to determine feasibility of proposals and to develop alternate plans for the Project.
- Manage project budgets, risk analysis and mitigation, issue management, root cause analysis, cost benefit, project schedule development and tracking using MS Project.
- Worked with business and technical groups to configure and deploy strategic data incident management application.
- Organizing weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings
- Constructed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) using MS Excel to monitor compliance of requirements and to handle Change Requests efficiently.
Environment: PL/SQL, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Word.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
- Identify the project goals and objectives and work with key stakeholders to achieve stated project objectives
- Manage the project through its various stages from initiation through project closure and monitor the progression throughout the SDLC phases
- Prepare project plan and schedules and track the activities and milestones in each phase of the project
- Present the project health status and timely feedback to the upper management and manage issues, risks, change log, handle internal and external dependencies and take action items to closure. Escalate as necessary in a timely fashion to the management for any issues/concerns that is beyond control
- Keep track of spending and achieve the execution within stipulated budget
- Responsible for providing oversight on execution support, and work with other project managers and project leaders and offshore project manager
- Setting direction and guidance for the project team
- Follow up on open issues and make actionable items for resolution
- Own the project communication plan
- Lead the support, development enhancements and migration projects ensuring compliance in project lifecycle process, security aspects and quality assurance
- Efficiently identify project issues & risks and mitigate and also manage conflicts within the projects
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
- Setting up offshore and onsite team from scratch to facilitate production support
- Managing entire team consisting over 32 team members to provide regular support to applications moving to production
- Participating in CR approvals with the change management team
- Tracking CRs moving to production for different applications and monitoring their implementation
- Managing deployment of CRS to production following Release paths
- Managing service desk queues and SLA s for production issues
- Managing escalation of resolutions of production issues
- Conducting and attending internal/client status meetings
- Involved in implementing User Provisioning within strict turnaround times
- Providing status on regular basis to higher management
- On call 24/7 during critical releases
- Coordinating different teams, releases and communication management
- Worked with internal and external global distributed teams across multiple sites in project delivery
- Worked with third parties vendors to meet project deliveries
- Manage the overall budget & cost of the projects conforming to the policies and regulations
- Advising clients on improving the effectiveness and efficiency on technology and business risks
- Hiring, coaching, training, mentoring team members
- Estimating efforts and schedule of all phases in the project and pipeline projects
- Staffing project teams based on skill and experience
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes