Scrum Master with solid experience in Agile Coaching, Project Management, Program Management, Agile / Scrum Master role, business analysis and solution architecture. Successful track record of managing major projects involving extensive planning and coordination with multiple application teams and users located across different offices around the world. Advocated adaptation of Agile methodology among different teams in the bank. Managed multiple teams / multiple projects simultaneously. Strong negotiator with excellent communication and people management skills. Experienced in managing people (having direct reports) and doing performance reviews. Managed multiple web - based API, Web services as well as technology driven projects for clients. Worked at major firms like Confidential, Confidential /Merril lLynch, Confidential Bank and Confidential .
- Change Management
- Data Privacy
- SDLC Enforcement
- Legal and Compliance
- Project Risk Management
- Release Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Agile & Waterfall
Roles Expertise: Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Technical Project Manager, Release Manager, BA/PM, Technical Lead, Sr Business Analyst, Application Architect
Business Areas of Expertise: Investment Management (both Equity and Fixed Income, Front Office and Middle Office), Liquidity Risk, Foreign Exchange trading, Custody and Cash Management products, Insurance, Credit Cards Industry
Technical Expertise: PL/SQL programming, Java programming, Web Services, Oracle Data Modeling, Unix Shell scripting, Data Warehouse, Perl, C++, Business Intelligence
Strengths: Leadership Qualities, SDLC enforcement (for hybrid projects), Adopting Agile methodology and advocating it (Agile Coach), Technical Background, Detail Oriented, Analytical Skills, Mentoring
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Scrum Master and Agile Coach
Tools: Clarity PPM, Scaled Agile (SAFe), Tableau, Sybase,Netezza, Python, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
- Coached the team in Scrum Process as this team is new to Scrum / Agile process. Prepared the detailed presentation about Scrum / Agile and coached not only the team, but also business users and senior IT management in this group.
- This is a Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe Agile). Worked with Release Train Engineer / Program Manager to plan releases.
- Created a custom Agile process by including the best features of all Agile methodologies like Scrum, XP, Lean Agile, Kanban and DSDM
- Facilitated classes and workshops across the group to coach the teams about Agile principles of Collaboration, Simplicity, Face to Face communication, Commitment, Pair programming, Code Reviews, continuous integration (using tools like Jenkins), Test-Driven Development(TDD), ATDD etc
- Acted as Scrum master for 2 projects in Liquidity Risk Technology team.
- Had setup the basic infrastructure for the project (share point site, confluence pages, Kanban boards etc)
- Created a custom jira work flow document for the projects
- Apart from daily scrums, conducted sprint retrospectives, distributed daily status reports and weekly status reports (with burndown charts and resource usage details) to senior management and removed obstacles for the team on a constant basis
- Along with the product owner, rolled out blue print for future sprints by proper backlog prioritization and resource planning (some resources are shared across projects)
- Clearly communicated the UAT dates and planned production release dates to the users at the Sprint planning session and updated them again at Sprint Demo session.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Tools: M S Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), Clarity, JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence, Agile / Scrum, Waterfall, Business Intelligence (Cognos, Hyperion), ETL, Data Warehouse, Cognos
- Managed the development of a J2EE web-based reporting product / application. The development is done in Agile environment using Java, HTML, CSS, Struts, java script, IBM WebSphere. SOAP, HTTP, XML, Web Services
- Played the role of project manager /Scrum Master. The project was executed in hybrid fashion (both waterfall and Agile).
- Project team consisted of web developers, backend developers, DBAs and other supporting personnel from different teams in the company
- Led design sessions for the development of web service that will connect the client system to other systems and transfer data in XML format. This web service is key to certain Client reports.
- Used Jira for managing sprints and backlogs and used Confluence to document the SDLC process, burndown charts, retrospective meeting minutes etc.
- Managed development teams that were spread across the offices in USA, Poland and India
- Worked with developers to automate some of the client reports by providing subscriptions feature on the web
- Conducted daily sprints, reviewed backlogs, coached team members in Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- As the Agile Coach and Scrum Master, led / coached a team of ten people consisting of developers, business analysts and QA resources.
- Overall budget for this project was over $5M. Implemented in Agile Environment.
- This project involved creating a new data mart and creating cognos reports on top of this new model
- Played major role in diffusing conflicts / clashes between business teams and IT development teams
- Took initiative by bringing different teams together when there was less clarity on which team had to do certain work
- Used JIRA for Issue tracking and agile project management work flow: creating sprints, backlogs, Kanban board etc
- Managed the migration of FX client reports from Hyperion to Cognos. Did some hands-on business analysis
- Conducted Gap Analysis meetings, Design review meetings and ETL design meetings between business teams and Systems/ IT teams
- Partnered with the developers to design a new schema for this project. Even though my primary duties were Scrum Master / Agile project management, I liked to get strongly involved in Analysis and design areas.
- Project budget was 2M. Project team size was 20
- Worked closely with the DBAs and also specialists from Oracle Corporation to come up with the Risk Management plan and also to overcome performance issues we had encountered during the testing phase.
- Identified 10 different applications that were impacted by this migration. Conducted project kickoff meetings with each of these teams for their migration and worked with these teams in coming up with their project plans and estimates. Provided the required documentation for these applications about the change impact.
- Worked with close to 100 users in BBH offices located at Boston, New York, Denver, Krakow (Poland), Luxemburg, Dublin and London. Helped all these users to convert their Hyperion reports and Excel/Access Macros that were using 10g database so that the converted reports connected to the 11g ExaData database.
Team Lead / Project Lead
- Automated a lot of business processes (getting pricing data, KYC work, Tax work) in Investment banking area by building new IT products.
- Worked directly with the business users to gather the requirements and design the systems.
- Played a key role (solution architect / team lead) in the below major applications in Investment Management Systems.
Investment Management Systems
- Worked directly with the traders and business users (senior level) for getting requirements for major enhancement projects
- Led/Managed many fixed income and equity projects that are necessitated due to regulatory changes
- Developed Java programs for building interfaces between Charles River system and other systems in the bank.
- Created Triggers (Oracle) to assist proper routing of the orders to different vendors based on the broker code and other logic.
- Did extensive programming in PL/SQL, shell scripting, perl and Java
Investment Management Systems Middle Office
- Developed many interfaces to Eagle PACE from other applications like APL, Charles River,KYC, Solomon Yieldbook, brokerage systems etc.
- Created Snapshot Logs/ Materialized Views at the master site and a Dynamic SQL based stored procedure was developed to refresh the warehouse tables with the data changes from the Hub tables.
- Did programming in PL/SQL, Java, Perl and Unix Shell scripting.
Confidential, New York
Senior Oracle / Data Warehouse Developer (Consultant)
- Designed new dimension and fact tables to support non-account revenue and small business revenue modules.
- Prepared the Functional Specification document, complete with pseudo code, test cases and excellent diagrams using Visio.
- Developed Korn shell scripts for executing the sql scripts and also for directly doing the error handling.
Oracle Developer (Consultant)
- Executed lot of small projects to make enhancements to the Confidential system. Independently handled all the tasks from requirement gathering to project completion.
- Most of the Technical work involved writing SQL Plus scripts, PL /SQL scripts, Perl, C++, Pro*C and Unix Shell scripts.
VB / Oracle Developer (Consultant)
- Used Platinum Er Win tool for Data Modeling for the different projects and created several new database objects
- Made major changes and performance improvements to the database by building Partitioned tables, Index Organized Tables, Reverse Key Indexes and Bitmap Indexes
- Did extensive development in PL/SQL, Shell scripting, C++, Pro*C, Visual Basic and Crystal Reports
Oracle Developer (Consultant)
- Developed more than 20 management reports for Claims database, using Crystal reports and Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Designed and developed the MCS Reports database for the MCS Reports project
- Acted as project DBA for one year, doing Shell scripting and used different tools and utilities like ServerManager, RMAN, SQL Loader, Import, Export, TOAD and DB Artisan
- Used MQ Series as an interface between cobol programs on the mainframe and the Visual Basic /Oracle programs