- Highly accomplished PMP Certified Project Manager and Certified SCRUM Master with a verifiable track record of managing complex IT projects and exceeding expectations.
- Experienced in clarifying business requirements and designing process improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly adept at diplomatically facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders.
- Recognized project management skills, consistently delivered complex, large - scale projects on time and within budget. PMP certified.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Bloomberg, SAS, MS Outlook, Hyperion, Lotus, QuickBooks, SharePoint, Visio, PDWare, Primavera, iTeam, MS Project, Confidential Rational, Clarity, TFS, Jama, Confluence, JIRA, WebEx, e-mail and Internet
- Project Methodologies: SCRUM, Agile, PMI, Waterfall, WBS, Strategic Planning, SOW, RFP, RFQ, Forecasting, Recruiting
Confidential, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
AGILE COACH/ SCRUM MASTER
- As Agile Coach for this Information Services Provider, worked closely with various clients to facilitate Agile transformation and transition from Waterfall to Agile
- Coached and mentored Product Owners, Development Team Members, and SCRUM Masters
- Ensured Agile/SCRUM process was implemented effectively and provided coaching and training to maximize overall benefits
- Trained Team Members for how to write User Stories
- Educated team on Agile best practices: time-boxing, continuous integration, pair programming, code/design reviews, architectural spiking, nightly builds, technical debt reduction, and Agile metrics
- Built and maintained a growing relationship with stakeholders by providing high-level project updates and strategically negotiating changes within project scope
Confidential, Peoria, Illinois
AGILE COACH/ SCRUM MASTER
- Oversaw IT Projects for this Fortune 500 Company whose sole focus is construction and mining
- Fulfilled the role of Agile Coach/ Scrum Master by leading multiple teams through the Agile/SCRUM process in the delivery of mission critical, customer facing, enterprise software development projects
- Wrote, presented, and implemented policies for project initiation, requirements gathering, risk management, scope definition, schedule management, cost management, and project life cycle for IT software development projects
- Planned IT infrastructure application implementation and product enhancement activities in collaboration with the business. Leveraged business and technology understanding to effectively deliver infrastructure projects
- Conducted project kickoff meeting; provided a detail implementation plan and defined the detailed project management activities including procedures and guidelines
- Proactively led a 10-person team charged with completing the business critical and complex project initiatives that were completed on-time and in budget
- Measured and evaluated progress against project plan; conducted regular scheduled project status meetings; prepared and presented weekly status reports to project team and monthly progress reports to Management
- Lead team across broad technical, financial, and business disciplines. Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, and with the desired result
- Facilitated daily standup. Helped Product Development Team maintain burndown chart and scheduled Sprint Retrospectives.
- Shielded team from interruptions while Sprint was in progress
Confidential, Dubuque, Iowa
AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
- Directed team of 12 developers, measured team velocity, facilitated daily standup meetings and global workshops.
- Coached and mentored team in Agile SCRUM framework as well as provided knowledge transfer to business teams across disciplines in SCRUM development processes
- Supported Global IT PMO Office by writing and managing distribution of project schedules, documentation, staffing levels, budget worksheets and issue tracking / resolution.
- Worked with Product owner to ensure creation of Agile artifacts such as Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, and Release Burndown
- Created information radiators (e.g. Story Maps, Task Boards & Product Road Maps) to illustrate team’s progress
- Supported Product Owners sitting offshore by assisting them with backlog grooming and communicated information to the distributed Project Team
- Facilitated creativity and empowerment sessions for the Development team by improving the team’s engineering practices and tools
- Maintained a high-collective code standard for the Development Team by scheduling training workshops and ensuring that the Development Team had the tools and know-how to succeed.
- Managed 7 people, $1.5M budget, with full P&L responsibility; Assisted in writing project documentation including Project Charter and specifications, project planning, budget and risk mitigation strategy
- Developed project plans while specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Acted as the conduit, maintaining open dialogue between Management, Staff, and other stakeholders to keep them abreast of project status
- Facilitated meetings to ensure that project activities were performed.