Strategic and forward - thinking IT Executive with demonstrated success leveraging rich technical insight and proactive process improvement philosophy to deliver strong and tactical strategic leadership. Dynamic leader who promotes technical innovation and cross-functional collaboration to pilot an industry-leading global IT organization. Skilled project manager with the ability to translate complex and divergent enterprise needs and available technological resources into process plans resulting in innovative, high-impact business solutions. Superior technical acumen supplemented by 23-year career in IT leadership.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Healthcare Management - Project Management - Technology Migration - Data Center Build/Migration/Management - Outsourcing - Data Center Management - Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity - Global Infrastructure Management - Strategic Planning & Tactical Execution - Budgeting - Procurement - Training and Development - Cost Optimization - Release Management - Development & Implementation - Process Planning and Improvement - Documentation - Operations - Negotiations - Vendor Relations - Acquisitions - Network Build-outs - Infrastructure Design - SOX – Customer Service
VoIP – LAN – TCP/IP – Telephony - Network Switching and Routing – Networking - VPN – DBA - MPLS – Firewalls – WAN – VLAN – Cisco – Installation - NetApp - Juniper – Palo Alto Networks – Riverbed - Barracuda - Windows NT – IBM AIX – SunOS & Solaris – Redhat – SuSE Linux - IBM, Dell, HP, & Sun Server Hardware – IBM System Storage DS 8000 – IBM 3590 Series – Lotus Domino/Notes – Siemens – Cisco Telepresence – Avaya – ERP Systems – SAP – Microsoft SCCM - Mobile Device Management – Zenprise - Cryptocard – iPass – Mobile Workforce Support – Cable Plant – Microsoft Office – Visio – Novell – HTML – Java
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Senior Project Manager
- Manage large-scale projects throughout California and across the country.
- Manage project implementation teams and liaise with client teams to insure projects are delivered on-time and on/under budget.
- Work closely with professional services team, sales delivery teams and client teams.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise and support on a regular basis.
Director of Professional Services
- Carried full oversight for sale, design, delivery, and support of strong infrastructure solutions to portfolio of new and existing clients.
- Forged lasting, profitable partnerships with key customers, designing custom solutions to reduce operating costs while elevating performance and reliability.
- Oversaw development and execution of annual budget, strategic plans, and forecasts.
- Adeptly represented company at trade shows, product seminars, and user groups.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to penetrate untapped markets, expanding geographic footprint in Greater LA area, as well as from West coast to Midwest. Run all projects independently.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Global IT Project Manager
- Selected to shift into project management role to lead major, business-criticalapplication and infrastructure projects, emphasizing operational startup of major manufacturing plant in Beijing, China.
- Provided insightful technical leadership to orchestrate key project resources and steer strategic planning for high-profile national and international application and infrastructure projects.
- Liaised with executive management team to define and implement key changes and processes in global IT vision.
- Led globally disparate teams of up to 120 total internal employees, contract staff, external consultants, and manufacturing partners.
- Ensured ongoing operational support for key call center migration. Collaborated closely
- Cut manufacturing-associated costs by 70% while expanding global manufacturing footprint and alignment with Asian clients through deployment of all IT infrastructure including Data Centers for new manufacturing facility in Beijing.
- Generated an estimated $5M in savings over three years by leading unified communications pilot project that enhanced productivity, time-to-market, and customer satisfaction, as well as decreasing travel requirements by implementing real-time collaboration tools.
- Integral to acquisition of a Shanghai-based software company, which accelerated startup timeline and saved more than $200K in renewed leases and a further ~$100K by consolidating offices into existing facilities.
- Piloted WAN outsourcing project from conception to initial global deployment phases, partnering with KDDI in Japan and Global Crossing elsewhere. Finalized contract in time to avoid monthly $500K fee with existing provider. Slashed costs by more than $250K by increasing bandwidth and tactically migrating high cost circuits.
- Elevated issue resolution for crucial medical situations, slashing call times and boosting efficiency of best support resources through implementation of key tools.
- Optimized global WAN across 65 locations in 40 countries, reducing costs and improving performance by up to 60% for key applications.
Senior Manager of Information Technology
- Global IT Management role, directly commanding technology budget and 80-person multi-technical team supporting more than 7.5K internal customers across 60+ locations in US, Japan, Spain, England, Switzerland, and Finland, as well as more than 1,000 external customers. Recognized talent for delivering large-scale infrastructure projects under budget and ahead of schedule. Set direction of IT organization to cultivate innovation and efficiency-based technology environment. Led IT infrastructure split during Varian Associates’ divesting into three separate publically-traded companies.
- Instrumental to 17% boost in sales by performing IT due diligence and on-boarding for software acquisitions in Canada, Germany, China, and east coast US.
- Architected three separate global WANs and data centers, delivering three months ahead of schedule and saving ~$750K.
- Saved $260K annually and improved internal customer SLAs as much as 20% by spearheading planning and startup of data centers in California, Utah, and England, and facilitating support of in-house Business Continuity Plan.
- Maintained 99.982% uptime for 24/7/365 operational environment supporting all critical corporate-wide systems.