An adaptable and forward - thinking information technology manager specializing in the telecommunications industry with comprehensive expertise in project management, configuration management, field technical support, database migration, Agile and Lean methodologies, issue troubleshooting and resolution, quality control, and technical documentation. Leverages excellent communication skills to liaise with vendors, field teams, engineers, and other cross-functional partners. Proven aptitude for implementing innovative solutions to increase efficiency, reduce costs, improve customer experiences, and consistently exceed objectives.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Manager, Project and Configuration Management
- Operated as primary point-of-contact for communication of software and hardware field releases along with operational issues to the Confidential markets.
- Operated as primary point-of-contact for the technical document repository database.
- Provided project management responsibilities for configuration change management process.
- Oversaw project management for development and implementation of process to expand DTA, Legacy STB, and TV Alert trials beyond employees to include Customer-Premises Equipment (CPE) customers
- Provided technical leadership support for development of configuration management tool centralizing code approved for deployment to video devices information.
- Managed migration of technical document repository database to corporate SharePoint platform activities.
- Incorporated Agile principles.
- Oversaw project management for development and implementation xFinity HTLMS APP, Hospitality/MDU (Q2Q, mDTA, ADB Global, ATX Q2IP), IP Cavalry, ARRIS/Cisco Infrastructure, EAS, Remote Phy, Confidential, Video Controller Warehouse, Controller System Release. Managed vendors, development, testing, trial, deployment, and field support activities.
- Acted as the Video Controller Warehouse team’s Rally scrum master.
- Oversaw project management responsibilities for Remote Phy and Cavalry IP 4 Business ( Confidential ) projects.
- Developed SharePoint sites for corporate initiatives.
National Application Trials Support
- Developed the National Application Trial System process. Communicated the process to member of the Video Product Engineering (PE) and Divisional Engineering.
- Developed process to automate obtaining customer data to support Beta Community trials.
- Successfully implemented the National Application Trial System by expanding trials to CPE customers.
- Developed process to pull together and distributed the weekly summary e-mail of artifacts uploaded/changed on the technical document repository.
- Developed notification of VCR JIRA tickets and distributed to those who invited to the Change Control Board (CCB) eliminating the need for a weekly CCB meeting.
- Implemented lean/agile process to update field notification and redistributed instead of creating new notices where possible.
- Implemented process to reduced GO/NO-GO ( Confidential ) calls and streamlined Confidential stakeholder presentations and calls.
- Standardized, consolidated, and documented the Video Ops CM workflow to be more agile, reduce redundancy and provide consistency across all PE teams (i.e. reduced the number of required data entries for SEV-0 JIRA tickets).
- Implemented process improvements to align with new structure (i.e. renaming organizations, removing redundancy, improving readability).
- Actively involved in the review/implementation of the CM DB Solution using Oracle.
- Coordinated action to normalized data for import to the CM DB, data clean-up of data once transitioned to the SQL DB, and implement process flow improvements.
- Implemented process improvements to the CM DB (i.e. inclusion of FRN, compliancy, region).
- Operated as primary point-of-contact to ensure SQL DB is updated to reflect current released products.
- Defined requirements, created SOW, and participated in the vendor selection to migrate from standalone servers to virtual services.
- Oversaw 3rd party vendor development, testing, and implementation activities.
Manager/Project Manager, Field Technical Support
- Provided leadership and served as liaison between field, corporate engineers, and vendors to resolve lingering and systemic issues across Cisco, Motorola, Pace, and other third-party video delivery devices.
- Managed troubleshooting activities of customer-facing issues, working with internal teams and vendors to implement fix.
- Interfaced with internal departments (e.g. customer service, information technologies, and engineering) and third-party vendors to support system integration and sustaining operations support.
- Served as primary point-of-contact for communication of software and hardware field releases, field advisements, and other operational updates.
- Worked with internal teams and vendors to improve code releases for Motorola and Cisco set-top box guide client code (Bali, Barracuda, A-series guides, PowerTV).
- Provided team leadership and project management for deployment activities (Cisco-DNCS SR 4.3 upgrades, MCARD 3.31 rollout, Motorola DAC 3.x upgrades, RNCS Migrations, RADD 1.40 upgrades).
- Designed, implemented, and supported scheduled maintenance request for purposes of ensuring all markets properly and quickly followed field advisements and releases and implemented upgrades of video delivery systems.
- Transitioned tracking of field reported issues from JIRA to HPQC and functioned as point-of-contact for creating HPQC defects for National Video Ops team.
- Hosted several national user group calls (DAC, DNCS, DAC, set-top box, video-on-demand, video monitoring) for purpose of sharing operational and customer experience cases, providing advice, and sharing experiences across all markets.
- Created company’s first technical document repository database and managed 3rd party development activities.
- Provides central location for technical documentation.
- Contains field advisories, deployment documentation, product, device manuals, and materials
- Developed lean process to address Federal Communications Commission accessibility (closed captioning, descriptive video, Calm Act) and video regulatory compliance issues. descriptive video, Calm Act) and video regulatory compliance issues.
- Created national Microsoft SharePoint-based tracking database.
- Managed resolution of reported closed captioning and DVS issues, including FCC complaints across multiple organizations including internal teams (video regulatory compliance tiger team, legal, accessibility, and National Call Center).
- Achieved 70% truck roll reduction and over $1,000,000 savings in first year.
- Developed national database for 1st National Emergency Alert System test. Feedback resulted in 26,000 data points to FCC and achieved cost savings of over $75,000 in contract labor.
- Operated as primary point-of-contact associated to the investigation and resolution of CPE device code issue resulting in 1,500 less customer calls per day (over $2,700,000 per year).
- Operated as primary point-of-contact for coordinate communications and prevent outages associated to Intelsat G-15 satellite failure.
- Contributed to conversion of over 5,000,000 STB’s from national control to local controller control (NAS to DAC).
- Managed over 200 platform upgrades and over 1,000 code objects loaded to customer’s set-top boxes.
- Supported expansion of Motorola Digital Access Controllers (DAC), expanding from 52 to 68 sites (DAC to DAC and DAC splits).
- Supported efforts to transition all markets from analog to digital broadcast resulting in reduction of contactor labor by over $300,000.
Configuration Management and Field Deployment Support Manager
- Collaborated with deployment group to support 65 markets providing leadership and project management oversight for all video related activities, including interfacing with vendors.
- Oversaw configuration management, developed procedures, and coordinated and monitored all activities to ensure successful deployments with little to no customer impacts.
- Developed procedure documents for managing deployments activities new to company, substantially reducing head-end controller upgrade, head-end conversion, and STB code downloads customer impacting issues using standardized deployment methodologies. Established procedures to manage code release through QA testing and deployment to field.
Quality Control, Configuration Analyst
- Provided team leadership and project management for configuration management (CM) group activities supporting documentation and software repositories, and release of deliverables from vendors into Confidential Testing Labs for deployment to company markets.
- Ensured documentation and software delivered to and received from change management group in accordance with established non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s). Coordinated release of deliverables from vendors.
- Developed and maintained configuration management guidelines and processes for lab, providing standardized methodologies for change management group. Administered software repository supporting testing of products deployed to field.