- Experienced Information Technology Specialist with over 10 years of IT industry experience with major emphasis on SDLC, Quality Assurance, Project/Program Management techniques and deliverables, Scope Management, Quality Management, Resource Management, Schedule Management, Communication Management, and federal government contract management.
- Experienced working in diverse industries, including Telecom, Finance, Government, Health and other major business sectors in small, mid and large organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably, collaboratively and proactively work with peers, managers and customers to achieve goals for multiple projects simultaneously.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, HTML, Java, ASP and ASP.NET, COBOL
Software: Quality Center 8.0, QTP 9.0, WinRunner 7.6, Test Director 8.0 and Rational Robot
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose Enterprise Suite, Rational Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Case, UML, Jazz Tools
Process Methodologies: Waterfall Method, Spiral, RUP - Rational Unified Process, Agile
Mainframes: Attachmate Enterprise 2000, RUMBA, File Aid, RMS and IMS
Defect Tracking tools: Quality Center, PVCS Tracker, Change Synergy, Clear Quest, BugTracker and JIRA
Concepts & Packages: Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Power point, Excel, SharePoint
Databases: Oracle /8i/9i, SQL Server and MS Access, Mainframe
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista, Linux - Fedora and UNIX (Sun Solaris/HP-UX) and more
Confidential, Manassas, VA
- Developing and maintaining project plans, project schedule, milestones, estimating the resources needed to achieve project goals and providing input in the budget - creation process.
- Assisting legal teams in defining goals and deliverables to support business needs of both the clients and the Firm.
- Coordinating client matter project resources and work product, with ability to create and motivate team around project deliverables.
- Maintain periodic project-based client communication and external reporting.
- Train new staff on using legal tools and maintaining legal management systems.
IT Project Manager
- Managed multiple Projects, Priorities and Deadlines utilizing tools such as MS Project, SharePoint, JIRA and other in house tools such as Project Portfolio Management Tool (PPMT) which required attending to details, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Facilitated and lead all project meetings including Confidential Scientific Computing Board Meeting and Security issues briefings.
- Worked with clients in project requirements gathering, to clearly identify and continuously manage Project Scope, Business Requirements, Dependencies and Deliverables.
- Analyzed Business Strategies and Operational processes related to IT Security.
- Identified and developed cost effective security strategies and guidelines for Confidential to ensure technical feasibility of security controls.
- Modified and updated systems based on latest requirements including but not limited to security software requirements.
- Developed and reviewed all necessary project documentation based on FDA established EPLC Framework and governance including User Guides and Manuals.
- Assisted in the Security Processes to mitigate vulnerability and to identify cost effective IT Security strategies.
- Assisted in performing system maintenance and application monitoring and tuning.
- Collected ScoreCard information and submitting it through the ITIRB Process to secure funding for New or DME efforts.
- Managed and Refined Backlog items including Request for Changes at regular intervals for multiple projects.
- Coordinated testing efforts with various testing teams to identify problems, maintained defect logs, prioritized defects, acquired LOEs for defects, created and collected sample data for successful testing and maintained overall project quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards. Collected relevant information to evaluate alternatives and made recommendations for defect fixes.
- Performed Risk Management, Risk Analysis, maintained risk register and managed Risks.
- Communicated and expressed information to all teams, vendors and customers to perform all the responsibilities as needed for the success of the projects by attending to nonverbal cues, oral presentations and responding appropriately to make sure team needs are met to proceed forward to the next story.
- Collaborated with other team members in providing best practices for communicating data visualization in communicating relevant information to stakeholders.
- Prepared data call responses, ad hoc reports, status reports and other performance and progress reports, meeting notes, collecting and following up on action items and information matrix as and when required.
- Collaborated with team members in development and adoption of agile methodologies and facilitated improved communication across Project Teams.
- Consistently performed all task order management and project reporting activities.
- Created and updated all necessary project documentations necessary in obtaining and maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Volunteered to participate in creating reusable dashboards using Tableau to performed analytics and to collect metrics to improve operational efficiencies for Program Management as well as Confidential (Dietary Supplement Label Database created using Python Programming) Projects.
- Researched and learned about the concepts of Machine Learning, Statistics Analysis and Predictive Analytics for future FDA Projects and needs using R Programming and R Studio .Managed multiple Projects, Priorities and Deadlines utilizing tools such as MS Project, SharePoint, JIRA and other in house tools such as Project Portfolio Management Tool (PPMT).
- Responsible for administration, and control of an Integrated Master Schedule in MS Project.
- Responsible for development of WBS and for interfacing with scheduler and other team members to ensure IMS is fully integrated with WBS.
- Developed and maintained all documentation necessary for project management including all plans, CR’s and Work Request Repositories.
- Facilitated and lead requirements, integration and status meetings and also perform other communication with in the program team.
- Monitored, analyzed, and reported the critical path, identified risks, issues and network logic conflicts, and tracked overall schedule performance.
- Assisted in preparation of weekly and monthly schedule and program reviews including summary overview and variance reports.
- Provide interactive and static presentations to senior management and customers if and when required.
- Worked with many teams and clients, provided information, resolved their problems and satisfied their expectations.
- Responsible for Quality Review at the end of Mainframe Testing Cycles.
- Assisted Testing Teams in completing End of Test Reports and Project Folders.
- Responsible for coaching and developing project support staff.
- Managing project members to meet schedules and/or resolve technical and resource problems.
Environment: Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, MS- Visio, Mainframe, Attachmate, SharePoint and DocIT, Jazz Tool, WRMS, RQM, Req Pro, RQM and HP Portfolio Management system.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
- Developed project plans, project schedule, milestones, estimated the resources needed to achieve project goals and provided input in the budget-creation process.
- Assisted teams in defining scope, goals and deliverables to support business needs of both the clients and the Firm.
- Collaboratively managed client matters with leadership attorneys to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and consistent with the client’s expectations.
- Coordinated client matter project resources and work product, with ability to create and motivate team around project deliverables.
- Developed specific client matter project documentation and reports, including preparation of client matter project financial analysis.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Quality Assurance Manager
- Managed Quality Assurance teams’ day-to-day activities, relationships, and resources necessary for daily testing.
- Finalized requirements by actively participating in design meetings and other requirements gathering sessions.
- Maintained and managed backlog items.
- Facilitated and participated in Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standup, Review Meetings and Retrospective Meetings.
- Reviewed and Developed all Project Management Documentation as and when needed.
- Created and tested Web Services using SOAPUI.
- Reviewed and arranged testing and requirements documentation on VSS.
- Signed off on final product to be delivered and participated in go no go meetings.
- Helped track risks, milestones and schedules and communicated project issues to the senior management.
- Performed well with strict deadlines on various subsystems sharing different requirements. (12 internal web based applications, one of which was used to approve credit card charges, refund any charge already made on the account and also provided other monthly financial reports.)
Environment: ASP, ASP.Net, Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel, SQL Server, BugTracker, VSS, Wiki pages, Selenium IDE, SQL Server, SQL Prompt, Source Control Tools, SOAPUI, Web Services, Safari, Firefox 3, Internet explorer 6, 7 and 8.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Created complete Test Processes Documentation, User Guide, Help Files, Test Plan, Test cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Responsible for determine which Test Environment to utilize and communicate requirements and expectations to performers in Configuration and development teams.
- Served as point of contact to Business and Project Management team for all QA activities.
- Managed defects using PVCS TRACKER
- Created technical document with all performance details based on requirements presented to project management and performance maintenance team.
- Responsible for determining whether the requirements are testable, identified the clarity in the requirements and requirements gap.
- Communicated defects to developers, performed defect investigations, communicated with DBA, analysts, designers and other users in the process.
Environment: Windows 2000, 2003, Pro XP, Vista, Linux (Fedora), PVCS Tracker, Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel, SQL Server, QTP.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Actively involved in analysis and design meetings to ensure that assigned functionality meets the user requirements.
- Involved in Functionality, GUI testing, Regression, Integration, System, UAT, Positive, Negative testing.
- Assisted the team in automating manual test cases into test scripts using QTP.
- Conducted database testing by running SQL queries on the Oracle database using AQT.
- Responsible to provide inputs from Quality Assurance area to Project Management Team and to QA Manager.
- Involved in Production Support, Tested high priority defects in the production environment.
- Created Test Plan , Test Procedures, and Requirement Traceability Matrix, manual and Test Cases.
- Used QTP to automate Test Scripts for the web version of the application called DTI (a front end tool developed in Java)
- Tracked defects using Change Synergy and Quality Center.
- Reviewed requirements with Business Analysts and other Stakeholders to determine adequacy and to confirm that they are testable.
- Ensured accuracy of project documentation in compliance with ISO 9001 guidelines.
- Performed and coordinated end-to-end system testing efforts and assisted users in UAT Testing.
- Logged the errors and tracked them using VZIP (an in house product) and coordinated efforts with the development team to resolve bugs.
- Analyzed the requirements thoroughly with the Business Owners/Clients and the Testing Teams.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Data for thorough testing.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to verify the Integrity of the database.
- Extensively involved in System Testing, Integration Testing and Backend Testing.
- Developed Integration and System Test plans, Test cases and Scenarios including Data required to adequately and thoroughly Test complex solutions on multiple operating platforms.
- Logged the errors and tracked them using Change Synergy (an in house bug tracking tool) and coordinated efforts with the development team to resolve bugs.
Environment: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP, VB, VB.NET, JAVA, Lotus Notes, UML, HTML, Change Synergy, VZ IP, Toad for Oracle 9i, AQT, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Rational Suite, Quality Center and QTP