IT Project Manager and Certified Scrum Master with over 10 years of professional experience in leading software development project delivery team to meet demanding time restraints. Skilled in providing effective leadership, coaching and mentoring in fast - paced and deadline-driven environments. Experienced working with geographically dispersed teams, stakeholders of all levels and third party service vendors. Capable of driving Agile adaptation using Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, XP, Lean. Significant consulting management experience leading global projects on telecommunications, healthcare and finance.
- Agility in Delivery Execution (8 yrs)
- Storyboarding, Requirements Mapping (6 yrs)
- Strategy Development (5 yrs)
- Report Writing (7 yrs)
- SDLC Process and Standards (9 yrs)
- Stakeholder Communication (6 yrs)
- Roadmap Development (5 yrs)
- Project Scheduling (5 yrs)
- Value Driven Prioritization (6 yrs)
- Risk Assessment (5 yrs)
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Project), SmartSheet, Jira, SVN, OneNote, Confluence, Adobe Photoshop, SQL, TestLink, VPN Client, remote control software, Salesforce.
Languages: Fluent in Spanish, Proficient in Portuguese
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Increased Developers productivity by 30% within last three months.
- Responsible for all aspects of sprint planning, spring review, backlog grooming, retrospective meeting and estimations within the scope of the project.
- Measured capacity team planning based on story points and highest backlog priority items to minimize risks and dependencies of deliverables.
- Successfully implemented techniques and methodologies like TFS Digital Kanban Board to showcase work in progress, to do and done items which improved 15 % based on historical d Confidential
- Overseeing MF Cash Enhancement project as well as CRT-ODS integration SQLServer D Confidential base with over 50 associates.
- Conducted presentations on Metrics reporting and Planning progress WSR to stakeholders and third-party vendors.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Scrum Master
- Increased team velocity by 20% in the first 3 months of employment by incorporating capacity planning into sprint planning session.
- Facilitated in person and virtual team retrospectives to build good working relationships among team members across 5 states.
- Identified potential project risks and helped executive team to develop a mitigation plan to resolve issues.
- Removed impediments and protected team members from interruptions and distractions to maximize productivity. Encouraged and implemented process improvements.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time by 35%.
- Adapted Kanban Activities like WIP limits and measure the lead time as well as visualization of workflow which improved team performance during our Sprint iteration.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Agile Project Manager
- Integrated relevant metrics into a business process including epic and sprint burndown, velocity, capacity, business value delivered, etc. that helped the team see how they are progressing and provide management insight regarding the performance of the team.
- Provided Agile Fundamentals and User Story Writing workshops to over 60 employees across 3 geographic locations.
- Provided leadership in establishing project base line budgets between $1.5 - $7M. Developed product roadmap, work breakdown structure, and schedules in individual and group situations.
- Collaborated with the PMO manager to improve business process and to implement best Agile practices.
- Managed vendor relationships from commercial negotiations to implementations.
- Applied Kanban and lean practices which helped clearly with bottlenecks and visibility in real-time process. This created flexibility in planning and helped minimize cycle time and collaborative approach with team which improved process by 15% within Q2.
Confidential, Rockville, VA
- Maintained team productivity using Kanban Board with established WIP limits while improving quality performance metrics.
- Implemented Agile Kanban across Software projects and increased time-to-market and predictability by 20% in the first quarter.
- Managed and tracked service/product development process over all phases of SDLC including the review of business requirements specifications, preparation and execution of QA test cases.
- Hired 7 developers and 5 external contractors in effort to meet organizational goal to generate targeted revenue.
- Identified opportunities for developers which allowed team to adopt new skills and significantly reduce technical debt.
Confidential, Wheaton, MD
- Interpreted market and identified new business opportunities for the bank.
- Successfully acquired an average of 180 clients per month generating 12% revenue growth.
- Supervised daily operations of the bank with a focus on delivering high level of customer service.
- Trained staff on banking concepts, selling techniques, and communication approach.
- Conducted sales presentations and meetings to the team members on the weekly basis.
- Evaluated loan officers’ productivity and recommended methods for improvement.
- Executed sales plan to generate over 200 approved consumer accounts within first quarter.
- Performed loan counseling to clients, reviewed loan applications, and created investment portfolio.