Agile Software Development professional with a track record in delivering and leading agile software projects. Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively lead multiple teams, through sprint cycles. Experience working with agile project management tools like JIRA and Visual Studios. Strong knowledge of Scrum, and Kanban frameworks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Servant Leadership Self - starter Detail-Oriented Microsoft Word
- Multi-tasker Project Management Business Analysis Backlog refinement
- Excel Product Management Software Development Visual Studio Scrum Jira Agile Methodologies
- Able to recognize value, Decisive, Coach Organization into Scrum Adoption
- Agile Program Management PowerPoint
- Absorbing technical information quickly and efficiently.
- Team trust building through various activities.
- Good communication and business writing skills
- Public speaking
- Facilitate Agile/Scrum ceremonies for remote and onsite teams
- Ability to research and plan for future expansion.
- Proactive and good listener/ communicator.
Information Technology Knowledge: Mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Internet Exploring, Windows, IOS, Android, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Scrum, Jira
Confidential, SILVERSPRING, MD
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies; Iteration planning, Daily scrum, Iteration review, Iteration retrospective
- Worked with development team to improve their intra-team communication and iteration work for improved visibility of current work, open issues, and priorities
- Worked with Product Owner to groom backlog and plan releases
- Removed roadblocks for successful iterations, which led to the transition of releases on time
- Presented lunch and learn introductions to agile and scrum
- Participated in Scrum Master Community and encourage cross-team sharing of agile and scrum practices.
- Facilitated scrum-of-scrum meetings with off shore team to provide visibility of team's work and coordinated cross-team dependencies.
- Led a large Scrum adoption and implementation by designing a customized Scrum framework and governance
- Worked with Product Owners to prioritized and groomed Product Backlog
- Worked with the project team and Product Owners to develop and update Product Roadmap
- Conducted working sessions and planning meetings for User Stories Elaboration and Decomposition
- Provided on writing Business and Technical User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and Agile Engineering
- Facilitated Sprint Demo and Retrospective Meeting
- Tracked daily progress using Burn down Chart metrics
- Aided my team to focus on daily and iteration goals
- Created an environment for learning and innovation by helping the Product owner to create stories for learning and Research.
Confidential, VIENNA, VA
- Implemented and maintained Agile/Scrum framework within the organization
- Managed/oversaw multiple software development teams for our member benefits
- Lead teams to meet aggressive software development goals and deadlines
- Advised management on particular projects to ensure best decisions were taken
- Maintained continuous alignment of project scope through tough environments
- Created detailed reports and reported directly to the CEO on a bi-weekly basis
- Trained and coached new team members in the Scrum process.
- Mentored and coached Scrum teams on Relative Estimation and User Stories
- Facilitated Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, & Sprint Retrospectives
- Supported the Product Owners with updating and grooming the product backlog
- Tracked and made visible the Teams' progress, Velocity, Burn down charts and other metrics and Information Radiators on an ongoing basis
- Mentored the development teams to understand and practice the core Scrum Principles, Roles, Rules and Values
- Identified and removed impediments to development teams' progress, and protected the teams from outside distractions
- Knowledgeable with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Refactoring, Continuous Deployment, Pairing, Automated Testing. Familiar with other methodologies like Kanban, and XP.
Confidential, DALLAS, TEXAS
- Gathered requirements for business definition and facilitate JAD/JAR sessions with stakeholders to refine functional requirement
- Identified and removed obstacles that will keep the team from achieving their goals
- Supported the product owner in maintaining the product backlog and scheduling next release
- Ensured effective implementation of agile process
- Communicate with clients and inform the organization about the customer business needs
- Facilitated iteration planning meetings, lead work within individual sprints and coordinate retrospectives and demos.
- Lead daily stand ups, evaluate progress and provide support as needed on remediation of impediments to support commitments to product.
- Provided to scrum team to ensure Agile scrum is understood and practiced from Planning to Implementation.
- Actively worked with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to monitor and prioritize product backlog on an ongoing basis to meet release timelines and value to the business.
- Worked with outside organizations and business partners to coordinate cross-team dependencies in order to meet product objectives.