- PMP certified Project/Program management professional with more than 16 years of diverse experience in Banking and Financial services. Expertise in starting the projects/program from inception and establishing over multi - year roadmap. Worked with various third-party vendors to implement the solutions and replace the legacy systems from Banking and Financial domain. Expertise in implementing Agile Methodology Framework (Scrums, Kanban) and Dev Ops Model.
- Solid understanding of front-to-back trade flow lifecycle and data management (market data, trade data, client and product data). Strong knowledge on Securities Lending, Collateral Management within the Prime services area.
- Excellent knowledge on Servers, Instances, Databases, Middleware, GUIs and various technology tools.
- Experience delivering regulatory projects including MIFID (I &II), IFRS, BASEL, BSA AML, KYC, CDD, DFS, DODD-FRANK, CFTC, NFA, CCAR, FATCA etc.
- Closely worked with external regulatory consultants (BIG-4 & Promontory) and managed the hard deadlines with Confidential .
- End to End Project/program management expertise using SDLC Methodology (Agile and Waterfall), PMO Framework, PED Documents, Business Case writing, Project/Program Plans/Schedule in MS Project/JIRA, Financial Management (Forecast/Actually etc) in CLARITY (CAPPM), Presentation (using MS Excel, Power Point, Word, VISIO), Vendor Management, Status tracking and Milestones Communications, Creating Business Analytics Dashboard with QlikView , Work with other teams such as development, testing, Infrastructure, DBAs, Production Support, Legal, Compliance, IT Security & Audit and Finance.
- Managed the project/programs having up-to 50 resources with the budget of 20 Million USD.
Programming languages: DCL, Shell Scripts, VBA, Macros, VB Scripts, Perl, COBOL, PL/SQL, T-SQL. Net, Java
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, SYBASE, ADABAS
Messaging Systems: TIBCO RV, WEBMETHODS, MXML, FPML, SWIFT, FIX, XML
Programming Languages: COBOL, DCL, JAVA, C++, Pro*C, Shell Scripts, Perl, VB.Net, .Net, PL/SQL, Excel Macros
Trading applications: MUREX, MT4 (Desktop and Mobile), FIDESSA, KONDOR+, INTELLIMATCH, EQUILEND, FX-All, AUTOBAHN, Deal-hub, OMS, Global One, Thomson Reuters Eikon, Bloomberg Terminal and various bespoke trading systems
Non-Trading applications: PEGA (FMS & CRM, Case Management), SALESFORCE, REG-REPORTER, ACTIMIZE, Thunderhead, XCEPTOR, Markit, Market Wire, Market Data and other various in-house systems
IT Program Manager
Confidential, New York
- Hired to set the strategy and project kick-off of Confidential rollout and Funds Transfer Pricing Engine.
- Created the Steering Committee deck and kicked off the first meeting with senior stakeholders including C -Levels
- Planned and layed out the overall delivery strategy with the minimized risks and optimized financials.
IT Project/Program Manager
Confidential, New York
- Apart from managing the project end to end including financial management, I am playing a Scrum Master role, running the sprints on JIRA agile board and tracking the development build by the Confidential Vendor. Directly managing the relationship with Confidential vendor.
- Successfully delivered SCUSA Books and Records (WORM Project) following SEC 17a-4, FINRA 4511 and CFTC Swap rules CFTC 1.31 across USA branches/Agencies.
- Maintaining/managing the project documentation/status reports/dashboard in Sharepoint/JIRA/CA PPM Clarity.
- Managed 9 work streams (up-to 50 people) to manage the various trading systems changes within the Capital markets in order to rectify the manual adjustments in the source systems as well as regulatory reporting application (Reg-Reporter - a vendor product) in Agile Environment.
- Managed Confidential Business (Bank’ Commodity trading unit) end to end integration and automation for Trade/GL Balance feed for financial regulatory reports on Murex Trading Platform.
- Worked with Legal/Compliance and business heads for the regulatory attestation process and Fed Letter reviews and submissions.
- Worked with AML (DF504)/Data Lineage teams to provide leadership in the project deliverables.
- Worked with promontory (External Consultants), BIG-4s and senior management in order to manage the timeline reporting with Confidential and other regulators.
- Project Management (Agile & waterfall) activities includes Business Case writing, Vendor management, resource planning, Financial/Forecast/Budget management, Management and FED Reporting and Stakeholder management.
- Working with senior management and helping strategize the IT & Finance target operation Models.
- End to end project/program management including financial management, governance, plan/schedule, scope, resource, Issue management, delivery management including SDLC, RAID management, stakeholder management, and quality.
- Single point of contact with business stakeholders (with LOBs) and help prioritize their book of work by providing the preliminary analysis and the cost estimates according the problem statement and the scope statement and track them in JIRA/Sharepoint.
- Act as a scrum master and worked with Product owner to prioritize the deliveries and ran the sprints in Agile Environment.
- Chair the steering committee for the projects/programs with senior stakeholders and provide the status report.
- Mentor and train junior project managers/BAs and implement the best practice of project management using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Get involved in project stages with associates and expedite the BRD, FSD, Development, testing and UAT phases when required. Review the documents to ensure that the phases are completed without any issues.
- Weekly review of RAID matrix for risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions and discuss in the program meeting.
- Work with Compliance teams to seek approval for the process change in the countries and hubs.
- Create business cases, project/program plan, PED documents, working group and setup a steering committee (PSC) and working committee and allocate to various project managers and business analysts.
- Track and manage reports of projects costs, resource management, capacity planning, RIDA logs and approval processes and provide the up-to-date status in steering committee/Project Board.
- Managing Country level heads (Including C- Level) and business heads for the solution and delivery across Front, Middle and back office operations across all the asset classes within Financial markets division in SCB.
- Worked with Business Analytics team for MIS reporting capability in Qlikview dashboards for all the departments within Financial Markets & Securities Services operations.
- Managed various work streams for business analysis with a BIG-4 vendor of current and future changes in order to implement MIFID II which included but not limited to analyzing the impact on client data, broker/dealers booking models, product management and its setup, reporting requirements, monitoring and advanced trade workflows with maker/checker functionality. Laid out the phase -1 project plan focusing on analyzing the client and reporting requirements. This included external consultants from BIG-4 firm.
- Managed and prioritized the various deliveries of legal entity structure changes while implementing the business and technical changes for FATCA, DODD-FRANK and MIFID frameworks.
- Holistic categorization of US and European Entity clients and managed end to end delivery of MIFID and DODD-Frank Changes as per the operational efficiency and new regulatory requirements.
- MT306 (SWIFT Confirmation - Murex 2.11: July-16) -Managed End to end delivery and business change for NDFs (derivatives). This covered the complete trade flow cycle on MUREX trading platform.
- Complaints Handling Policy Framework - Worked with Compliance team and implemented the framework on PEGA (a vendor product) for financial markets users globally.
- Data reconciliation: Established processes to reconcile the client data and master agreements between Client Utility document (application) and Bank’s golden source.
- Implemented Actimize system for Transaction screening for the financial markets division.
- Worked with client experience senior management and provided the overview of existing communication channels and provided recommendations to input to the Target Operating Model (TOM).
Project/Program Manager (PM/PS)
- Setup the trading floor and established the regional IT and business support teams in Singapore covering APAC locations.
- Successful end to end delivery of the projects included but not limited to implementing new market risk platform, enhancements on 3rd Party platforms such as IRESS, TRADEWEB, internal pricing logic enhancement for FX pairs, margin and liquidation system enhancements, Tiered Margin, implementing Thomson Reuters news feed, Pricing live streaming, launching new products (currency pair, new stock on the platform), Order Netting, Module Linking, Guaranteed Stop loss Order (GSLO), Client communication framework, client classification program, Market Data and Payments Projects on Mobile (Apples and Android Devices) and Web trading platforms and on internal applications.
- Transitioned the support function of the Stock broking platform from Sydney development team and aligned with the existing support processed. This brought down 30 % reduction in cost. This was delivered well ahead of time.
- Worked on a project to migrate the back office modules (confirmations and settlements) to a UNIX based system from a legacy system Open VMS for FX/MM products.
- Worked on-site with the development team and key stakeholders in the Frankfurt office during the planning phase of the project and completed the planning phase ahead of time. Managing the BAU support for NICE Actimize system for transaction screening.