- Proven Project Management Experience Spanning 15+ Years
- Excellent communicator and presenter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with ease, and an excellent ability to interface with application architects and technical resources to provide resolutions for infrastructure and application defects.
- Adept at providing day to day project and resource management to drive projects to meet target deliverables and budget objectives.
- Results - focused contributor, successfully driving all phases of product implementation to achieve on-time, on-budget completion.
- Work with management to define business and technical requirements as well as make recommendations for end user acceptance and overall executive buy in.
- Innovation & Strategic Thinking
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Kanban Coach
- Team Building, Training & Development
- Conflict Resolution/Problem Solving
- Process Improvement
- Resource Management
- Project Management Certification
- Agile Coach
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- SAFe SA Certification
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- MS Project
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Team Track
- Serena Agile Planner
- Rally (Cloud Hosted)
- Outlook & Lotus Notes
- Clarity v8.1.4
- Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
SCRUM MASTER/Scrum Coach
- Stood-up and Coaching three new scrum teams with 45 to 60 resources comprised of Business Analyst, Developers, Testing, and Product Owners.
- Conduct release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and demos.
- Capture data to measure Velocity against Capacity to allow management forecasting for future efforts.
- Teams of up to 75 - 90 resources recently transitioned into a “Pivot to Process” model where teams from 5 different platforms were placed together as one team. FileHub, Remittance Center, Case Manager, OBIEE, and, CCP.
- Manage and maintain Rational Team Concert (RTC) where all stories are housed, tracked and reported on through different views and queries.
- Setup Releases and Sprints within RTC as well as provide any access a resource may need to accurately report status of their work.
Confidential, Topeka, KS
SCRUM MASTER/Kanban Coach
- Coached a Kanban team of 10 mainframe Cobol & PL1 developers, 4 Java developers and 10 system analyst focused on maintaining multiple existing HIPAA 5010 transaction systems ensuring that we stay in compliance with federally mandated rules.
- Managed 4 Agile teams with 38 resources (including business analyst, java web/mobile site developers, and product owners) to complete a large scale corporate initiative to redesign their membership system, claims system, contract system, customer service system, and 270/271 provider transaction system to meet the Affordable Care Act (ACA) federally mandated guidelines.
- Facilitated weekly backlog grooming sessions for five work streams that allows the development and business teams to make design decisions, driving toward better requirement gather to ultimately result in less re-work.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
SCRUM MASTER/Agile Trainer & Coach
- Successfully implemented an Agile training plan to include role based materials to ensure Agile standards were consistently practiced.
- Managed a team of developers based in India responsible for implementing Incident Mgmt portion of ITSM initiative.
- Facilitated requirement gathering efforts with the business to make certain the user story format was adhered to.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Successfully managed the implementation, development, and deployment of a Remedy replacement system for Service Request Management, Asset Management, Change and Configuration Management Database, and Application Dependence Discovery Manager called Maximo for IT suite of applications using Tivoli. (TSRM, TAMIT, CCMDB, and TADDM)
- Worked collaboratively with three process owners, the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) product owner and a development team of eleven to ensure requirements were delivered with a high degree of quality.
- Responsible for ensuring Agile Scrum standards were consistently practiced by the three IT application development teams that I managed. Encouraged team empowerment and process improvements to help reduce maintenance overhead and maximize business value. Kept the teams moving forward with Sprint commitments while removing impediments.
Confidential, Centennial, CO
- Successfully executed the development and deployment of the Video On Demand User Portal, the CMC Customer Portal and the Black Outs for Sporting Events application.
- Worked to create a bridge between product owners and the development teams.
- Managed the budgets for multiple projects including estimating, planning and preparation.
- Implemented a transition to Agile processes within the Product Development department.
- Created a clearly defined process chart that was adopted by the Project Management Organization.
- Designed training materials and templates for the Agile transition.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Consultant
- Tasked to provide Clarity business requirement analysis for the Information Technology Services group.
- Spearheaded the development and creation of new requirements documentation templates.
- Facilitate requirement focus sessions with various business groups throughout ITS.
- Implemented training materials used to guide new Clarity users step-by-step through their daily job responsibilities.
Confidential, Golden, CO
SCRUM MASTER, Internet Business Group/Business Intelligence
- Trained, managed and facilitated the transition of the company from Waterfall to Agile and created training documentation.
- Worked to improve the velocity of each team by ensuring any roadblocks were removed and observing all team meeting such as Story Sizing, Iteration Planning, Sprint Planning, Demo to Stakeholders, Sprint Close, Sprint Retrospectives, and Daily Stand-Ups.
- Handled all development for Confidential .com internet website as well as all business intelligence reporting, ensuring that the six million unique users of our site receive the most accurate and up to date data about our nation's 5,000 hospitals, 16,000 nursing homes, and over 650,000 physicians, via their PC or Handheld devices, while minimizing costs and planning future site enhancements.
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Managed day to day efforts to ensure that projects scope/requirements had been clearly defined and overall objectives, standards and quality was met and facilitated weekly requirement gathering sessions for future sprints.
- Established goals for the team to build an enterprise workforce management software tool specializing in rail crew management and timekeeping solutions.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Managed project cost through weekly analysis of resource utilization.
- Delegated workload assignments of offshore resources for the Claims iCES editing and Repricing Project.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Managed a team of 35 responsible for the installation and transition of claims files from multiple platforms to a Confidential Claims Application to ensure accuracy and faster claims processing.
- Gathered requirements and technical specifications, managed project scope, budget, and schedule to ensure delivery of project milestones and guideline compliance in accordance with Great West Health business standards.
- Resolved issues and risks and provided Earned Value metrics as well as Prepared Project Impact Reports
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Facilitated weekly client requirements-gathering meetings and analyzed options to provide recommendations based on client workflows.
- Worked directly with contractors, vendors, Kaiser Construction Services, KP-IT telephone technicians, data team, and engineers to provide technical support to Project Managers for multiple planned and unexpected moves and renovation projects with budgets averaging $3.5 million.
- Tracked scope, design, funding, and construction schedule throughout each project. Identified, tracked, and resolved project issues ensuring timelines and budgets were met.
- Participated in new floor build-out design and review meetings with mechanical and electrical engineers, interior designers, and equipment planners.
Confidential, San Leandro, CA
OFFICE MANAGER/ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR
- Advised company President and Vice President on standard accounting practice resulting in collections of $1 million in past-due services costs and resolution of a $30,000 deficit.
- Implemented process workflows that reduced the billing cycle from 365 days to 45 days resulting in increased revenue.
- Responsible for tracking funds on open purchase orders, A/P, A/R, and billing to 33 hospitals within several communities and coordinated scheduled cell-salvage procedures with account-holding hospitals and managed the workflow of 16 surgery-related health care employees.