- Confidential is a proactive and highly motivated professional, with exceptional facilitation, a race - under-fire skill and have a reputation as a change agent in the ever-changing world of high tech. Ability to embrace new challenges and have the commitment to solve gnarly business and implementation challenges to impact the innovation across large organizations. With strong leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, he is able to establish rapport with all levels of management and stakeholders. Using strong collaborative consensus-driven skills, he is able to create and lead interdepartmental/multifunctional teams in achieving industry standards and regulatory compliance.
- Confidential has over 20+ years of experience in AMI, Smart Grid (DA, EMS, DMS, OMS, SCADA and GIS), CIP Cyber Security and IT architect and solution management in the electric, gas and water utility industry.
- Directed, managed and led large AMI and Smart Grid programs and projects including wireless network, device, meter and MDM solution design, integration and deployment.
- 20+ years of experience specializing in Enterprise Program & Project Management, Process Improvement, Architect for SAP ISU CR&B, Oracle CC&B solution, managing ITRON, Confidential, L+G AMI deployment, and implementing EMS, ADMS, OMS, MWM and DA solutions.
- AMI Network (900 MHz, WiFi, Backhaul, security, monitoring) Expert
- Substation Automation, Sensors and DA (IEC 61850, FLISR, etc.) Expert
- Business Process and Workflow Development Expert
- EMS, OMS, DMS, NMS, FLISR, DA
- Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, SQP Expert
- DevOps and High Availability Architecture Deployment Expert
- Microsoft Project, PMI, nProject, Agile Expert
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
SENIOR CONSULTANT, PROJECT MANAGER
To provide expert consulting and project management services to the utility customers.
- Manage project budget, reporting project progress, risks, issues and time
- Communicating business requirements to the project sponsor
- Manage the implementation of the AMI including network, meters, and MDM solution. Coordinating implementation with meter reading schedule, Defining process for read and retrieve meter d Confidential, calculate usage, VEE meter d Confidential, format d Confidential, Manage d Confidential on MDM server, Meter/device management.
- Participating in Solution Reviews with team and to recommend future needs
- Created and communicated deployment methodology that supports IT solutions delivery. Ensured the project team using the IT Deployment standards, procedures, templates, deployment governance processes, and procedures.
- Leads and co-manages all vendor solution deployment activities along vendor leads, including deployment planning, cutover planning, cutover dress rehearsals, managing the cutover command center, communication with the clients IT and BU stakeholders, and leading post-deployment support activities / team.
- Managing Firmware upgrade of meters and DCU
- Managing Firmware testing and d Confidential validation of meters
- Managing AMI and Backhaul Network and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves operation problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- NERC CIP Cyber Requirements Mapping, Compliance Audit, Pre and Post Audit Support
- Smart Grid Network Security
- Access Control
- Back Up and Recovery/Business Continuity/Emergency Response
- Meter Installation and Communications Procedures
- Server Security
- Antivirus and PC Security
- Information Asset Classification and Protection
- Acceptable Use
- D Confidential Privacy
- Cryptographic Requirements (public key infrastructure, Policies, Practice Statements) for secure systems.
- Developed the information security incident response program and integrated it with the emergency preparedness program and business continuity plan.
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
- Confidential is a $52B company, providing solutions from Laptop to Network technologies its customers such as AT&T.
- Managing multiple consulting teams delivering leading edge Smart Meter and SAP ISU CR&B solutions. This position involved working across multiple organizations with frequent interactions with “C” level management. Major s including:
- Managed an AMI deployment project with integration with enterprise wide OMS and SAP ISU CR&B system. Managed a team of 45 team leaders, with managing expectations with senior management, stakeholders and sponsors. Lead the project team toward the project goals within scope, schedule and budget. Forecasting work plan and budget with minimal variance. Monitoring and reviewing all project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
- Managed an AMI network deployment and integration with OMS, WMS and SAP ISU CR&B system. Review project status and manage expectations with senior management, stakeholders and sponsors. Lead the project team toward the project goals within scope, schedule and budget. Forecasting work plan and budget with minimal variance. Day to day, managed customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems with change management implementation (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities, and s to the business. Manage issues and making sure progress is made.
- provided Smart Grid consulting services to develop the strategic plan, business case and regulatory support for deployment of AMI, DA, EMS and DMS solution. Managed the EMS implementation project working with the internal MERALCO team and GE (vendor for the EMS). Capturing business and functional requirements and writing clear specifications. Managing projects during the full Project Life Cycle, working closely with functional and technical teams to monitor progress of projects and ensure solutions meet business expectations.
- provided EMS consulting services to develop the strategic plan, business case and regulatory support for deployment of an EMS solution. As a project manager, led the common technology platform study to determine the recommended strategy for EMS platform. Creating a fast track EMS replacement including requirements definition, specification preparation, contract negotiations, and project implementation. This project replaced the existing EMS and interfaces to the existing market systems using an enterprise solution methodology. In addition, this project uses the Common Information Model as the basis for the applications d Confidential base modeling. Led and co-managed all vendor solution deployment activities along vendor leads, including deployment planning, cutover planning, cutover dress rehearsals, managing the cutover command center, communication with the clients IT and BU stakeholders, and leading post-deployment support activities / team.
- Confidential is the largest conglomerate in Bangladesh with multi-billion dollar in revenue): developed a prepaid metering managed solution for 18 million meters in Bangladesh. Solution included prepaid meters from Hexing (China), AMI solution from Exelec (EPM, Colombia) and NKSoft (USA) managed SaaS solution. Developed complete business case, RFP documents, SaaS and deployment plan for this largest prepaid solution in the world.
- Partnered with (both are consulting and outsourcing companies with multi-billion dollar in revenue): developed US market development strategies, sales and business development support to capture utility application development, support and outsourcing.
- Confidential Network (is the leader in AMI and Smart Grid networking technologies): provided consulting support to develop market research, business case and solution offering for the midsize utilities and coop market in the USA.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Principle & Vice President
- Now it is called DNV GL, a $2.5B company based in Netherlands, providing solutions to the utility industry such as DUKE, Oncor, CenterPoint, Southern California Edison, etc.
- Director of consulting managing sales and delivery of large implementation projects in North American Utility market. Developed the go-to-market strategy for the Smart Grid solutions, Business Process Re-engineering and NERC CIP cyber security offering. Major s including:
- Architected and managed a multi-year AMI and Smart Grid program. This support included assessing SAP ISU system for business and technical requirements for the AMI and DA, telecommunications requirements, IT and OT requirements and business process change requirements. Developed a comprehensive business case for the company and the regulators for approval. Review project status and manage expectations with senior management, stakeholders and sponsors. Lead the project team toward the project goals within scope, schedule and budget. Forecasting work plan and budget with minimal variance. Day to day, managed customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems with change management implementation (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities, and s to the business.
- Managed a muti-year consulting project in supporting this major Brazil- based utility in developing its multi-year Smart Grid program. Project manager responsible for implementation of EMS and Pi-Historian and integration with AREVA EMS solution and Outage Management Solution (OMS).This support included selecting an EMS platform for 5 Energisa distribution companies. Assessing SAP applications for business and technical requirements for the metering. Assessing telecommunications platforms of the AMI and DA evaluating world-wide vendor products and manufacturing processes. Developed five comprehensive business cases for five distribution companies within Energisa group. Also performed technical analysis to reduce theft and improve grid efficiencies.
- Managed a consulting project in supporting this large investor owned utility in developing its enterprise wide security program for its CIP, NERC and Cyber-Security mandate. The security program also included OG&E’s AMI and Smart Grid program.
- EMS Replacement and Migration: Project manager for a SCADA/EMS replacement project including planning, procurement, bid evaluation, contract negotiations and implementation. Subsequent work to assess the impacts to the EMS for ERCOT’s move to a nodal market as well as assisting with Austin’s EMS migration of its EMS to the newest release.
- Managed a consulting project in supporting this large investor owned utility in developing its multi-year AMI and Smart Grid program. This support included assessing business and technical requirements for the AMI and DA, telecommunications requirements, IT and OT requirements and business process change requirements. Developed a comprehensive business case for the company and the regulators for approval.
- Managed a consulting project and lead the project to develop feasibility of the Wind and Solar energy for an international utility company. Determined what storage capacity that could be required with and without large volumes of installed wind power. Secondly the result of the study should be what type of energy storage will be the most rational choice from a technical, an economic and an environmental perspective.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Principal, Confidential E-Business
- Provided consulting leadership, developed and managed utilities projects. Major s including:
- Full Scale AMI roll out project. Responsible for conducting multiple AMI pilot for a full scale AMI rollout, including requirements verification, scaling analysis and vendor evaluation (from meter production, quality assurance to firmware upgrade process). Managed multi-vendor environment, including contract negotiation, establishing SLAs, tracking deliverables and invoicing from vendors. The contracts include IT components and meter delivery, and AMI related services. Was responsible for contracts with AMI, MDM and Network Backhaul vendors.
- Full Scale roll out project with $350M Confidential ( Confidential ) solution for Confidential ( Confidential ). Worked with multiple products and services units within Confidential, ITRON (meter vendor) and technology vendors to develop a comprehensive solution for the customer.
- Lead a team to successfully delivery of the following engagements:
- ATMOS Energy - Oracle CC&B Implementation
- TU Electric - Process Re-engineering of Call Center, Strategic IT plan development
- Enron Energy Services - Deployment of SAP Energy solution